Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:12:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Trouble in Paradise. Started by: Zeitgeist on Apr 25, '15 19:50

*Zeitgeist had a strained look on his face, it is never easier doing what needs to be done...*

You will all have seen the removal of Chun_Li from Paradise. It was only a few days ago that she moved into the position and there was so much promise and hope brought back to Paradise; a district that has already had a troubled history. Chun_Li was born in New York under Godfather Batiatus and with him retiring from our world, her connections and ties to it did weaken somewhat. That being said she was not removed because her ex Godfather moved back to the old country. 

I have had a number of people come to me with concerns that they were worried about trusting Chun_Li; this did concern me but I am always inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt. I then had a number of New York members and leaders come to me to express some further concerns. it would appear that Chun has been going out accusing members of New York families of posting anonymous hits on one of her members. 

I really have little interest in getting into the finer details of the ethics of this matter but simply put it puts her and Las Vegas in a poor light when she accuses our former cities members of posting hits on her members. I certainly don't condone this behavior and it clearly needed to be investigated further. However shamelessly pointing the finger at everyone is a sure fire way to gather negative attention. This required a soft touch, some investigation and a little diplomacy. It lacked all of the above.

It took some time to consider the nature of things, I was presented with a leader who would be eligible Godfather in a matter of days, a leader in a city I was ultimately responsible for, a leader who clearly lack diplomatic touch. It didn't take me long to realize that this wasn't someone I could trust and certainly not someone who was going to make things better in Paradise.

It is for these reasons we made the difficult decision to remove Chun_Li and her sworn members. It's yet another sad day for Paradise, Rest in Peace to those fallen. It is not always easy to identify and more importantly, do what needs to be done for the greater good of your city. I am sure you will see that is what we did her today.

*Zeitgeist walks away with a heavy heart*

Report Post Tip

Surely Paradise is the district for short reigns!

Excellent work, Don Zeitgeist. Trust is very important n this thing of ours, and so is diplomacy. When you have a leader that lacks both of these things, then why shouldn't you remove them? Vegas will surely evolve through this removal, and the city will grow out to be something more.

Rest in peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tip

I then had a number of New York members and leaders come to me to express some further concerns. it would appear that Chun has been going out accusing members of New York families of posting anonymous hits on one of her members.

Id be interested in seeing who these folks were...the accused that is. Chun_Li was hand picked to lead by GodFather Batiatus and contrary to popular belief perhaps, she did have diplomatic relations with other leaders. So the timing of this along with GodFather Batiatus retiring is somewhat convenient to me. 

a leader in a city I was ultimately responsible for,

Wouldn't she outrank you as GodFather in a few days? I don't see how that statement is true. 

But alas the victors set the rules! 

Report Post Tip

Wouldn't she outrank you as GodFather in a few days? I don't see how that statement is true. 

I think that ''in a few days'' says it all. As of now Don Zeitgeist is the district head of the Strip, which is the Central District (and thus usually the most important one). Chun Li wasn't Godfather yet, so saying that she would outrank him in a few days doesn't really matter, does it?

Report Post Tip

I think that ''in a few days'' says it all. As of now Don Zeitgeist is the district head of the Strip, which is the Central District (and thus usually the most important one). Chun Li wasn't Godfather yet, so saying that she would outrank him in a few days doesn't really matter, does it?

I guess in that case he is in fact NOW, truly responsible for the city with no God Father at the helm.  

Report Post Tip

Id be interested in seeing who these folks were...the accused that is. Chun_Li was hand picked to lead by GodFather Batiatus and contrary to popular belief perhaps, she did have diplomatic relations with other leaders. So the timing of this along with GodFather Batiatus retiring is somewhat convenient to me.

One of the finer points of diplomacy is that you don't flagrantly broadcast other leaders business. I am sure that in time, should the leaders in question be happy to share the accusations they will do so, but I hope you can understand it is not my place to out them.

Ultimately she should have been eligible for Godfather in 5 days, whether or not she would have put in the work to take that step up is yet to be determined. What I meant by my statement was that, I was given the central district of the city and the responsibility to run the city cleanly and effectively.

It is never an easy decision to make, and this was not simply an act of bloodlust, if there has been another more appropriate recourse I would have utilized that instead. 

Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Zannah was fresh off the ship on the pacific coast. She seen on the news that L a district in LV had been laid to waste. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a napkin and wipes her eyes. Her kin had just died while she was on the ship to visit heer.

Rest in peace to the fallen

Report Post Tip
I think if my brother Shadow_of_Death was on for the attack I think the out come would had been different, but that's a story for another day. RIP to the fallen.
Report Post Tip

I'm sure it would, God_Of_War.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace to the fallen

Indeed. And may they learn from their past errors in afterlife...

Report Post Tip

Standing in the back of the crowd that was listening to the speech being given by Zeitgeist as to the downfall of Paradise, MistyBlue shakes her head and sighs. Cant he even throw a bit of truth in there? Feeling the need to speak on Chun_Li's behalf, MistyBlue steps forward when Zeitgeist finished vomiting his lies..

"First of all sir, Chun_Li wasn't born in NY under Batiatus, she was given shelter there after WeepingAngel stepped down. She was in his crew just over a month when she was approached about being his auth as he was taking Godfather within the month. Two weeks after that he approached her about having her own district in LV which she declined because she had a bad feeling about accepting that for several reasons. If there's any doubt about that, she has the logs of that conversation..A couple weeks down the road she was again approached about having her own district in LV, this time by Godfather Curtis..With the same reservations, she made a different choice this time..What these two Godfather's handed her under the pretense of "Opportunity" was a death sentence. The million $$ question is why? She knew she wouldn't survive long enough to see Godfather. The reason in my view she took this "opportunity" was the knowledge she'd potentially gain from the experience. If there were so many concerns and questions concerning her loyalty, why put her there? She did nothing to disgrace LV. The only thing she did was stand her ground with a NY leader that has no idea of the meaning of diplomacy. During your "investigations" into these matters, as well as any other concerns you and all the other leaders have regarding Chun_Li's ethics, and loyalties, shouldn't there have been some kind of formal inquisition into those matters? Why didn't you speak to her about any of this?..You do with other leaders as well as anyone else that needs correction. While other times you allow others get away with murder. You looked the other way while another top leader continually showed poor ethics in the streets with foul language and sexual insinuations were thrown around on a frequent basis. So this is the behavior you DO condone..Got it..you certainly taught her the error of her ways. Being loyal to your family, standing up for them is a no no..Got it..

Chun_Li also attempted to reach out to the acting Godfather Chairman of LV Zeitgeist expressing her frustration, but he offered no words of wisdom, no advice, no repremand..he appeared to have no knowledge of any of this. At no time did he contact her about this matter or any other concerns for that matter..What I get out of your speech is that it was unethical behavior for Chun_Li to approach this associates leader to discuss this matter..she should have jumped the chain and gone straight to the top and bothered a Godfather(s) with something that in her opinion could have have been handled between the leaders first..so noted..here's the thread regarding that conversation.

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/583012/tpass/890eb7f9adcdd66607dd6a88509358be#10199681

Second..Just who are these so called leaders expressing concern over my loyalty? The answer to that one is easy..there weren't any because she gave them no reason to distrust her..Were they the ones she was forging diplomatic relations with, the ones she was trying to get to know?

Third..Show me the logs from all those leaders in NY that Chun_Li approached accusing their members of hit listing her associate. You can't because they dont exist. There was only ONE leader she approached, because he was the leader of the associate Chun_Li's associate was gambling with. How this leader came away with Chun_Li demanding he remove his associate is beyond my comprehension, when those words were neither said or implied. If you're bored enough and need something to read, here's the link to the back ally thread between Chun_Li and all those NY leaders she harassed and accused of hit listing her associate. Also is the hit list in question. Maybe you'll see why she came to the conclusion she did..

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/583011/tpass/599300beda649297ce890aee23f72b83

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/583013/tpass/c00a1dd3dc15a8c3e7e640c28f87fb94

All you needed was one little excuse to carry out a death sentence that was already set in motion, ready to execute given the first opportunity, and this was it, sooner than expected.

Report Post Tip

First of all sir, Chun_Li wasn't born in NY under Batiatus, she was given shelter there after WeepingAngel stepped down. She was in his crew just over a month when she was approached about being his auth as he was taking Godfather within the month.

Still your mother's (?) connection to Batiatius was strong enough for there to be worries after his retirement. 

Two weeks after that he approached her about having her own district in LV which she declined because she had a bad feeling about accepting that for several reasons. If there's any doubt about that, she has the logs of that conversation..

Why did she have a bad feeling about accepting her own district? Didn't she trust her own leaders?

The million $$ question is why? She knew she wouldn't survive long enough to see Godfather. The reason in my view she took this "opportunity" was the knowledge she'd potentially gain from the experience.

That, to me, makes it  clear that your mother was paranoid and that her removal was a good choice indeed.

You looked the other way while another top leader continually showed poor ethics in the streets with foul language and sexual insinuations were thrown around on a frequent basis. So this is the behavior you DO condone..Got it..you certainly taught her the error of her ways. Being loyal to your family, standing up for them is a no no..Got it..

• Who are you talking about?
  • And what does this have to do with the reasons for Chun Li's removal?

Chun_Li also attempted to reach out to the acting Godfather Chairman of LV Zeitgeist expressing her frustration, but he offered no words of wisdom, no advice, no repremand..he appeared to have no knowledge of any of this. At no time did he contact her about this matter or any other concerns for that matter..

I think the fact that there was actually a conversation, a conversation that you present here, is enough evidence of him offering his words. And did you know it's hard to detect who is putting these hits up when they're anonymous? Could have been anyone. 

Second..Just who are these so called leaders expressing concern over my loyalty? The answer to that one is easy..there weren't any because she gave them no reason to distrust her..Were they the ones she was forging diplomatic relations with, the ones she was trying to get to know?

The very fact that your mother is dead says enough about your claims of ''giving no reason to distrust her''. It appears your mother's efforts weren't enough. 

Maybe if you actually read your messages that you presented in your back alley, that you would realize that you're being a retard. Did you actually read Ivan's responses or what?

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to MistyBlue talking and when self-appointed prosecutor Minamoto had said his piece, he approached her.

"Misty, I would like to pass on my condolences for the loss of your mother.

However I do feel the need to correct you on a certain point in your speech. You said that my offer to your mother of her own district was a 'death sentence'. I can assure you it wasn't. If I'd had any personal interest in killing your mother I would have shot her where she stood. I've never been particularly shy about that kind of thing. 

Your mother was given the genuine opportunity to have her own district for a few reasons. Firstly, when Batiatus gave her auth, no one in the city knew her. I expressed concern about this but accepted Batiatus decision as he clearly knew your mother better than I. He assured me she would need some help but she'd do well given some encouragement. Happy to accept that, I spoke to your mother to encourage her to speak to the other crew leaders in the city and get all the help she could. I ended up doing this on several occasions as she rarely spoke to any of us and despite being given membership to New York's upper structures members club, our HS room and other privileged points of access, she almost never frequented them.

Now don't get me wrong, this behavior doesn't mark your mother as a bad person or a bad leader, it just gave me cause for concern about her integrating into the large family we have here. There is a certain togetherness we share in our day-to-day activities, helping each other out, joining in each other's activities and generally acting like friends. Your mother's reluctance to involve herself in our activities made me think that she may be better suited to being somewhere else. Given her approach to things was different, I thought of her when I was looking at the vacant district of Paradise. It to me that she may be better suited to building something around herself where she would feel more comfortable. The more I thought about that, the more it made sense and so it made sense to present her with the opportunity.

I can't speak on any of the internal issues with her family or the conflicts she may have had within her. I am simply here to state that the opportunity she was given by me was a clear chance at her own district."

Report Post Tip

For another day, Paradise had proved inhospitable to the machinations of the Cosa Nostra. The acting boss, and soon to be Godmother, had been removed, along with her top brass. Alphonse, from his desk at the Green Mill Club - an establishment he owned a stake in, by way of an associate's name on the paperwork - cast his eyes briefly at the headlines of the Vegas rags, which were always brought in by the goomba bouncing the door that morning. 

Journalists, he thought to himself with contempt. They loved a good gangster story. As The Church's presence grew in Summerlin, it was becoming harder for Capone to keep a low profile. Wealth brought an inherent celebrity with it, particularly in a place like Vegas, and while it glowed off a man like The Reverend - slick, charismatic, and scandalously rich - it did not suit the second-in-command quite as well. He was a more low-key presence. 

It was big moves like these that really gave the news offices a hard on. 'Sin City Slaying!', front and centre, across every newspaper in the city, and it sets a chain in motion. Some of the states less-uncivilized residents grow worried about the 'State Of Things', they'll say to the city councilman at their next Palm Valley luncheon. The money's concerned, the councilman will say to the mayor the next time they meet to conspire over new ways to shaft the taxpayer. Let me talk to my other money, he'll say to the councilman and The Church's phone will ring. 

A few more pockets to fill wasn't much of a concern and neither was laying low for a while and keeping things quiet. They had been here before, and now they were more prepared than when RTwoDoubleDTwo was killed. There was a standard operating procedure. Paradise had seen its share of loss. 

Al had known Chun Li from their time together in New York. She had always been kind to him, though as a businesswomen he knew very little of her practices. Buon' anima, the consiglieri mouthed as he made the sign of the cross across his upper body. It was not his place to ruminate about them now. Death has a ubiquitous influence on the culture of this thing, and with our idea of respect it is fundamentally intertwined. The union pest Alphonse had knocked off to make his bones could tell you that. 

He pushed the papers aside and stood up, leaving his desk with a few slow and casual strides. Downstairs, his driver was waiting. The Reverend and Capone would need to speak with The Strip about control of the rackets. A few weeks left to their own devices and suddenly a neighbourhood becomes the Somme between a bunch of bookies playing John Dillinger. But the machine is operated by the worker, not managed, and as such, a new administration was required. 

Report Post Tip

MinamotoNoYoritomo, I have an eclectic array of animals. What I don't have as of yet is a Jackass..Can I adopt you? If you had bothered to even try to comprehend what she was trying to say, you would have seen that she conceded to both Ivan and Zeitgeist that who actually made the hit couldn't be proven by her or anyone else. How did someone with your level of intelligence and comprehension miss that?? This retard is proud to have a mother such as Chun_Li, and no amount of shit slinging, by you or anyone else will change facts good or bad concerning the rest of it.

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">Godfather Curtis, if I may, you are correct in that you offered Chun_Li a great opportunity, a chance to grow and learn to be a great leader, as well as the support should I need it. Now I know and have a semblance of understanding as to why I was given this opportunity. However, I strongly feel the need to disagree with part of your reasoning. While it is accurate that Chun_Li was relatively unknown due to lack of street presence prior to her auth. She chose that path because she'd rather keep a low profile and do her thing. When approached with the prospective auth, she was told by her leader Batiatus that in order for that to happen, she'd have to meet the required street presence. And she did step that up quite a bit. She also reached out to fellow comrades TonyCappazo, and Scarfo to learn the RP aspect of the Streets. She did in fact reach out to quite a few leaders, and was open to the Reverend Sharptons request that the 3 leaders in LV get together to discuss the future. It never came to be..To say Chun_Li was "reluctant" to interact or join IRC rooms with the rest of the top leaders, would imply she made a </font>conscious<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> choice not to, when in fact she had no knowledge of said rooms, where and how these meetings were conducted..The retard daughter actually searched for those mails. all the </font>correspondences<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> found, mentioned nothing of those particular rooms, just the </font>crew leader<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> chat that she was continually kicked and banned from..all her "diplomatic" relations as a result were done in mm..Chun_Li has no one to blame but herself for that lack of </font>knowledge<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">, as that was the one question she </font>neglected<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> to ask about..but no one bothered to </font>reprimand<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> or warn her that failure to participate would earn her and her family a brutal death..you live and learn..</font>

Report Post Tip

dont have a clue as to what's up with all that font crap as I didnt copy and past a thing in that response..

Report Post Tip

The point was that you were accusing someone of posting a hit that he couldn't have posted at that time, and you still think it was him. That's enough for me to doubt your intelligence. You say that some guy from Ivan's crew lost to an Ace high straight and posted a hit on Tony, and that your mother's Left Hand observed this. Very possible, but I'm not surprised that Ivan didn't take this as hard evidence. Combine this wit your paranoia and perceiving your move as a death sentence, I'd say there was enough reason to remove you.

Report Post Tip

Actually Chun_Li and the LHM both witnessed him play kuku as he was sitting right next to her teaching her to play..which i also mentioned in that mail..

Report Post Tip

And it would be very weird for someone to post multiple hits, totaling about $ 20.5 million (if I'm correct) for a few poker hands, right? You say you witnessed them play, Ivan said he received assurances that Kuku didn't lose any insane amounts of money. And even if you were right and Kuku was responsible for these hits, then the reasons still stand.

This leader, an acting Godfather, assured you that his was not his guy, but you still insist. If you had a bit more tact and diplomacy, you could have let it rest? Again, combined with your paranoia it was best to remove you.

Report Post Tip

LOL..Call it and me what you will..put that with a skype call I got after Chun_Li's death that said the very thing i mentioned, that the NY leaders wanted me out..it's my assumption vs their words, another thing that cant be proven one way or the other. also mentioned was that I was wrong in who put the hit up..not wrong in who Tony_Accado played with, but who actually was responsible for posting the actual hit..Who ever it was that made the hit list post was paid to do it by the losing party after the original person declined. Easy enough to do, and no way to prove it..adding fuel to the fire, maybe..but it was all alluded to in one form or another..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Trouble in Paradise.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL