Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 01:35:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Chicago Gone. Started by: Curtis on Apr 28, '15 21:25

The dust was still in the air, some shots still rang out as the last pockets of resistance were put to sleep. The job was done. Chicago was gone. Curtis had finished the post war discussion with the various luminaries involved. Tetley, BlackBetty, Latin, Zeitgeist, Barry and the other leaders had all attended and reviewed the events, then headed off to tend to their respective districts.

Curtis sat in the back of the car as it drove toward the plaza, his gun laid out on a cloth on the seat beside him. He always took it apart, cleaned and oiled it piece by piece after every busy day. He found the methodical, slow process of care to be quite calming after all the excitement. The gun reassembled, reloaded and returned to it's holster, he enjoyed a drink as the car made its way through the streets. Arriving at the square, he stepped out and walked out in front of the expectant crowd.

"As you may have noticed Chicago is gone. Not wanting to keep you all in suspense or reduce you to swapping unsubstantiated theories, I thought I'd come here and explain what happened. For those of you with limited attention spans, here is the simple version. We removed the Chicago mob from our business. There were several discussions and it was decided that was the best way to go, so we acted accordingly."

He looked around at the faces and their various expressions, then went on.

"I could stand here and give you several incidents and issues that have arisen over Chicago's time. There were things like FutureStealer not shooting a member who was random wacking and may have taken more shots because he was left alive for 22+ hours until Tetley had too step in and did his job for him. There were other concerns with significant decision making such as Goku, who actively plotted to attack us, being given his own leadership role. There have been other issues too but I don't want to get into lists and miss the point.

The fact is, we made this decision for business. There was uncertainty in some quarters about the Chicago operation and given the enormous flood of kills in recent days, it was decided that it was better to eradicate any potential risk. We made a cold, clear decision and followed through with it. Simple as that."

Taking a swig from his flask, he let the drink settle inside as the news settled on the crowd.

"On a personal level I would just like to say I always liked Lexie and Ted. Good people with a good sense of fun and both interesting characters. It is regrettable that two such people had to fall in this move but such is the brutal nature of our world. God rest their souls. Now, as I still have several matters to attend to before this long day can end, I will take up no more of your time."

​Stepping away from the crowd he walked over to his car and began a discussion with The_Stig.

Report Post Tip

"We get no medals within this thing of ours, this is the life we choose, we all know the risks involved"

WhySoSerious muttered to himself as he walks from the crowd back home to Philly.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $75,000 Tip

Business is business.  It's regretable, but that is the way in this thing our ours, and I know my father would hold no grudges, however I'm lead to believe his personal killer didn't have the decency to leave him a message.  That is fairly low class of that particular hitter. 

Still, it's done now, no point crying over spilt blood-soaked-milk.  Rest in peace Chicago.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $75,000 Tip

Again still no reason for the shooting of those that are not in the upper structure of a family.

What ever happened to the grace of a pro to let a WG and lower go free / heck at least give them 48 hours to find a new family.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Charlie, a protection order is in place and most Wise Guys and below have been left free to relocate."

Report Post Tip

An angry man begins to walk quickly over to where Curtis is standing, a picture of the now deceased Ted clutched in his hands, the frown looms over everything as people await with bated breath for the person to begin his tirade on the system and attempt to argue with Curtis... and then it happens, a small toot emits from his backside and then complete silence. His anger turns to a look of relief while the smell works its way around the area.

"Damn. Been holding that one in all day."

He quickly signs the picture and hands it to Curtis.

"I'm sure this will be worth a load one day. Keep it. My treat."

Doing a series of backflips he works his way from the crowd and back into anonymity. 

Report Post Tip

RIP CH; a great city, but sadly, things don't quite work out like how we expect it or want it to work. I'd like to thank both Lexie and Ted, they were wonderful leaders, a great city will be missed, and so many great people died sadly.

Decisions were made, action was taken; nothing more can be said. Time to move on.

Lyra shakes her head, walking away.

Report Post Tip

It truly was Chicago's time to go.

I have always been a fan of Lexie but when simple things like shooting at people who are still under protection don't result in the death of a member then you no longer have what it takes anymore. It was more a reflect on George but sadly that in turn reflects on the whole city. 

Rest In peace Chicago

Report Post Tip

As being in CH when everything went down while he was simply enjoying Cookies and Milk at a near by cafe, he seen his friend FFF cut down in a hail of bullets.  Waiting until the dust had settled he paid his tab and walked out to see who survived and offer them of course... Cookies.

While its sad to see several good people removed, it is notably understandable coming from circumstances.  CH had a nice run, great people and community.  But all good things come to an end and that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Jumping into the car he tells the driver the location and the car quickly speeds off.

Report Post Tip

"Well, may Chicago rest in peace. We all know where we are standing and there is no point in doing anything but bury the dead and move on."

Report Post Tip

Doesn't notice anything being said about his father so decides to keep on moving down the street with his head held high.

Report Post Tip

I've to admit, being a former Chicago member, I wish to see the city rebuilt and repopulated densely. It sucks that things didn't work out, but I hope things will turn up for this city. 

Report Post Tip

I am sorry disagree with you all. We was no threated too you. it seem NY didn't like idea that Chicago was bigger then they was. so they took us out.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Tetley looks at Vixen slightly bewildered.

"Do you really believe that? The decision to remove Chicago was one agreed by the several Godfathers, myself included. If it wasn't for FutureStealer being Lexi's auth I would have shot him and his right hand the day I had to take care of their mess.

And if you believe Chicago were weak and no threat then you are sorely mistaken or very naive.

Report Post Tip

Blood in and Blood out Don't`t make it any easier. Chicago is where the heart is.

Report Post Tip

Listening to Tetley IllFated nodded in agreement before speaking.

I would have to agree with Tetley on this, as I was very frustrated with FutureStealer when he did not take action when I sent him a mail informing him of a member from his crew that shot at one of SiriusBlack's members. He had even been seen on the streets and I did not even get as much as a reply to the mail I had sent. Than when he did finally reply with an apology it seemed as if he had no real concern of what happened.

Report Post Tip

With Ted being able to shoot anyone he wanted, I would say automatically makes us a threat.  Thats my personal opinion.

Some of you will say will if thats the case then a lot of people are threats and yes you're exactly right.. Their will always be endless threats.

So do I believe Chicago was a threat? For sure, we had enough heat to make some noise if we were ever crazy enough to strike first (Not saying we had any plans to though cause we didn't) 

And I'm sure there is more reasoning to our takedown then an incident involving futurestealer's family.  Us being a threat alone is enough reason in this world of ours honestly.  But Do I care to know them? Not really at this point because it doesn't matter.. Chi died and their opposers did not that end of story.  We had a beautiful run escaping death on numerous occasions and I Applaud the leaders of Chi for maneuvering and keeping us alive for as long as they did. And with that being said I also want to applaud every fallen member of Chi for their hard work!  

Time to restart and continue to build our legacies!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Raises his glass. HEAR! HEAR! To Chicago and It's fallen. May you rise again.
Report Post Tip

Katra raises her bottle and pours a bit out.

To the fallen from Chicago.  May they rest in peace and their next of kins prosper.

Report Post Tip

Why we seem to be letting the same lines set up when they rarely seem to fall far from the tree is beyond me. I'm sure I'm not the only one fed up of seeing the same old faces set up, when it's quite apparent from the last 38903232 times their line was authed they lack the qualities to be a leader.

Dickheads.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago Gone.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL