Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 18:16:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Death, Destruction, Mortality & This Thing Started by: VadHandeMedDem on May 05, '15 13:42

Recent events and the discussions that followed have inspired me to come to the Streets and talk to you.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, more just a comment on mortality and, of course, the nature of this thing of ours.

Death is part of life, and never more so than in this thing of ours.  Sure, when one gets a shot at building something, and that something gets taken from you, leaving your bloodline to start over, it hurts.  But if it didn't, would it be as rewarding when it works?

Put simply, we live in a dichotomy in life in general, and in this thing in particular, some things happen that are unfair, unjust, unlucky and occasionally unbelievable.

It is a measure of character that a bloodline reacts with decorum when something terminal occurs to them, they dust themselves down and start again.  Finger-pointing, bad temper, accusations and the like will not speed up the rehabilitative or rebuilding process.

Whilst we're on the subject, someone from the bloodline of a very prominent Godfather-Chairman once built a formidable city, one of great and growing power, until a shocking gun malfunction ended his life prematurely.  Nobody saw it coming.  But that man's blood took a break, came back and prospered.

The truth us, that families and cities are leveled for reasons that vary, but come down to the respective firepower, desire and whims of the more powerful family/city.  

It's my view that we are in an era where, more than ever, someone with a hardworking ethic but not a bloodline record of note can and will get to see his aspirations fruition.

Sour grapes sour, good sportsmanship is sweet.  Relationships change over time, throughout a bloodline's history.  The only constants are that you'll get shot and you won't like it.

A recent speaker here had distant relative that hunted down and shot every single distant relative of mine that he could find.  That's not the case now.  Things change.

And this thing of ours?  It's a beautiful thing.  Just know the rules, written and unwritten, and you'll do fine.

Report Post Tip

Taking a break outside enjoying the lovely air and Cookies... Cookies in every guards hands with milk, and then he hears it... A voice of comforting and rapport.

Impressive just utterly impressive and well said.  I do agree that new blood is finally getting a chance and boy they are doing some wondrous things.  I do agree to that a break helps and helps quite a bit as I have had to take several breaks to just get a grip on everything.

I agree that this era we are in is new and amazing things are on the horizon.

Giving the young man some cookies and milk he walks back to the grassy hill and sprawls out eating more cookies and roasting in the sun.

Report Post Tip

There are moments when I'm ''salty'' about the death of my ancestor, at other times I can't really feel anything about it. Naturally, I will defend my bloodline when being called out [for past events] in the streets. It's good to see that New Blood is getting the chance to prove themselves, a bit more of that would do even more good though, instead of the same old people (and family names) getting shoved into bold.

Report Post Tip

Well, reputation counts for a lot in this thing, and a good city leader will consider every CL an ambassador for him.

And then, of course, the questions arises: is it worth the risk?

Report Post Tip
I think if someone proves themselfs, regardless if they are new blood should be given the chance. I have seen to many new blood do a hell of a job in the family and as a sponsor to only get stuck at that level and never get the opportunity to go bold, then to be cut down in a war in the family and their kin to never return to these shores. It's a sad life when reputation plays such a vital role when becoming bold. But once again this new era we live in, has a sense of change with many new bold suits.
Report Post Tip

I think reputation should definitely play a part in the process of being given a family. What's your standing with other leaders/cities etc. Reputation/connections certainly do much good. However - I must ask this - is this ''era'' really so different from any other? Is this one truly better for youngsters (and what do we define ''new'' as?)  to get bold than the previous era?

Report Post Tip

Well this era is better for new people as a certain group is gone, and as new I mean new blood in bold suit. While their kin may have been around these shores, they may have never achieved to get a bold suit in their run. And there is some drastic differences in this era then the last era.

Report Post Tip

I'd say enough new people were (or would have) given a bold suit in that era too. Drastic differences, for the good or for worse? Some of both I'd say. You still seem vaguely nostalgic about the last era though, you still have tags from the old Staten Island regime up I see.

Report Post Tip
I have tags from a group of people I respected and cared about greatly, it's I guess what most people would represent by wearing an armband. I just to remember them in color and not senseless bloodshed on them. Oh and I know the last era quite well, I just rather not bring up names of people that shit on it and led false accusations. But I say good riddance to that era and several bloodlines in it. While yes thee were many new suits in that era several of them already had ropes around there necks and were there to fill voids.
Report Post Tip
But also I'm not here to argue with you theres no point, that era is gone and will never come back. So good day sir.
Report Post Tip

I'm sure that if there were truly voids to fill, there would have been a plethora of experienced/old bloodlines that could be appointed to the position at will. But yes, I see that you'd rather not be reminded of the previous era.

Report Post Tip

You realize that reputation is what people think of you, right? It doesn't mean it's accurate. It would definitely not be accurate if someone turned their bloodline around but leaders want to hold onto the past rather than see what is in front of their eyes. Sometimes reputation isn't the greatest basis for anything. Someone whose line worked hard may not do that again but they will be given something based on that? Nope. Can't make me think that is a good thing.

Do I agree that they should be trusted? Yes. Do I agree that they should be trusted on what their mothers or fathers did? Nope. The present should be more important than the past. The work someone is doing now should outweigh what their ancestors have done in the past.

No person is always 100% like their ancestors. Their kin will not always be 100% like them. Stop thinking they are.

Report Post Tip

It all depends on who's in charge.

Report Post Tip

Baiscally what I think Katra is saying is;

"Can everyone stop thinking I'm a cunt because my last 3278327932 ancestors were one."

I could be wrong though.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $170,000 Tip

While that is cute and all. It is not the point I was making but I am glad to see someone is still stuck on my past 3278327932 ancestors.

Report Post Tip

Well when you wear your past as a badge of honor and constantly allude to it out here in the streets, it is hard for others not to do the same, but I highly doubt that is what you were doing here and I think this all comes down to Aniki just simply trying the school boy routine where he's mean as a way of flirting.

I think you'd both make a lovely pair, if my opinion means anything. 

Report Post Tip

It's hard for it not to come to my attention when your "Melis" necklace family heirloom is always in plain sight for all to see each time a new bloodline of yours enters this world. Maybe you enjoy having that reputation, hence why you stick that necklace on your neck and allow people to assume you're likely to be as cuntish as your past ancestors were.

Or maybe you just think people care who you are?

Report Post Tip

It looks like I've been rumbled.

Damn you, you talking Shark Horse like animal.

Report Post Tip

While your theories and assumptions are all interesting they would be wrong.

Perhaps I wear it just to let my friends know who I am? Hardly shocking I would think. Saves time for them and myself.

As far as ancestors go, I can imagine you don't know much about them if you lump them all into one thing. Actually I don't even have to imagine I already know.

So while you continue to deviate from the original topic I would prefer we get back to it. It wasn't a conversation on any particular line.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps I wear it just to let my friends know who I am?

Haha, good one Melis, you almost got me there.

I agree, let's get back on topic.

I think both era's have been equally as open to allowing new lines to set up, although this regime seems to allow them to live a little longer, however I think making this into a pissing contest between the last regime and the current one makes for poor conversation to be honest.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Death, Destruction, Mortality & This Thing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL