Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:44:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Al_Capone in The Strip Started by: Reverend_Al_Sharpton on May 20, '15 03:25

It had been a long day. The whores were running wild and the deacons where taking money out the pots, but all the hard work was starting to pay off and in the near future the main goal Rev. set out for would be achieved.

But first he had to annouce Al_Capone's big career move.

Hello people of the community. Rev. Al here, Community Chaplain. I'd like to inform everyone that Al_Capone will be setting up in LV. I'll come out in the morning and make things more formal, but for now congratz to Al_Capone. Do your best brother.

Rev. Al hopes in the limo and head back to the HQ

Report Post Tip

Walking through the streets with his head down and mind in the clouds. Jank snaps into reality at the sound of a voice. Following the sound he stops to listen to the sharply dressed mustachioed man on the soap box. Upon hearing the good news for his west coast brothers in arms, he began to applaud.

Congrats all around to you guys. Congrats Mr. Capone on the promotion. I hope the west treats you kindly! Good luck on the ventures fellas.

Searching with his hands for his smokes, Jank sets off again. Looking for a car that catches his fancy to take a ride in or maybe one of those dirty post offices he kept hearing so much about to knock over.

Report Post Tip

TLWolf heard the news about Al Capone setting up in The Strip. He saw that day coming long ago, but did not think it will be that close. Al-Capone is a good guy, His father told him a lot about him. He decided to get ready for the official Ceremony later tonight.

Report Post Tip
The funeral you mean? Al met his maker earlier for a rule violation. Bless the Godfathers for being so vigilant in enforcing the rules. These truely are grand times.
Report Post Tip

Yes Marcus, Bless them. It is indeed a wonderful time to have people actually hold others accountable for the rules that are in place and not just sit back as usual and go... "Oh fuck it, we'll ignore the rule this time".

The people in power have rules in place, follow the rules and you'll do well. Ignore the rules, you'll surely perish. That surely to fuck is evident by now? How many people are going to let themselves fall down because of the simple fact they didn't follow the rules?

Report Post Tip

Julius wandered along to see what was occuring. He was from Chicago and didn’t get out much unless he was on business for New York, so matters of Las Vegas had little interest to him in the grand scheme of things. Still, he knew Al Capone and had seen him around. He did business the right way and always kept his head. It helped that he possessed a sly wit and could charm the crust off a pizza. It came as no surprise to me then when new filtered through he’d received auth. What surprised me was what transpired after.

I listened with deference to the man who was above me in position and authority, but I still had some thoughts on the matter.

“Sometimes there are rules to protect our business... sometimes there are rules for rules sake.” 

I had lit a cigarette at this point and lit up before exhaling slowly like the classy motherfucker I was

“I mean no disrespect of course. But this wasn’t a too bit chump off the street. He was man who received his bosses approval to run his business. He was the left hand, a right hand of the man he served, but suddenly he’s put in the ground for... not speaking fast enough?”

I shrugged again. 

“I don’t call that very Mafia like, fellas. I call it beaucracy and I aint a fan of that.”

Report Post Tip

I would agree with you, Julius. I think these rules are necessary to uphold standards, but I would much rather see them being there to protect and prevent rather than being used as a justification for a removal. For example, someone didn't follow the rule and got shot because he was perceived as a rogue. Fair enough, right? Somehow it just sounds wrong to me to kill someone because there is a rule which is probably designed to prevent that leader from dying.

Yet, if the current set of Godfathers choose to enforce the rule this way, that's their decision. 

Report Post Tip
This isn't a new policy recently put in place. I believe in recent history two other respected members have met such ends for violating this rule.
Report Post Tip

I would tend to agree.

The rule is clearly to prevent people setting up in an unauthorised manner so as to ensure that leaders like myself know whether we have a rogue member on our hands or not. When we receive a mail from the persons current leader and that leader also speaks in the streets to the masses, then we would obviously be safe in the knowledge this person is not a rogue. However, the rules are what they are, rather than complain after the fact, people should instead look to amend such rules if they believe it is necessary.

It would seem to me that it only becomes necessary for many when they are affected by the outcome of the rules being enforced, as Marcus rightly points out this leader wasn't the first to die due to the enforcement of the rules and as was stated the last time, we can't simply ignore the rule on this occasion as it totally smacks in the face of those that were enforced previously and will indeed be enforced in future should there not be any changes to said rules.

Report Post Tip

I shrugged as the man responded. He had a point, for sure and I had to agree with it in some levels. But the incident left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"If the rule ain't fit for purpose, maybe get rid of it?" 

I kept my eyes to the ground as I did not want to be shot for speaking out of turn, but worst things had happened at sea

"I mean no disrespect of course - but some laws are bullshit.. take this prohibition law the Goverment have imposed on our fair and peaceful society. That's not gonna stick forever, even if it is remarkably good for our business."

I considered my next words as I  finished off the last of my cigarette. It was a cheap one and really now I was a Capo I needed to upgrade, but times were hard and I was cheap.

"This rule doesn't seem good for business, maybe it should go too? Wipe the slate clean, there's guys who are obvious Rogues and there's guys who have worked their way to the top, made their bones and clearly have the blessing of their Godfather before buying that bold suit and an old abandoned warehouse for a HQ."

I shrugged again and regretted not wearing a hat, as it would have been excellent if I could doff my hat in deference to the men who ruled society.

Report Post Tip

Oh, in time the rule will be changed Julius. The current powers that be will die, and a new person or group with differing ideals will rise to the top. Until this happens, I don't believe this ruling will budge one bit. Too many leaders are in favor of it, and those who are to be stepping into a fancy bold suit need to be aware of all rules. Even obscure ones, such as this. I would have figured after the first person died from this mistake, no one else would have repeated it. But alas, the characters of our life style never cease to amaze me.

Report Post Tip

The rule wasn't made to add another layer of bureaucracy, the rule was made after Abraham Lincoln was killed minutes after setting up in Los Angeles as part of the Los Angeles Project. Its made to protect crew leaders from being killed by someone thinking they're rogue. 

Report Post Tip

It was actually made way before that project, and seeing as this is not LA, that has nothing to do with it.

Report Post Tip

Ah, well forgive my ignorance, I thought the rule was made for all cities. Just so we're all on the same ground for the discussion, what rule was broken?

Report Post Tip

The Godfather Commission rules here. Specifically this bit:

New Leaders

The authorisation of a new leader will be notified to the masses by a public speech that will be made before the new leader sets up, carried out by the person that has the authority to authorise their set up. Private or personal messages can still be sent out if wished, but the public speech will be required regardless of any messages so that the masses are aware of it being a legitimate leader setting up. 

So essentially the same as the LA rule, just for the community outside of Los Angeles. So you were still a bit right in that it was made to prevent crew leaders from being killed because they're perceived as a rogue.

Report Post Tip

Rules are rules.  No matter the case we are expected to follow them.  How they are enforced and the extent of the penalties is always up to the main powers and I respect that.  I'm in no place to disagree.

It seems to open the age old debate of enforcing things in a "black and white" sense and a "grey" sense.  

Report Post Tip

All Al had to do was start a public speech with minimalistic structure and fuck off back to his HQ, never to reply to the masses again. Has worked for others in the past, and probably would have worked for him. I suppose it's his fault for not even being able to do this.

Report Post Tip

Grey tends to be what causes issues in our world, Misti. However ironic that may be.

Black and White keeps things on a level playing field and everyone knows where they stand.

Report Post Tip

Although my previous point is valid in certain circumstances, I misheard what was going on in this situation and applied it to this. I retract my statement and will punish myself for such a slip up.

Zed backs away from the speech and goes looking for his punishment hat.

Report Post Tip

The rule quoted above states that the person authorizing the future crew leader needs to make the announcement. I don't see where it says that the new crew leader itself must also start a speech. Does it say that somewhere else?

It seems that all of the recent deaths of crew leaders should be proof enough of it, though.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Al_Capone in The Strip
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL