Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 00:04:04
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Wrong forum? Started by: Noble on May 28, '15 23:54

If war was constant than these streets would be different right now, but considering it is extremely slow in todays era role playing fills the streets and in honesty it is hurting the game.

How is it hurting the game? I find it is the opposite: it is keeping The Streets alive and active.

Discussions happen organically, usually when an event occurs or arises that encourages debate. Purists are not at fault for continuing to express themselves with their writing.

You guys might find rp fun, but others and I believe many others that would rather stay in the shadows like a true mobster hate fake made up role playing that has nothing to do with the game.

Of course, there are players that have no interest in role-play whatsoever. That is understandable. Each and every one of us enjoy a mix of the different aspects of entertainment mafiareturns supplies. The difference is that the majority of players accept and understand that this nature of role playing is still an integral part of the game - yet, you want it pushed aside because it is not to your tastes.

It conflicts with the original design

I am pretty certain that the original design was forums only. Crimes, jail breaking, ranks, etc. were all introduced at a later date.

Report Post Tip

Yeah and the fact that people have moved from killing and playing the game for fun rather became making friends and playing I guess more serious

Report Post Tip

But yeah you guys are right it should be allowed. I think the situation the era the game is in is what dictates the flow of the street. Now I get it, its not the people becuase the will always be there it is what is happening around them that influences the street. Althought RP will always be made by people might as well let them. I understand now, hey thank you guys for having a real discussion with me I honestly appreciate it. 

Report Post Tip

yeah if you are representing your family than going to a street and starting a random story would make you look crazy

Also, I think you are confused about the intended perspective of many of the stories you dislike.

Their character is not literally standing on a street corner detailing a recent bank robbery. It is an event that is happening to their character - placed in The Streets to allow others the opportunity to take part and... y'know... role-play as a mobster together.

The purpose of these stories is for the player to add meat, and flesh out their character; to express their individual personality, mannerisms, history, etc. They look to build and develop their mobster, not only by clicking buttons and ranking. All of the most revered legends of the game utilized role-play to cement their characters in history.

It may not be your idea of fun, but it's the backbone of mafiareturns.

Report Post Tip

Yeah I understand now I thought it different, I thought the actions that actually happen like flying to Los Angeles and then getting prod while someone bought off a 100 mill hit so they couldnt be shot offline  or (asleep) in role playing was the point of the streets. 

Report Post Tip
Wow. You are clueless aren't you.

How can the original design take away from the original design? How does role playing take fun away from the game when it's the purpose of the game and people do it for fun.

You don't like the stories about life events and fun things, we get it. You don't think two prominent members of the community getting engaged is street worthy. You want to shove the role players into a corner with their pointless stories to receive no credit for their hard work and sometimes amazing writing abilities.

You don't want role play stories in a role play forum on a role play game. You want to take the very foundation of this game and say it's worthless and throw it out because you don't like reading the role play stories that you have the choice to read or not to read.

I'm floored. I actually have to walk away from this discussion completely before I end up calling you very mean names.

Go back 588 pages... You obviously don't know our history.

Mindboggling.
Report Post Tip

Hey Tiggy im sorry about earlier if I sounded more harsh, I made a mistake I really thought it was making the game not fun for me. With yall telling me this I realized that isnt the case, people should be doing this in fact of everything going on. Because we do find gold mines from people, I realized that from talking about this. Yall helped me honestly, I understand now more how this game was ran. Your tiggy right? I remember that name from years ago, mafia.org. Hey yall are legends I honestly care about this game I grew up with most of yall. This is why we discuss issues, to see a different point of view and maybe change a view. My view was changed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Wrong forum?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL