Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:24:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Is this what this game is really all about? Started by: Nolan on Jun 06, '15 11:17

https://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=1048754

When my leader was killed, since I was not part of a crew any more, I took out the tag, which I thought was meaningless.

I put this in my profile:

"If I'm going to be let to live, please send me an invitation..."

And then soon after I get shot. Is this what this game is really about? Killing a real player just for the extra kill instead of seeing it as a chance of making your crew stronger?

I'm not sure if this is the kind of game I want to play where a player is worth about the same as a NPC...

Report Post Tip

For some reason I thought I was playing a role playing gangster game... Hm I never thought of it like that before though.

Report Post Tip

The truth is the tag would not of saved you anyway as i see the obits littered with tagged, untagged and even some who joined crews afterward dead.  The sad truth was a case of run as quick as you can to fight for few places but has been the way the game has gone at stages on various occassions.

I do not understand how leaders decide on which wars will be protection ordered and which not as i see a few like britney-spears, cypher and others changed crew so sadly sometimes is just about lucky enough to be on at the right time

Report Post Tip

You can't knock the hustle. Survival. Darwinism and all that sciencey jazz.

The real truth is, maybe you weren't "going to be let live"d, and they had shots on cooldown from people above the esteemed rank of goomba?

Report Post Tip

Why is there a question mark? I do not know.

Report Post Tip

Jankyy, why do you have to be such a sarcastic cunt in the OUT OF CHARACTER FORUM.

I would understand it in the streets, though, but out here, you're just being a jackass.

Report Post Tip

Why do you have to come out and make a post about being shot in a gangster game? Then saying the games not for you because some eGangsters did some gangster shit in said gangster game. That's the shit that bugs me.

Report Post Tip

Are you sure this game is for you, Nolan? Of course you were killed. You were untagged (I don't think there was a protection order anyway?) and thus you were an easy, free kill. Only an idiot wouldn't take advantage of that! This game is all about that too. It's a mafia game, you're not here for someone else, you're here for your own profit, gain and rise to power (most of the time at least)!

You were worth far more as an +1 to the person that shot you than being alive.

Report Post Tip

Fine. At least THAT response was not on a sarcastic high horse tone. Thank you. 

I thought eGangsters also recruited people for their crew, do they not? Then what makes one thing more important than the other? Why shoot and not recruit?

I'm fine with Bronn's response if that seems to be the answer to my original question. At least he wasn't a dick about it.

So a guy says he might not stay at a game and you just decide to be a dick to them? Wow. You should work for MR's PR department. You must reallly love this game.

Report Post Tip
The truth of the situation is this;I getting a plus one means more than almost anything else to the vast majority of this game.
Report Post Tip

I've played it for six years. Haven't cried about being shot yet.

Report Post Tip

"You were worth far more as an +1 to the person that shot you than being alive."

Would you apply that to ANYONE in the game? You have no idea the kind of player I can be (I don't mean that as in "I'm great and you lost the best that has ever happened to you, I mean it literally. You just don't know *IF* you are about to miss out on a good player) so in my opinion, only an idiot would risk losing a potential good player in their crew for a free kill. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of kills around here. Can you at any point say that about players? Don't you want as many players as possible in a game like this?

Report Post Tip

Don't be pedantic, Jankyy. Why do you have to be offensive and try to get a go at ME instead of just debating what I say?

Report Post Tip

We do. But we also like to shoot each other.

Report Post Tip

They do recruit others, but you have to realize this was a war situation. And, while you could've been a valuable member, you were way more valuable as a kill than as a possible member at that moment. They will recruit someone regardless, especially in the current climate, but they won't pass up on a kill. (and room may be too scarce to invite a 3 day old 10 unit goomba, who came from a hostile city)

If you want to continue to play this game, you should learn this and expect it. :)

Report Post Tip

So the people that started the war didn't give a fuck that room would be scarce? I would have thought you would want to be able to recruit all those people you said they would recruit anyway. It seems terribly shortsighted. A kill can NEVER be worth more than a player. That is pathetic and I appreciate you helping me make my decision before I waste hours on a game that only cares about stats and not about people.

Report Post Tip

Don't be pedantic, Jankyy. Why do you have to be offensive and try to get a go at ME instead of just debating what I say?

Big words aside. Because you're playing a GANGSTER rp game. You got shot and asked the question "Is this what the game's all about?" The last time I checked gangsters shoot and get shot at. In the words of a man with weird braids and sick beats, "Kill or be killed, the rules that we go by."

Report Post Tip

The fact of the matter is dureing a takedown or war any player can be seen as a threat.

You more or likely would have been killed by somebody that is building a gun or a newer player like yourself.

Report Post Tip

That's not the real answer to my question now is it? That's the answer to my ORIGINAL question. That's not why you are pedantic (really? This is the "big word" you refer to? Damn! You must be AWESOME at role playing if that word surpasses your vocabulary).

Report Post Tip

sigh

Yes, a kill can be worth more than a player. Very much so, especially when it's almost guaranteed that more people will come up that you can recruit anyway! And it looked like the victors wanted to completely wipe Detroit of the map, which is their choice. They aren't obliged to take you all in, and it's normal that you get killed in a war.

Why would they want to recruit you so damn much that they would pass up on an easy kill?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Is this what this game is really all about?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL