Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 17:10:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
First Street Speech (sorry if I'm a bit nervous) Started by: Mishka on Jul 27, '15 00:00

Timo was standing at the corner waiting for the speech Mishka was about to give.

Only to be dissappointed by Mishka... and wondering why he brought the crowd togheter when he is still to nervous to speak to them.

Report Post Tip
Timo the reason I came out to speak with everyone was because I had seen many people talking about what they perceived as negatives regarding the current state of This Thing of Ours, the powers that be, et cetera and I just view things differently and see a lot of potential and wanted to share my thoughts and see if I could get people to see things in a different light.
Report Post Tip
You came out to speak on these matters, and then you didn't? I really see things in a different light now.
Report Post Tip

Yeah but the original reason I brought everyone out was to share my perspective on things, Sovereign.  But I will eventually I promise I just need a little time bear with me please.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Sovereign gets out his pocket watch, which is ticking merrily. 

Oh fine, I'll wait.

Report Post Tip

Visas had only seen the light once that had been in Duplicity's bedchamber's ( Though that is for another time this story is about Mishka's view of the state this thing of ours is in ) Visas stood close to Mishka to help him with moral support.

Its ok Mishka take a deep breath we know you can do it.

Report Post Tip
I remain sceptical as to whether this is your first actual forray into these streets or simply a plea for attention.

Not sure how many people give a speech about being too afraid to give a speech as their first speech.
Report Post Tip
Well scientists have even said that statistically people are often more afraid of public speaking than heights or even dying. Now as a mobster, I am not afraid to die (this is the life we have chosen) but regardless this is not a speech about being nervous babo it's a speech about my take on current affairs in the mafia that people have been discussing recently, or at least I am hoping the speech will become that in time.
Report Post Tip

Do it now or don't, you're only embarrassing yourself with this plea for attention, as babo put it. 

Report Post Tip
Well it certainly isn't going to be now Sovereign with all this added pressure on top of everything else so have it your way sir I won't then. Apologies for wasting everyone's time this was a bad idea sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is there's a lot of potential that outweighs the negative but never mind sorry guys.
Report Post Tip
This is "pressure" you created for yourself with this attention stunt.

Acts like this might dissuade actual new people from entering the streets because of your attempted tom foolery.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The only way "acts like this" may dissuade people from entering the streets is if they've overheard some of the comments yourself and others have said. A guy comes out into the streets for the first time and instead of giving some support, people feel the need to criticise what is said and attempt to put him down publicly.

Rusty shakes his head.

Mishka has shown a lot of class by keeping it polite and respectful despite the approach others have taken toward him. I'm a little confused why those who felt this was actually a cry for attention continued to give him attention, surely it's best to just ignore?

Rusty shrugs.

Report Post Tip

This might have been his first ''speech'', Rusty, but he had enough street smarts to comment on WhereWasI's bloodline and their street-speaking abilities. Not exactly a virgin to the streets, eh?

Report Post Tip

This was his first time coming out to make an attempt at starting his own discussion. However, understandably he got a little nervous, I can't recall my first time out here but I'm sure I would have felt the same.

Report Post Tip

You can continue to make excuses for the guy, but fact is that he didn't actually start a discussion. Instead he got nervous and kept talking about how he was going to make a speech eventually. Damn right I'm going to chastise his ass.

Report Post Tip

Hence why new timers will feel a little reluctant to come out if they are a little nervous, especially when people feel the need to take that approach.

Report Post Tip

It is simply stupid.

Report Post Tip

How can you talk about his ass? When Dat Ass of mine is here basking in full glory.

Visas runs her hands over Dat Ass

Report Post Tip

Sovereign notices his grievous mistake and tries to touch Dat Ass but faints from excitement.

Report Post Tip

I have heard tons and tons of these stories of many mighty men coward down from the power of DAT Ass. Must be a real powerful tool to have Visas.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: First Street Speech (sorry if I'm a bit nervous)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL