Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 19:14:30
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Jokes & Riddles Fun Competiton - 3 M USD Total Prizes Started by: MasterMind on Jul 28, '15 19:05

On her way to Headquarters, Rose came across a paper tacked to a light pole.  Glancing around she noticed most if not all the street lamp poles had a paper tacked to them.  With curiosity Rose moved closer to read the advertisement.   Interested in this event, she rushed to Headquarters to write out a poem.  She already had a joke in mind as well, but focused her attention on a poem that was inspired from her day to day life.

After she finished writing the poem, Rose left the Headquarters in search of the gentleman who has organized this event.  After an hour or so, she finally located him.  Somewhat nervously she approached the gentleman, and announced quietly she was here about the competition.

"Good evening MasterMind.  I was here about the competition.  I have a joke and a poem."

Before she began the joke, Rose noticed a family member here as well, and called her over to listen before she left.

"Hey Butterfingers!  Come over here.  I was just about to tell my joke."

Rose cleared her throat nervously as she waited for Butterfingers to join them.  Rose smiled then began softly.

"Have you heard about the chameleon who couldn't change colors?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

"Why hello Rose-Raje. Glad to see you found one of the hundreds of posters Mastermind had spread around the town." Butterfingers says quietly giggling to herself.

"Let's see, I am positive I have never heard this before, so I have to ask, what do you call a chameleon that can't change colors?"

Report Post Tip

Rose held back her chuckle as she waited for their replies.  She had heard this joke the other day, and couldn't resist sharing it.  As Rose heard the laughter from Butterfingers, she couldn't wait any longer.

"He had a reptile dysfunction."

Report Post Tip

Rose-Raje stands there telling the punchline to her joke and Butterfingers can't help but burst into laughter.

"That is the funniest thing I have heard in days."

Laughing and yet trying to be serious, Butterfingers asks Rose what the poem was she mentioned she had with the joke.

Still laughing, Butterfingers awaits.....

Report Post Tip

Rose settled her laughter down a bit after a minute.  She slid a hand into the pocket of her Chanel suit, and pulled out the paper with her poem. With nervous hands, Rose opened the paper, and glanced over the poem once more.  It might be corny to some, but she had an amusing time writing it, and that is what counts.  Turning her attention back to Butterfingers and MasterMind, she began to read the poem aloud.

"Rare pieces of art on display for all to see,
Sculptures, paintings, art books for them await,
No cash needed with this shopping spree,
Gangsters in and out with the selected freight.

After hours banking and loans,
At high interest rates lending money,
Collecting cash or breaking bones,
Can't pay, then don't borrow it honey.

Throughout the city Mafiosi setting up shops,
Fees and protection paid to well known names,
Rival owners paying off corrupted cops,
Businesses torched, going up in flames.

Pulled off with efficiency, organization and skill,
After a sweet success, into darkness they fade,
The gang gathered celebrating their latest thrill,
The most grand crime of all, The Depot Raid."

As she finished the poem, Rose folded the paper back up then slid her poem back into her suit pocket.  Clearing her throat again, she thinks now is a good time to find something to drink.

Report Post Tip

Butterfingers listens to Rose-Raje as she recites her poem and all she can think of is how true the words are. The days filled with running around doing  Organised Crimes spoken ever so true in some great poetry.

Butterfingers awaits to see Mastermind's reaction.

Report Post Tip

Batgirl ran in out of breath, "Sorry I'm late! I've been brainstorming all week and finally found the funniest joke I can think of!" She smiled and looked over at Mastermind. She giggled as she started her joke, "What did the Mexican gangster say when his homework blew out the window?" She waited a quick moment to see if anyone was going to ruin her punchline, but when no one did she exclaimed, "Come back esé!" As everyone erupted in laughter she tooks a bow and retreated to the bar to get a glass of whiskey to calm her nerves from speaking in public.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

DeadShot turns upto the competition and while he is stood round with everyone else, he starts thinking to himself a few jokes he knows, he tells them in his head and starts to giggling to himself under his breathe. After deciding what is his best joke, DeadShot takes a step forward and takes a deep breathe. 

"I hope you all enjoy this one."

Taking another breathe and one last redo over in his head DeadShot starts.

"My friend Gav died from heartburn this morning." 

While the crowd waiting DeadShot puts his hands in his head then lifts it from his hands,

"I can't believe Gaviscon!!!"

DeadShot smiles and takes step back.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

MasterMind feels happy to see this much of people joining his party, it was interesting one week and he had a nice time, so he goes on to the stage and takes the microphone and speaks to the crowd:

Thank You Everyone for Coming,

Your Participation Is Highly Appreciated

We are now reviewing every thing,

Please allow us one more day to announce winners

Report Post Tip

MasterMind Takes The Mic on The Stage and Speaks to The Crowd:

Thanks Everyone For Being Here,

I know I'm Late so I will cut it Short.

Winners Have been Announced.

Rose-Raje In The 1st Place : 1,000,000 Congrats

ButterFingers in The 2nd Place: 750,000 Congrats

BatGirl in 3rd Place: 500,000 Congrats

DeadShot, MafiaTrivia & Chuckles in 4th, 5th, 6th Places, Each takes 250,000 Congrats.

Thanks Again For Joining The Party.

Looking Forward to Meeting you Again

Report Post Tip

*approach the mic nervously*

*Cough Cough*

" I'll tell you what I love doing more than anything - trying to pack myself in a small suitcase. I can hardly contain myself."

" I sent my girlfriend a huge pile of snow. I rang her up and said: "Did you get my drift?"

"Went to the zoo. There was only one dog in it. It was a Shitzu"

*Gets ready for the grand finally*

"Doc, I can't stop singing The Green, Green Grass Of Home." He said: "That sounds like Tom Jones syndome." "Is it common?" I asked. "It's not unusual," he replied.

*Places mic back on the stand and takes he seat in the audience*

Report Post Tip

Congratulations everyone! Thank you MasterMind for the fun and opportunity.

Report Post Tip

I did not read it properly with the closing date :(

Report Post Tip

MasterMind smiles to Rose-Raje and shouts out loudly, You welcome anytime, Pleasure Is all Mine. I'm Glad we all had fun.

Report Post Tip

Chucky walks in with his hair tousled, dark sunglasses on and a cigarette hanging lazily out of his mouth, he now has 3 beautiful girls hanging off of him.

"Whoa, didn't expect this.  Mastermind, thanks for your contributions to this life of ours..."

Chucky looks up and down the women and then pats Mastermind on the back and sits down for another shot...

Report Post Tip

MasterMind smiles at ChuckyKnuckles and says: You welcome anytime Brother, It is my pleasure to have you with us in the Party. Your Contributions is always appreciated. I hope you had much fun as much as I did. I hope you will be joining our future parties, I'm Planning something big this days, should launch it soon.

Report Post Tip

Looks at the ground and sighs. "Perhaps next year," TLM says as he slumps off back towards Detroit.
He stops and offers a hand to MasterMind. 

"Great work with this challenge, I think it really gets the community going. Oh, and the answer to my riddle?" TLM chuckles, "You shoot at the ground."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I really enjoyed joining in, thank you for bringing this to our streets MasterMind and thank you for my prize and I look forward to more in the future. 

DeadShot Nods and smiles at MasterMind.

Report Post Tip

What's brown and sits on a piano bench?

Beethoven's Last Movement.

Report Post Tip

I can't help but feel that this competition was...... slightly rigged.
But then again, this is the Mafia and there are always alternative motives to things.....  so brilliant scheme!

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Jokes & Riddles Fun Competiton - 3 M USD Total Prizes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL