Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 19:46:30
Help
1 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Street Posting Standards (How NOT To Spam) Started by: Anubis on Sep 05, '09 16:01

Or they could just mail their praise using the wonderful postal system we already have thus negating the need to clutter our one forum where role play is expected with such OUT OF CHARACTER notifications just to identify "OOC" and "IC" content. If you are writing a story or role play for the praise post it in OOC for the masses who barely read their log-in information to skim and say "NICE JOB" just to get their post count up.

This is the role play forum of Mafia Returns. How many people would interrupt a bank robbery or jewelry heist to pat someone on the shoulder and say "Great job! Keep up the good work!"

Mmmkthnxmmmmhmmmmyeahno

Report Post Tip

Awesome. I love games with roleplaying. Anyone has a private RP to save myself from the embarassment of my weak RP skills?

Report Post Tip

I have a tip.. Put some effort into your role playing. Not just a few lines of text. Real effort... And don't refer to threads and posts. Discussions, speeches, etc are the way to go.

Report Post Tip

well yeah I do put effort. smoe threads which I find interesting, much more than few lines:) thanks for your tip btw:)

Report Post Tip

Most people still are not following this as they are freaking putting down billions in threads which have some kind of auctions.  I mean its deepression times, how is it possible thta everyone has a billion bucks in the bank.  Just absurd.

Report Post Tip

not necessarily, it's just prohibition times. Not necessarily depression times.

Report Post Tip

And... it was only depression for the law abiding... we are NOT law abiding. Prohibition was a prosperous period for criminals. When something is outlawed, it is the dirty, underhanded people that come out smelling of roses.

Report Post Tip

I've read and I understand this..

Report Post Tip

Actually. Prohibition ended 3 years into the Great Depression.

Prohibition was mostly in the roaring 20s, where everyone was prosperous.

Report Post Tip

Yeah Jonny is right. This is a 1930's mafia game, as clearly stated on the home page. The Depression started in 1929 and did not thoroughly end until 1942 when the US entered World War II. Prohibition lasted from 1920 until 1933. Therefore, we are playing during the depression period, unless your thread is taking place in the early 30's in which case then you could say you were in the prohintion era.

Report Post Tip

To quote the 'posting guidelines' from the 'Help' tab.

"IN CHARACTER (IC): In Character speech is dialogue written from your player account's point of view. Remember that your player is living in the golden age of the mafia, from the years of the late 1920's to the early 1940's, and this game is primarily based on the mid 1930's. Stay in the general timeframe, however and you'll be alright."

Now honestly, I'd assume that this game takes place in about 1930, in the few months of recession before the great economic collapses since there are still banks to rob, purses to snatch, and money to earn.

Most of the deppression was caused because investors were buying stocks 'on margin' where they only paid 10% of the stock price and investment firms paid the rest. And the firms were borrowing from the banks, and as the economy worsened people wanted to withdraw their money from the banks. But because of the collapse, the firms couldn't pay back the banks, which meant that the banks had no money to give to the people with accounts, which caused them to close and reclaim property from mortages and such, leaving tons of people poor and homeless.

Report Post Tip

I always thought the horse and buggy were of that era to.  Would be kinda nice if we really could time travel. Everything would be at much slower speed and mabe everyone would be a little  more relaxed.

Report Post Tip

*Hops out of his model T with a big cigar hanging out of his mouth* It took me a whole week to think of what I wanted to start posting about in the streets and I am stll not certain...but this post certainly helped me get a understanding of what is acceptable and and what isn't....Thank you very much to everyone who contributed in this topic and for the replies. I now feel a little more comfortable posting in these streets. *Tips his cap* back to killing MIAs/RIAs.

---firstTOlast

Report Post Tip
Sounds like this could be some work but could be totally worth it
Report Post Tip

I don't understand what thay mean ((

Report Post Tip

i'm new in mafiareturns, would you mind to tell me who is the first, this game or mafiawars on facebook ?

Report Post Tip
This info is extremely rich and allows the player to gather necessary understandings of the times. This allows and assists in breeding a better role playing atmosphere.
Report Post Tip

If only more were directed to such posts to improve the overall role-playing atmosphere. I return to this post many times, and find it continually gives me inspiration in my writing.

Report Post Tip

Hm, quite interesting.

Report Post Tip

Jabba

I suggest you find yourself a mentor who has been around the streets for a decent period of time who can help you understand all these guidelines, along with the unwritten rules of the world we live in.

Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL