Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 18:54:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Demise of KennyPowers Started by: Santos on Sep 22, '15 13:29
Quite honestly if you were to say on social media that "I hate my job I'm going to get Jim fired". That's outside of work but yet you can be held accountable.

You said something whether serious or not that could be considered a threat...so it was dealt with. Take some accountability for your actions and words.
Report Post Tip

why even speak to people you dont trust out of the game? seems like your asking for trouble TBH. the FB Group is just a place for people to screw around and shoot the shit (not literally unless you say your gonna shoot shit)

think of it like speaking in DL the same rules almost apply perfectly

and even more so the "character" kenny cannot speak for himself that requires the "player" to do so and more weight is said what on players say than characters as players stick around longer than characters

you cannot simply say "death to ming" OOC and expect ming to just let it slide now can you?

Report Post Tip

Death to ming.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Just what we need. Game rules that make us have to pause and reflect on whether we have an acceptable reason to shoot someone. Here's an idea, how about implementing an extra step on the Wack! screen? We already have the "Safety" mechanism (another attempt at making the game idiot-proof). Maybe the next step before pulling the trigger should be "Submit your reason for shooting and wait for Admin approval".

Santos, you've been around a long time. Surely you remember the days of takedowns just for shits and giggles? If you can take down a crew for no reason at all, then why should ANY reason be questioned?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This game is already FAR FAR FAR too Defense Heavy, any admin involvement to further take away reasons to kill someone would be asinine at best. 

I would love to side with you here, but it's not like you were Admin Wacked over making a street sweeper and monitor cry by pointing out you have to watch what you say because she is too sensitive, while people are getting buddy buddy at the Meet Up.  Oh wait that did happen to someone ... 

The lines of reality in this place were blurred oh lets say DAY 1...  

Nothing more needs to be done, then a lesson be learned.

Report Post Tip

^^ lol'd

hey aztec. I guess we're going to turn on each other again :O

you're suppose to shoot me this time though! :D

Report Post Tip

Santos, you're a grown up man, and according to yourself you're an old school player, something that you've used in your arguments as a seal of quality.

You should know the reasons to why Kenny was killed for, and contrary to your cries of martyrdom, it was NOT solely because of a failbook rant, that was just the tip of the iceberg.
Do you remember a secret anti Ch/Ny WhatsApp group with over a half a dozen of people?

Perhaps Kenny suffered from an acute case of memory loss so allow me to jug your memory;  

http://postimg.org/image/62tm95ibj/
http://postimg.org/image/ui1ua7h8f/
http://postimg.org/image/6pnxkxptr/

Be careful of the company you keep because loose lips sink ships.

Report Post Tip

Shots fired.

That is all.

Report Post Tip
Never understood why people take this so seriously. I've been around for years, but never felt the urge to make anything personal.
Report Post Tip

Just to confirm, my statement was meant as a joke in reference to the popular twitter hashtag = #ShotsFired. Which basically is a way of saying that someone threw down the gauntlet on a certain situation, and in no way pertains to actual shots being fired. Again, a joke. :)

Report Post Tip
We've learned two lessons from this thread.

1. Don't involve your personal opinions on any form of social media in regards to the game.
Of which is rather chicken shit in my opinion.

2. Death to Ming!
URL: DeathToMing

It is now a thing.
Report Post Tip

Can anyone point out to me any type of game rules regarding this situation?  I always thought using outside information to influence in-game decisions was taboo.  I guess I was wrong.

Report Post Tip
If that were true then people wouldn't die for what they say on IRC in non-crew/MR run channels. :)
You go Iris
Report Post Tip

I mean like KevinOwens pointed out but let me put it like this

If X and Y have a conversation about killing Z on any for of social media out of game whether it's some messenger facebook skype whatsapp etc and this gets leaked you are most likely going to get killed.

As Iris has also pointed out IRC is technically an out of game thing and characters aren't really linked there.

But if we weren't allowed to us any outside info to link to the game all wars would be planned outside because if anything was leaked then we would just have to sit back.

I mean it's pretty simple logic when you use your damn brain , if you say you're going to wipe someone via game or any other form of communication just do it or expect it to get leaked out and expect a swift quick death.

Report Post Tip

It's definitely a strange area of grey to transverse through. The truth being that what is acquired (information wise) outside of game, outside of the streets has always and will always be used to justify reasons for War, Wipe, or Wacks(The three W's), and nothing will ever change that. I understand the anger and aggression towards people using OOC knowledge for IC actions, however as an avid Roleplayer (14 years of it), I will say that this doesn't really apply to this situation. The rule of OOC =/= IC, is broken down to basically Metagaming. Having Knowledge of your OOC persons, but not having it on your IC character yet saying you do. This wasn't really that... This was a situation where someone spotted someone discussing a wipe of a city on a social media platform and reported it to their city leader, and that city leader reacting as they did. That is how this game is played. This doesn't involve Roleplay at all, since I doubt that the person who came to the leader wrote them a long Roleplay message regarding what they heard on a social media platform that technically isn't in existence back in the 1930's...

Overall this isn't a case that can be described as OC =/= IC, because the original information in question wasn't IC. I'd say if you are to be mad at anyone, you can't be mad at the system, but hypothetically, you can be mad at the people you considered friends and allies who betrayed your trust. That's on you though man.

All in all, it's a situation that came and went just as it probably should have. Just like any other city leader would've reacted, and how you, if you were in Power, would've reacted. I'd say it's a 'Can't hate the player, hate the game' phrase, but even that is a bit far-fetched. It was a mistake to post information openly, and unfortunately you paid the price for it. That's all.

Thank you Iris and Laughing Man for your comments,  I do understand things a lot better now.

Report Post Tip

I fully agree with Taylor on her take of this killing.  I also find Aztecs thoughts of great interest. If I was a Consigliere, inquiring minds would want to know the "date" of that convo. But hey what doesa lowly goomba know?

Report Post Tip

A crew leader coming out and giving a brief explanation for their actions is not a requirement, it's a courtesy.

Questioning their judgement, in my opinion, is way out of line.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Demise of KennyPowers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL