Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 00:27:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Choose life Started by: Deimne on Feb 09, '10 07:20

Deimne returns back to the Monkey Cage, thinking about the day that had just passed. Losing his good friend Will is something he will never forget, but he knew that he had to try and move on from it quickly. What could help, ohhhh, a good old fashioned rant. His mind raced as he started clawing for the words.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big bag of coke. Choose fast dames, cars, and brand new tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance.

Distracted for a moment, he notices a trainspotter walk through the centre of the crowd.

We are all free to choose. It is what makes us all different and what makes life an interesting tappestry of differing points of view. If we all agreed on every topic, it would soon turn into a very dull existance for us all.

So we all agree choice is good? Good. Glad to see you keeping up so far.

Now. The catch! There's always a damn catch! When you choose, it has consequences. The choices you make can, will and do have impacts on your life... or your death.

In this thing of ours, the most important choice anyone will ever make is which family they join and which city they join. This single choice will impact upon every faceat of that life, or death, as you LITERALLY put your life in their hands.

A leader is held responsible for the actions of their associates and family. It's a simple concept. However, some of these associates and family seem to feel that they should be immune should that leader screw up... really? You pledge your loyalty to them, you provide them with the funds needed to develop, you give them the support they need to survive, you have chosen to join them, chosen to help them, chosen to be part of their family and city... yet what they do isn't related to you? Again, really?

Following Godfather Quirinus' idiotic (I'd love to use a less insulting or more appropriate term here, but sadly it's the only one that fits) murder of Don WillHayes, may he rest in peace, there was only one possible reaction. This wasn't some careless associate, a button man that made the wrong call or even a crew leader that crossed a line. This was the leader of a city choosing to make a vicious attack on one of mine!

So... this 'leader' (I'll use the term loosly here) makes a decision that baffled not only myself, not only New York, but all of his own city too. Do I believe for a second that many or any of his city were aware of the move? No. Do I believe if they had known about it that they would have supported it? No. Does that make them innocent? HELL NO!

When you choose to work for someone, when you choose to provide them with financial aid, when you choose to work closely with them day in and day out... then you better fucking choose well! You are backing each and every decision they make with your life! If they make the wrong call, you will pay.

"I didn't know about it!", "I think it was a bad idea, so don't kill me mkayy" or any other nonsense excuse is just that, an excuse. You have chosen to put your faith and your trust in the wrong person, you'll suffer the consequences of it. It's simply one of two things. Either you are loyal to this person you have chosen to put your faith in... in which case you're a threat to me and you die. Or, which appeared to be all too common in the recent events, you're not the least bit loyal to this person you choose to be loyal too, in which case I want to kill you one hundred times over for being a disgrace to cosa nostra.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose the right family! One that won't get you killed for nothing more than moronic attacks. One that when you pledge your loyalty to them, you can actually be loyal to them. One where you can respect the decisions made. Remember, you're putting your life in their hands, make sure it's the right hands. If not, you'll pay the ultimate price for it. Excuses or not.

Report Post Tip

I was walking around the back streets of St Louis earlier today, and overheard the following:

"Our only response was to
keep on going and fuck everything. Pile misery upon misery, heap it up
on a spoon and dissolve it with a drop of bile, then squirt it into a
stinking purulent vein and do it all over again. Keep on going: getting
up, going out, robbing, stealing, fucking people over, propelling
ourselves with longing towards the day it would all go wrong."

"Because
no matter how much you stash or how much you steal, you never have
enough. No matter how often you go out and rob and fuck people over you
always need to get up and do it all again."

"Sooner or later, this sort of thing was bound to happen."

Report Post Tip

Surprised Quirinus lasted so long at all really.

~Moooooooooooooorip~

Report Post Tip

Hear, hear!

The only issue being that when you are in that situation, it does seem unfair that your leader signed your death certificate when you've shown nothing but loyalty. You can attempt to jump ship, probably fail and be a disgrace to our way of life, or you can die for something you had no idea about and might not have supported. Either way, you will feel it's unfair. Death is the usual end result for your leader's fuck up. Choosing to put your trust in your leader is no small feat. You have to be convinced that joining that individual is the right move, the best choice that you can make. "I like that guy" isn't a reason to join their family. Perhaps you have to be selfish to find the place that will help you the most so you can pledge loyalty to that leader and place your trust in them, if that makes sense. Be selfish, think "Who would be the best person to join for me, who has the sense, the political ability, the leadership skills etc etc. to be the person that will keep me alive the longest and allow me to progress the furthest. Once you've established that, you join that family and you decide from there to place your life in that leader's hands.

Relating to Quirinus (RIP), I cannot understand the logic behind his actions and his decision to shoot Don Hayes (GRHS) was nothing more than a particularly foolish decision in my eyes. Still, perhaps on a whim it seemed sensible and only in hindsight after taking the shot did he realise how particularly poor a decision it was.

Report Post Tip

Still, perhaps on a whim it seemed sensible and only in hindsight after taking the shot did he realise how particularly poor a decision it was.

Even if on a whim he, at any point, thought this was a good idea he was not right in the head. Needless to say, this is all clear to us now....he was a nut job. Someone with absolutely no concept of what foresight is would have known that this plan he'd hatched was ridiculous. Unfortunately for them, though I can't say I'm bothered, he managed to take down a whole city with him in St Louis.

More importantly and unfortunately, he managed to take down an exemplary NY leader that doubtless knows more about what it takes to run a successful cosa nostra outfit that this short-lived Godfather. I use the term loosely. He had the title, but clearly little else required for the role.

As for his members, tough really. They made their bed and should lie in it.

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat listens carefully to the Godfather of NY's speach and after respectfully waiting for his turn... he decides to speak himself...

If i may... as Capo i always feel i am not ready to respond to one of your speach's, but i have to express my thoughts here.

Godfather Deimne... my opinion is this... awesome! Again you have shown NY no one will take out a Boss of New York without a fight. And you fought back with flying colors. I am so proud to be part of NY and it is days like this that i say to myself... "you've made a hell of a right choice!" Long lives NY and Godfather Deimne! My dear Godfather... this is not the first time you have been tested. And it surely is'nt your first war! And at the end... who survived? You and your city! You have manage to preserve what all New Yorkers have been working so hard these past years. I cant believe the things i hear in the streets... but yet, i surely understand the reasons for it. Your awesomeness has gotten to certain people, but as we say. We cannot please everyone!

HAIL GODFATHER DEIMNE... HAIL...

Report Post Tip

Blagger thinks to himself that all of this is pretty self evidenty, after all if you are GF of a city you don't sit back and scratch your testicals whilst someone shoots at one of the most powerful men in your city. This is mearly a case of one bad apple poisoning the whole barrel, and when that happens, you dispose of the whole barrel before the Health department come in and close you down. Lighting a Lucky strike Blagger wonders off to see if there is something less obvious going on.

Report Post Tip

I don't think we'll ever quite understand what was going through the mind of the late Godfather Quirinus, but when push came to shove, New York once again proved they don't stand for attacks against the fine city and once again we owe to you, Godfather Deimne.

Report Post Tip

What a terrible set of circumstances that led to this, and being as there are few answers being drawn about "why" we can only speculate why Don Hayes was taken out.  I would guess that it may have been envy or jealousy that led to the chain of events that got put into motion.  Neither trait is something one can survive with in this world. 

Report Post Tip

This is bs.

Report Post Tip

I am proud to be a New York member.

Report Post Tip

This is bs.
Reply by: King_Cav_II at Feb 10, '10 01:14

Yes Cav. Expecting people to accept the consequences of their choices, expecting them to realise that the loyalty they pledge to a leader can (and commonly will) mean they are held accountable for their leaders actions, expecting people who promise and pledge loyalty to either be willing to die for that loyalty... or else making sure they die for their lack of loyalty.... all total bs. Ohhh, hold on, no it's not. That's exactly what did happen. So not bs at all.

I'm so glad you shared your thoughts on this matter, they were extremely beneficial, well thought out and extremely well presented with supporting facts.

Report Post Tip

Sweet a smartass, if I wanted to present facts and type up a whole paragraph I wouldve but instead I kept it short. :)

My basic point was, we were screwed over in St.Louis by our GF. Yes I believe in loyalty but some people can take advantage of that. Im sitting on what I said and there it is, short and simple.

Report Post Tip

The whole point here is that you choose who you give your loyalty to. If you choose wrong, you pay a huge price for a person (or people) that don't/didn't deserve it. I would have assumed this went without saying, but apparently it had to be said... so it was said.

It's up to you who gets your loyalty, so if you choose someone who chooses to let you down... it's your fault for giving the loyalty to the wrong person. So how is any of this 'bullshit'?

Report Post Tip

Yes you were screwed over by your Godfather in STL.

Is it fair to the innocent people who payed their respects and abided by his rules of the city?? Nope...Not really..

Was Deimne, DLS, and the rest of the NYC big boys/girls right in taking down all of Q's known affiliates? Damn straight they were..

Shit happens.. Get over it...

I'm sure Q didn't expect the rest of STL to fall because of his actions...but they did, and rightfully so. No offence, but next time put your trust in someone else a little more responsible..

Report Post Tip

Cav, would it not have been bullshit for a Godfather to be removed for attacking another city, but all his happy-go-lucky, innocent, fluffy little bunnies left untouched?

Unlikely, thankfully. The sensible option is to remove any and all threats from the agressors. Anything else would be bullshit. As you say, the St Louis members were shafted by their Godfather, but it's tough luck really. Whether we like it or not, he was in the position where he had (somehow) earned the privilege of having this choice. He chose to shaft his members over and they were duly shafted.

Report Post Tip

I'm sure Q didn't expect the rest of STL to fall because of his actions...but they did, and rightfully so. No offence, but next time put your trust in someone else a little more responsible..

Thats the problem, who do you trust these days? If you want my honest opinion, nobody. Shit happens and it will come to pass. Uhwell life goes on. I suppose my main dissapointment is aimed at the ex-GF himself.

Report Post Tip

Ever heard the old saying "Two men can keep a secret, as long as one of them is dead"?  Implying no...you cant really trust anyone.

Shit does happen.. many people are untrustworthy... You need to expect the unexpected nowadays... any family you decide to become a part of and support, could make a mistake at any given time, causing an entire family or even an entire city to fall...

Like you said, shit happens and thats a chance you gotta take... some chances are slightly more educated than others however..

Report Post Tip

I think one thing people need to do is put a little more research into who they decide to work for. This way you can get a feel for how they carry themselves in public and determine if that is the person you want to pledge your life to.

Deimne was one hundred percent in the right for handling the situation as he did. A Godfather of another city shoots and kills an underboss or captain from another city, absolutely there should be a reaction to that. Had there been no reaction, I would worry.

Cav, you present the question 'who do you trust these days?'. The answer should be your leader and your Godfather. When you choose to work in a certain city, you are putting your life in the hands of anything that should happen to that city.

Godfather Deimne summed it up perfectly in his closing statemens.

Report Post Tip

Deimne Wrote:
Or, which appeared to be all too common in the recent events, you're not
the least bit loyal to this person you choose to be loyal too, in which
case I want to kill you one hundred times over for being a disgrace to
cosa nostra.

I suppose this applies to anyone who doesn't bail on their city and go to New York, right?  I mean, if you truly mean that, then -Future- wouldn't be happily serving in your city...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Choose life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL