Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 23:11:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
The Reckoning of SpikeS Started by: DoctorBoom on May 23, '16 03:03

Sbd, I realize you now rest, but I feel as if I should say something in response to your claim of showing the people that "it's only getting worse."

Those of us "at the top" as you say, carry ourselves with dignity and honor. We are not perfect, by any means. We are human, just like those before us, just like all will be after us, just like you and I are at this very moment. We all have our flaws, we all make our mistakes. 

But if you had a chance to change the things you didn't agree with, to re-shape the face of our world in a better light, would you do it? Could you scrounge up the cojones to do what is right, instead of what is easy? 

DoctorBoom was not happy with the way things were being done at the top. He felt his city was threatened and that he needed to make a stand. As I previously stated, he cemented the loyalty of a fair portion of strong men and women by giving them their true freedom. Freedom from being watched, monitored, and eventually "purged" when they gained too much strength. Freedom from having to renounce their heritage, just to have a fair chance at making it in this life.

We have a chance here in these next few weeks to make this world something special again. To put more emphasis on the person in front of us as opposed to their ancestor from three generations ago who our ancestor didn't like much. We may not be popular, or loved; but that is not our goal. We desire only to make this world a better place for all who grace these fine streets. It is a tall order, but it is something we will tackle together, as a united front.

Now, all that sappy motivational speaker type stuff aside, I will not deny we have done our fair share of lying, sneaking, and manipulating to get here. This is the mafia. Quite frankly there is no other way to get to the top. If you were looking for sunshine and daisies and everyone to hold hands while singing, you should have joined the local daycare, not the mafia. But doing such things in the name of making the world a better place, or for the safety of your family and city, wash those sins clean in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Reckoning of SpikeS
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL