Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 04:04:48
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Rebel's Retreat Started by: HuskyRadhe on Aug 13, '17 23:29

"Come along Billy I'll show you the place. " Husky said as he entered the laundromat. 
"You'll be here behind the counter. For all intents and purposes this is a full functioning laundromat. So you better look the part of a receptionist, that means no suits or expensive watches. If anyone asks, the noise is from the machinery and the smell is from the chemicals. Tell the cops the chemicals are toxic and they will be less likely to take a look. Don't worry , I'll make sure to give Hendrickson his cut every week so the cops don't come around much." He paused to make sure the boy understood . He walked behind the counter and beckoned Billy over, "Come here and take a close look. " Billy saw Husky's hand on a rifle attached to the underside of the counter, pointed towards the customer. "That is for when some dumb schmuck tries to knock us off. The button beside it is to warn everyone downstairs to head for the tunnels in case of a raid" Husky said visibly proud of the contraption he had designed.

Having gone over the basics with the frontman, Husky decided to go check on the progress downstairs. He moved through a curtain to the laundry room. He was anxious to get this place up and running as soon as possible. He opened a cupboard, fiddled with the false back and opened the secret door. Bouncing with excitement he ran down the stairs 3 at a time. He nodded to the guy reading a newspaper,  sitting next to the door at the end of the corridor. The guy barely looked up. Husky had figured some extra muscle would help keep the place more secure. He made a mental note to ask Mephisto for a more competent  replacement. Preferably someone who didn't read the paper so much. He paused at the door and looked at the words THE REBEL'S RETREAT glowing in bright red neon on the adjacent wall. With a sigh he opened the door and walked in.

The place was coming along nicely. It was a cellar with two attached rooms. There were three tunnels that led outside from each of the rooms. One to the kitchens of the deli next door, a second to the roof and a third to the ballroom across the street.  He'd paid off the cops and had newspaper boys and flower girls watching the street. But the tunnels made sure everyone could make a quick getaway if things went pear shaped.  He took a quick look around and saw  Jax and Tony playing poker with some of the new guys on a table in the corner. He waved to them and walked to the bar. He winked at Scooter seeing him hustle some schmuck at pool. Husky sat on a stool and said "Tommy! Get me a-". He stopped when he realized Tommy the barman had just handed him the exact drink he was about to order. A double Canadian  whiskey, neat no ice. "We named the drink Fort Wayne. Named it after your whiskey heist. The clipping's going up on the walls too." Tommy said while pointing to a framed newspaper clipping being hung on the wall.

The Wall of Infamy had been his idea. It was littered with the newspaper clippings of some of the most infamous  incidents the Rebel's alliance was involved in . The whiskey job clipping was being hung right between Mephisto's bank job clipping and Addyson's mass shooting incident report. Heck, half the wall was covered with clippings from the Don's or his hands' early jobs.  He turned around slowly looking at the blackboard with a list of the crews best gunslingers on it.
"Well, I'll be damned. Keep 'em coming Tommy. I gotta go check on Dandelion." He said beaming with pride. "Sure thing boss."  Tommy replied.  "Boss? He could get used to that." he thought to himself while grinning. He walked to the room adjacent to the poker table, chuckling as Kowalski sang along to the radio leading the others in a chorus of West End Blues. Written on the door in Plain Black were two words. THE TAVERN. The Tavern was to be the Rebels' gambler's den. Lottery, races, loansharking. Everything would be handled from inside that room and everything would be handled by one man Dandelion. Husky went in and said "Ah the numbe-" before he was interrupted by Dandelion "Not now Husky, I'm in the middle of something. Besides the Don wanted to see you in the War Room." He nodded and retreated out the door as Dandelion shouted  "And turn that damn racket down. Some of us are trying to work here." which only led to the boys singing even louder.

Husky made his way to the last room in the joint. THE WAR ROOM. This is where all the backroom business will take place. Heists will be planned, deals will be finalized, hits will be authorized. Apart from the residences of the Don and both his hands , this was the one place where business discussions were allowed to be held. Husky tried not to let the nerves get to him as he entered. For something so important, the room was minimalistic. There was a bookshelf hiding one of the tunnels. The wall adjacent to it had a map of the streets of Detroit , a shelf of hooch was fixed on the opposite wall. A desk was present with two chairs in front and one leather chair behind it. There was a safe on the wall behind the leather chair covered by a portrait of Don Ackbar who himself was nowhere to be seen. He took off his soot stained fedora and placed it on the desk. Then he looked at the bottle of Irish Whiskey and the note attached that read "Congratulations Kid. You did it. Maybe now you'll stop drinking that Canadian piss " He popped the top and took a big swig, cringed and spat it out immediately. He chuckled to himself. Tossing the bottle in the trash he yelled
"Tommy! Where's my goddamn Fort Wayne?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Nikki approached Husky's bar, her pace slowing visibly when she saw a predominant number of AdmiralAckbar's crew members. She wasn't upper structure anymore, and running into other crews had become a precarious situation. Nodding respectfully as she passed, she wondered if this was a Detroit-only joint, and if she'd be tossed to the curb while trying to get in. No one seemed to pay her much heed, though, so she poked her head through the door, her eyes trying desperately to adjust to the darkness inside. 

Unable to tell if it was still under renovations or ready for business, even if it was simply open or closed, she looked down on her own attire and sighed. Black cocktail dress? Total and complete fail if there were still sawhorses in there. Silently cursing herself for tooting in the cab on the way over, she tried to force her pupils to adjust.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for the proprietor of this fine establishment," she called into the dimness while gripping a gift box of Cubans.

Report Post Tip

"Fine establishment? Lady what are you on ? This place is a shithole" chuckled one of the guys . "Language!" shouted Tommy the bartender. "Sorry, shithole being revamped." came the reply followed by loud guffaws. "Go home before your wife comes looking for you again. Don't mind them miss, just a bunch of green guys who can't handle their liquor . What's your poison?" Tommy asked looking up expectantly. 

"2 Fort Waynes Tommy. This is a lady after my own heart." Husky said, having just come out of the Tavern after a brief but heated debate with Dandelion about the bookies. He walked up to the bar, stopping for a second to switch on a few lights . Squinting, as red light bathed the room in a hellish glow, he said "Forgive me , we vampires tend to forget other people exist too" he said with a grin. He grabbed his drink and turned towards her , pausing as he saw the Black cocktail dress tightly hugging her curves. "Though its hard to forget people who look like that" he said and took a gulp. 

He looked into her piercing eyes and in a serious tone asked , " So business or pleasure?"

Report Post Tip

Nikki squinted, totally out of sorts now as she was bathed in red light. 

"Vampires? I thought red lights meant whores," she smirked playfully as she slid the box of Cubans towards him.

​​​​​"House-warming. Business-warming? Whatever. I came to give my support. Maybe I'm early," she said, tugging uncomfortably on the hem of her dress. 

Report Post Tip

"Vampires, whores, what's the difference? They both bleed you dry." he said while pulling out a cigar and smelling it.
He noticed her tugging at the bottom of her dress. Perhaps she thought his gaze had lingered too long. It had, but on the carefully hidden holsters.
"It's not every day a woman walk's into my bar hiding a couple of colts strapped to her thighs under a cocktail dress." he justified to himself.

"Well I appreciate the support. What do you think of the place so far?" he asked as he turned around to look at the room.

Report Post Tip

Nikki snorted, she couldn't help it. He was funny. 

As he turned towards the room and asked her opinion, her own gaze searched his backside for telltale sidearms. She expected the silhouette of a Magnum, but either the holster was too body-hugging or the suit was too well-tailored to tell. 

​​​​​"It's charming. No, really," she said as he shot her a look. "It's exactly what it needs to be. Comfortable. Homey. Trustworthy, like you can really talk in here and not worry about who's listening. Remember what if felt like, hanging out in your best friend's basement as a kid, drinking soda pop and smoking your first cigarette? It's got that feel to it. Not many places do," she says with a rueful smile. 

Report Post Tip

He saw her gazing at his spine while he lit the cigar and took a long drag. Closing his eyes, he released the smoke. He closed his eyes enjoying the musky aroma as he chuckled to himself knowing she wouldn't find any gun because there was none.

"I trust my silvertongue to get me out of more scrapes than any revolver glinting like a silver medallion tucked into my waist. You should try it some time , feels...liberating." he said to her. Ofcourse he didn't tell her about the blades hidden in his sleeves, a memento from his time in Europe. 

"I'm surprised at how well you understand the innocent Dickensian theme I was going for with the place. Assuming you ignore the drunk old man lying unconscious in a puddle of his own vomit in the corner there ofcourse." He said chuckling , knowing she would turn to look at the empty corner and only find the Wall Of Infamy.

Report Post Tip

"Oh, very nice!" She said with hearty sincerity. She had a penchant for violence, which explained both the patricide and the torture room tucked inside her hair salon in New York. 

"Although, the kill counts...maybe those shouldn't be on display for just anyone to see. Sensitive crew "for-your-eyes-only" info, if you know what I mean. Assuming, of course, this will be open to others, outside your crew? Otherwise, leave it there. Bragging rights belong on bar walls," she said, smiling as she perused the newspaper clippings.

Report Post Tip

He stared at her as she scanned the wall. He knew she was right. So he thought about what he should do next. This was a shrine to the crew's history. Looking at the heist clipping Husky wondered what Scooter would have done were he still here. He closed his eyes and looked away, it was too painful to look at so soon. His eyes , two pools of sadness, returned to the list and he saw Scooter's pseudonym somewhere in the middle and smiled. The list would stay, the pseudonym's were enough to protect the identity of the crew members. But it would remain as a reminder of some of our finest moments. 

"You are probably right, but I will forever be a fool blinded by braggadocio and a penchant for theatricality." He said raising his glass to her and nodding.

Report Post Tip

Minutes became hours, hours became days, days became weeks. Mephisto had forgotten just how long he had spent in the War Room alongside Don AdmiralAckbar and his RHM Addyson working on the intricate details of their new heist. Things like this needed careful planning cause one slip up and you would find yourself in the nearest county jail serving time, well, until the bribes came through that is.

He knew that HuskyRadhe was still around cause the drinks had been flowing consistantly and only Husky would have remembered to keep the staff in check.

"What a long ass day, I feel like my brain has been working some serious overtime. I need a break from this shit."

With a tired expression, he stood up and stretched out his limbs, ensuring that the meeting had reached an adequate conclusion for now.

"What do you say we head to the bar for a bit, I am sure Husky is still around and taking care of things."

Grabbing his coat and hat from the rail, he made his way outside, holding the door for Addyson who was right behind him.

"Is this round on me or were you buying?" He chuckled.

Looking around, he noticed Husky in the main bar area, greeting the new guests and ensuring the operation was running smootly. It didn't take long for Husky to notice they had arrived.

"Hey Husky, I never had a chance to commend you on setting this place up. Good to see business starting to run properly and everything still being kept in such pristine condition. Had any issues yet? Suppliers delivering on schedule?"

Addyson walked closely behind Mephisto before heading inside the bar before him, she shuffled her handbag onto her shoulder a little more before fixing the collar on her black long coat. Glancing around the bar, she saw it screamed elegance. Husky clearly had his staff well trained as they greeted his guests at the door. Chuckling at his words, she gave him a light shrug.

"I'll buy this round. Though, all of the rounds after this are on you." 

Giving him a wink as they headed further into the building, she glanced over at Husky who quickly noticed their presence. Meeting him in the middle of the room, she gave him a small smile as Mephisto congratulated him on his new building venture. 

"Yeah great job, the place looks great. It'd be even better with a beer." 

Chuckling to herself, she nodded Mephisto over to the bar as she carried herself over there. Although classy, she still preferred a cold beer to get her through the stress of meetings and the like.

The past weeks had been hectic for Don AdmiralAckbar, so hectic that he hadn't even found the time to sit down for a well-deserved drink. While driving back from a meeting with the upper structure he drove past the establishment know as 'The Rebel's Retreat'. It has been put together by a talented entrepreneur from Detroit, better know as HuskyRadhe. The Admiral pulled over and went inside. The moment he stepped into the door, all eyes turned towards him.

'At ease men, I am also here for a drink' Admiral said while joining Addyson and Mephisto at the table in the corner.

'Bartender! Give me one of your best whiskey's, no ice!' 

While enjoying his first drink in ages, the admiral could feel the stress release from his body. Within minutes he found himself not only with a drink but also a Cuban cigar at his lips. 

'This is the life..' he mumbled 

Report Post Tip

Seeing all the bosses in his speakeasy together, he walked to the bar smiling. Waving off the bartender he walked behind the counter himself, something he had not done in years.

"Nothing I can't handle boss. With Blunt_Force_Tony protecting all the shipments headed west in Falcone's train , the deal for Irish from Chicago, the Coast Guard supplying the Canadian from across the border we have nothing to worry about boss." he said pouring two beers and handing one to Mephisto.

"But this is the first time you are here, enjoy have a beer. Afterall," he paused to hand Addyson her beer and continued,"everything is better with a beer." He had never talked to her before, but her reputation preceded her. This beautifully dangerous woman was not someone he wanted to get on the wrong side of.

As the Don walked in , the entire room fell silent staring at him in awe. Only when he sat on the bar and ordered a drink did they get back to whatever they were doing. Husky poured two Fort Waynes and handed one to the Don as he lit his cigar. Raising the other glass in a toast he saw Mephisto and Addyson join in.

"A toast to Don Ackbar" he paused "May you live long and may you live merry. And when it is your time to go, may you be in heaven a full half-hour before the devil knows you're dead."

Report Post Tip
Ah the smell of alcohol and cigarette mixed together, it had missed Kid. He had walked in a bar a couple of months ago, only to fall into a big coma and wake up two months later. He looked around and immediatly walked towards the bar, closely followed by his bodyguard, Chu.

"I'll take an orange juice please!" he asked, having learned his mistake from the other time. Alcohol and kids didn't mix well together.... He quickly got his drink and looked around, listening to the conversations going on, hoping he could find @HuskyRahde, the man who seemed to have built this place and the one that sent him an invitation!
Report Post Tip

Frank a man of his word told Husky that the next time he was in Detroit he would make a stop at his establishment.  He looked around for Husky but figured he was in the back Office working on something.  Frank knew that husky was ambitious and young so his potential would be either great or extremely risky if not both.

Frank took a seat at the bar along side him was Little Tony and Abe they were close friends with the Jewish gang in Detroit known as the purple gang and he was here to settle some petty differences with the deliveries and there agreed cost for said product. 

Ordering a drink for them as he looks at his watch to keep track of the time.  He will wait to see if Husky comes out of the back office. 

Report Post Tip

"Enough or I'll be chased by numbers in my dreams today. I need a drink" Husky said to Dandellion as he walked out of The Tavern and into the main area. They had just finished a discussion about the speakeasy's finances and his head was still spinning. Husky took some consolation in the fact that his joint was making a steady stream of income. 

He looked around and saw Frank engaged in a serious discussion with some members of the local Jewish mob. Not wanting to disturb him he tipped his hat in Frank's direction and walked towards The_Kid drinking an orange juice in a corner. Grabbing his Fort Wayne on the way he walked to the next chair and sat down. Taking a brief second to glimpse at Chu standing behind protectively, Husky took a sip of his Whiskey and said, "I'm glad you accepted my invitation. What do you think of the place?"

Report Post Tip

Mick opened the door to the establishment, somewhat apprehensively. He was a part of the family sure, but he had not yet really gotten to know anyone. Other than that, he was also taken in despite a somewhat shady past, and that was something he was very appreciative of. Regardless, he was here now and it was up to him to make sure his impression was lasting. Straightening up his emerald green vest, Mick walked passed the person at the counter with just a tip of his hat, not speaking as he was not sure who he was exactly.. The man did the same. Stepping passed the curtain he started his slow decline down the staircase. The sound of music and smell of smoke began to fill the corridor he walked down, and eventually the sounds of talking. Well, this is it. Don't fuck it up now yeah? Shaking his head, he stepped into the chamber and began to take a look at his surroundings. The place was quite busy, and he took note of a few of the faces. He knew them of course, had seen them about. He had never really spoken with them though. 

He new Husky of course, this was his business after all. How ignorant would it be for him to not know who owns the establishment he just walked into? He seemed to be already in a conversation however, and he wasn't going to spend his first experience disrupting someone. He continued to scan the room and take in the faces. Among those he knew were those he didn't. Small gangs, people from other cities he presumed, and other general miscreants. Stepping up to the bar, he leaned against it and eyed the bartender closely. "Aye, I'll take a whiskey. Irish of course, and don't try and pass off any of that America swill. Trust me, I'll know the difference." The bartender in return gave him a look that said he didn't like the way Mick said that, but he brushed it off and got him the drink anyway. Sliding it across the counter, Mick raised it up and gave the man something of a salute before downing it relatively quickly. He sighed out loudly and slammed the glass down on the table. "Good man, knew ye wouldn't let me down." He grinned and pushed it back to the man. "Now I'll take another, and keep 'em coming won't ye?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It was Sunday evening when Dustin arrived to Detroit with Husky's shipment. He meant to deliver it sooner, but he had just returned to Chicago that morning from an excruciatingly long trip on the east coast. Sure, one phone call from his New York suite and he could have had it sent days ago, but he had promised to deliver this one personally.

Entering the Rebel's Retreat he immediately spotted Husky in the corner with The_Kid and joined them.

"Hello, Husky."

He paused to light a cigarette.

"My trucks are a few blocks away with your goods. Before the weeks end as promised. I'd like to ask how you want to go about this without drawing any suspicion. A convoy of trucks unloading 50 gallon barrels into a laundromat doesnt seem too discreet."

Report Post Tip

As The_Kid looked around the place, Husky saw  Dustin approach. He was late. If the first shipment had not been free , Husky might have taken offence to that fact.

"Ah Mr. Bowls I see you finally decided to join us," Husky paused to shake the man's hand and continued with a smile, "I am glad I'm opting for my own transportation from now on. Your tardiness has made some of our best customers antsy." He pointed to one of the young men sitting by the bar knocking back shots of Irish whiskey in quick succession. In truth his stock was far from empty, but there was no harm in keeping his supplier on his toes.

"Oi Mick ! C'mere!" he said as he beckoned the young man over. Husky had recognized him as one of the new guys, Mick As the man came close Husky saw his vest and chuckled, "God Damn man, you look like a peacock that escaped the city zoo." Taking a second to sniff theatrically he continued "And a drunk one at that." As the crowd guffawed he patted the man on the back to show him it was just some good-natured ribbing.

"The shipment from Chicago has arrived, one of Dustin's men will take you to the convoy a few blocks from here. Stash the barrels in our old warehouse on Jefferson. Make sure you separate the ones that go to Vegas from the ones that go to Swango's place downtown. Let Hendrickson know you're moving so that there is no trouble with the cops. But take some muscle with you just in case. I don't want no fuck ups on this you hear me? " Husky said to Mick and pointed towards Dustin's man as Mick nodded.

"Take a barrel for you and the boys, I know how much you love that swill. But no drinking it tonight. Come back soon as it is stashed alright? Good lad." said Husky with a smile and waved him off.

Turning back to see The_Kid still checking out the place he looked towards Dustin and said "Well, that takes care of that. Now that business is done how about we get you a drink and perhaps you can tell me what all you intend to do while you're in Detroit?"

Report Post Tip

"It was to my understanding that the shipment was to arrive by the weekend. I do believe I've met the deadline."

He paused for a moment, checking his pocket watch. "I'm a busy man, as I'm sure you're aware. Aren't we all though, eh? Personally making deliveries aren't really in my job description. I've got a crew who handles that."

He took a few drags and shook his head to the drink. "The only thing I intend to do is catch a flight back to Chicago. I'm afraid it's strictly business. And it seems my business here is concluded for the moment."

Dustin shook Husky's hand and headed for the door, pausing before he left he turned around.

"Ahh, and Mr. Radhe, I'm sure your anxious customers will see it was well worth the wait."

He smirked, tipped his hat to the young man and made his way to the airport.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Rebel's Retreat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL