Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 22:45:16
Page:  1 
Wandering Around Started by: Petra on Aug 16, '17 23:34

It was a hot day. It was 86 degrees. Petra had a thermometer that said so. Since it was so hot indoors, she figured it might be cooler outdoors so she walked outside, and into a forest. Because she didn't actually live in the city, she lived in the North Hills. But for fuck's sakes, she decided to take a cab to the streets of downtown. 

So she steps out of the cab and was dropped off at some place in front of a ballet store. I guess you could say the street was filled with really fancy cars. People really dressed to the nine's here. I guess I was dressed okay. Okay maybe they weren't dressed to the nine's but like business casual. It's summer. A lot of the men had moustaches, and fancy coats and shit.

Umm, I step into a saloon. I don't know I was feeling sassy so I figured to order a drink. Do I have to be outside? Okay, so I tip the bartender and go back outside. I noticed there was a lot of people on soapboxes all screaming and talking about all kinds of stuff. Some asked philosophical questions, others complained about stuff. I walk past them and see a train station. I really want to get on that train. Where will it take me? Where will I go? 

Report Post Tip

Nikki stood at the bar inside the saloon, arguing with the bartender.

"Yes. You heard me correctly, I want a frozen screwdriver. Just take the orange juice and the vodka and the ice and put that shit in a blender. Simple. Why are you making this so difficult?!?" She screeched, her voice rising out of sheer crankiness, due to the heat.

"Look. I want a very cold drink, preferably in one of those paper cups because I'm walking out with it. One hundred dollars if you'll indulge me," she says with a heavy sigh, placing Mister Franklin on the bar and pushing him forward with a fingertip. The bartender finally complied, and she walked out with her loaded slushy into the excessive heat. The train was pulling in, so she chose to ride it rather than try to find a cab. As she climbed aboard, she passed Petra and took a seat a couple rows behind her. 

Something made her look back up again, though, and study the young woman more carefully. Nikki was sure she didn't know her, but the familiarity was there all the same. Strong, too, like deja-vu. 

It had been on a train, much like this one, years ago. A foiled...robbery? Stalking? The non-memory popped like a burst bubble as the train lurched into motion. 

Huh. Weird.

Report Post Tip

Lucy turned at the sound of Nikki's voice screeching on about the frozen drink that the bartender could not seem to wrap his head around.  Wiping a bit of sweat from beneath her fedora she was, for not the first time today, regretting that she wore pants suits the majority of the time.  All the women on the train looked so comfortable in their cute little dresses and skirts.

"This seat taken?"  She asked Nikki.  She followed the other woman's gaze up to Petra and wondered if she was interrupting business, which was the LAST thing she wanted to do.  If she wasn't welcome here, she certainly would move along without any hurt feelings, after all... Nikki had been one of her first friends in Vegas since Tammy had passed.

Report Post Tip

"This seat taken?"

Hearing a distinct voice so close behind her made Petra lurch a bit. She looked behind her, justifying that it was an acceptable thing to do when acknowledging a questioning voice. The woman sitting down was in an elegant posture tilted up at an angle towards the inquiring passenger. Quietly, she slowly directed her eyes at Petra without tilting her head, which prompted the other lady to turn and also stare.

Petra grinned. For some strange reason, no one seems to be caught off guard here. The dougduke dougduke train noises added an extra dramatic flair to this encounter.

Report Post Tip

Nikki grinned as well, no idea why, really, but it fit her face. Looking up at Lucy, she moved her purse out of the way and scootched over a bit to allow for more room. "No, no. Help yourself," she said politely. A large gulp of her drink had her letting loose a quiet string of profanities moments later; brain freeze was an evil, evil thing.

Report Post Tip

Lucy sits down, it had been a long day on her feet already and the seat was definitely a welcome reprieve.  "What's in the glass that was such a mystery to the bartender?  Anything I might enjoy?"  

Once Nikki replied to her first question, she looked back towards Petra and lowered her voice to ask Nikki quietly, "You know her?"

Report Post Tip

"I don't...think so? Something makes me wish I did, though. She looks like she'd be a good time. I mean," she says, blushing, "like she'd be a real kick in the pants to know," she corrected. Yeesh. Social skills, where for art thou?

Balancing her beverage on the armrest, she extracted a pack of smokes from her purse, offering one to Lucy before lighting up. Rather than putting them away, though, she leaves them out, in case the enigmatic lady turned around once more and she could use them as a conversation opener. 

Report Post Tip

Petra's was still gawking, her head peeped out from the chair to the ladies behind her. Staring at the cigarettes she was tempted to ask for one but instead hid back in the chair and blew her nose, a wheezing bubbling blast of sinus pressure into a delicate tissue. Her sinuses were relentless, her lungs a mucous factory of slippery destruction. 

She had no idea where the train was taking her, she regretted smoking what the random stranger outside the bar gave her. It smelled like pine and moldy cat piss. The train conductor walked down the aisle collecting tickets. Petra realized she didn't have one. He approached her seat expectantly.

"Ticket?" He asked. 

Petra erupted into a coughing fit. 

"One moment...Sir..HWAAACK OOOOWAAACK...sorry I'm really sick, I just need to find my ticket in my bag, I have so much stuff in my purse, I'm sorry." Petra pretends to fumble through her bag. "I caught this cold from the kids at the school where I teach, it's awful." Petra blasted a honking cough towards the man.

"Eh, Miss, just forget about looking for it," The ticket collector moved on checking seats and walking towards the other ladies. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

The coughing fit was something absolutely inspired.  If it had been faked that was.  It was hard to tell.  Was the woman a moving pictures starlet?  The train conductor was looking for tickets.  Lucy strongly suspected it was a confidence job, and the lady was extremely talented as told by the conductor's willingness to move on without getting what he came for.

"Tickets?"  He asked Lucy and Nikki.  Lucy produced hers and let the conductor move along before saying very quietly to Nikki, "If she has a ticket I'm a three horned cow."  she chuckled.  "Confidence like that is a skill we could use more of in our work.  I'm gonna chat her up.  See if she's with one of the local families."  Standing she asked Nikki, "You wanna join me?"

Report Post Tip

"Yeah. I believe I do," she said, rising from her seat and collecting her things. Moving up the aisle to the seats ahead, they found a couple across from the creative stranger. Settling in, Nikki leaned forward, proferring the pack of smokes. 

"Care for one?" She asked with a friendly smile.

Report Post Tip

It was a bit unnerving to have the same two ladies she was just eyeballing come over. A cigarette was offered rather forcefully, despite it's gentle arm that reached over to her. Petra blinked grabbing the cigarette, then with the flick of her lighter, took 3 puffs. It wasn't unusual to smell tobacco on the train, it was all the rage. 

"I'm Petra," she replied rather simply. She looked down and smiled after reaching their gaze. Petra trailed the tip of her leather purse with her fingertips, "You by chance know where this train is heading?" 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Wandering Around
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL