Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:06:46
Page:  1 
Dropping before wacking Started by: Insidious4 on Aug 22, '17 10:59

Ok, I would basically like to know what everyone's thoughts on this process are? What I mean by 'dropping before wacking' is the process of deciding that someone needs to die for whatever reason, speaking to someone in that persons crew (sometimes whilst the persons Crew leader is offline), having them kicked from the crew and then shot so that it just looks like some random got wacked.

Thoughts/opinions?

Report Post Tip

I like doing it because then I don't have some idiot's name on my profile for 30 days.

Report Post Tip

I've often wondered what the logic was behind that, the only reason I can see is that people don't like having their crew members in the obits or the red name on their crew list, so I'm assuming it is mostly cosmetic.  I don't know I feel any particular way about it positive or negative really.  But I'm easily swayed so if somebody comes along with a strong opinion I will probably just adapt theirs

Report Post Tip
I've always been irked by this. I find it classless and weak, particularly if it's a Made Man. Why deny they were in your crew? Imo, if you are gonna put a bullet in them, whether you leave them a whisper or explain in their funeral (or not) at least acknowledge that they were once with you. A wooden onesie should be insult enough, own it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Sounds good to me, I agree with BetsyLou
Report Post Tip

Other than the possible reasons given, unsponsored members also have a lower defense. Could play into it. I have to agree with the feisty BetsyLou here as well.

Report Post Tip

Agree wholeheartedly with Betsy. Find it shocking when folks are dropped, though tbh more so with Made+. If they are under made and went IA then they are no more than an associate bum and so dropping them isn't significant. But any Made+ who for whatever reasons isn't pulling their weight and needs shot, shouldn't be dropped first. They made their bones and so they should die with that family name.

Report Post Tip

Not that I appreciate the comments thus far but any input from the CL's currently running the show would be awesome.

Report Post Tip

Hate that shit. If my previous experiences with most of LV leadership is any indication, they also hate that shit. 

Report Post Tip

A possible perspective: Once you've done something which causes your own family to plot against you, are you really still a member? Why allow the honor of dying with a family name on your profile that you didn't live up to?

Report Post Tip

You want responses from specific people? I would suggest tagging them. 

Report Post Tip

Doesn't bother me at all.

Why should it?

Report Post Tip

Imo, Dead is dead. Whether you slept too long or did something deserving of being shot, made or gangster, it's dead. I can hold respect or disgust for someone without it on my profile.

Report Post Tip

Sneakily removing someone from your family prior to having someone else kill them? For what? Because you don't wish to tarnish your impeccable families reputation by admitting that people you don't like have managed to worm their way into it?

Or as romance suggests because of cosmetics? Your ego? Pride? What? 

What conceivable reason could there be to have to go to such lengths over something so trivial? If they are worthless enough to get shot then why go to the hassle of removing them first?

Imo, Dead is dead. Whether you slept too long or did something deserving of being shot, made or gangster, it's dead.

Pats the eager young villiage idiot on the head

Thank you for taking part and providing your opinion but unfortunately your answer has nothing to do with the original question. 

Report Post Tip

There are two reasons why I have done this in past (although not on this account, but would have no qualms doing so).

1. I farm out the in house IAs to family members. They have a higher defence if they are sponsored by me. I don't want to expose my people to unneeded risk.
  2. They annoyed me and don't deserve my sponsorship even in death and it is an added insult.

I guess number 2 is pride based, number 1 is practical.

I don't really see it as "a thing" I guess. 

Report Post Tip

I have seen it done to avoid having their family in the obits or maybe to make the shot easier. Not really a good excuse either way even though I have done it before. I guess family should be kept family and die with some honor is how I view it so make sure your sure you want to invite someone and make them family, by talking to people and getting to know them not just member whoring.

Report Post Tip

That's fair enough Larry, you're entitled to your own opinion regardless of whether I or many others disagree with it. For those of you who do disagree with such practices though, it may be of interest to you to know that such practices are still taking place despite being widely frowned upon.

Aug 21, 08:26:46    You witnessed sd**idrr WACK ChampagneCharlie

LarryLongNeck and Thebestname were both offline when Romance kicked this poor chap our of their crew so that a certain someone could shoot them.

Which is surprising when the same certain someone has also been known to say things like this.

http://ibb.co/kvMHcQ

I wait with bated breath to see if "they are wiped out for it".

Ha.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

That guy wasn't in my crew, pal and that screenshot isn't real.

Bring back the other Insidious; you're an idiot. 

Report Post Tip

That's exactly the response I expected.

I'm poor though so no tips for you.

Report Post Tip
Never booted anyone out of our crew before killing them, never had ChampagneCharlie in our crew. I'm also neither for or against the practice, so if I did do any of that I wouldn't really care if I were exposed or called out for doing it

ChampagneCharlie did mail me randomly however, insinuated that a friend of mine on here was a cunt and even went as far to imply I might be one too! I will never forgive that son of a BITCH for mailing that to me but I assume people are called worse names
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Dropping before wacking
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL