Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 12:40:23
Page:  1 
Riddle at the Dinner Gathering Started by: Solid on Aug 22, '17 17:53

Solid was just leaving the room his Grandmother was staying in from a terminal illness when he heard an old man's voice call out to him to come over there. It was just across the hall from where he just was. Cautiously walking in to see what it was he might have needed. The old man passed him a piece of paper which he noticed had a few recognizable names on it. He didn't get much of a chance to read it before the man started right into why he was giving him this.

"You know a lot of people, don't you? I need someone to straighten out this memory I had of a dinner." He sounded frustrated because he couldn't focus anymore. The old man let out a rampage of coughs pulling back his hand to see blood. He looked back up to Solid and gave a worried expression. "I don't think I'm going to make it much longer, here give these out to whoever can help me out with this." He handed him a card. "Youths refer to them as credits." Solid understood that the poor soul wouldn't be needing them anymore.

Solid: "You must really trust me not to just go run off without this."

Old Man: "You wouldn't be visiting her everyday if you would do that to someone."

Solid walked out to go make copies of what the man had given him. He attached them to anything and everything he could to get the word out.

At the dinner gathering everyone was sitting in a row wearing different colors.

The person in blue sat one seat right of someone in black. I remember that blue suit because they spilled their vodka all over it. Disorder wore a freshly cleaned white suit. Kharon passed a police badge around, which the person from Kingman smirked, showing off their ring. The guest from Searchlight wore a brown suit. When one of them bragged about their cigar, the person next to them said it wasn't the same quality as Searchlight, where they were from. The one from Rockford, grabbed his tequila and went over to the one at the center seat and whispered something in their ear being very careful not to spill the center seat's wine.

Someone else carried a knife and when the person next to them saw it, from Reno, they choked a bit almost spilling their neighbors rum. HenriDucard raised their whiskey in toast. JoeKing was at the far right, next to the one that wore red. At the end of the night Orange told them all about a recent situation about his Home City Naperville.

In the morning when I was cleaning up I had found a comb that one of them had left under the table.

Seat 1 is far left, Seat 3 is center, and Seat 5 is far right. Tell me who sat in which seat, what they were drinking, what color attire they had on, where they were from and which unique item they brought with them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Dub overheard the conversation and the riddle that followed... He sat to himself frantically scribbling on paper with his pen until the bottom side of his left hand was covered in black ink. He came to a conclusion and approached Solid

I believe I've solved it... 

Seat 1                         Seat 2                              Seat 3                                Seat 4                             Seat 5

Black Suit                    Blue Suit                           White Suit                          Red Suit                          Brown Suit

Orange                        Kharon                             Disorder                             HenriDucard                     JoeKing

Naperville                    Reno                                Rockford                             Kingman                          Searchlight

Rum                            Vodka                              Wine                                   Whiskey                          Tequila

Cigar                           Badge                              Knife                                   Ring                                Comb

Report Post Tip

Solid looked at his own personal notes and crossed off to see if Dub was right.

• Blue sits one seat right of Black
  • Blue was drinking Vodka
  • Disorder wore White
  • Kharon had the Police Badge
  • The person from Kingman had the Ring
  • The person from Searchlight wore Brown
  • The person from Searchlight is next to the Cigar owner
  • The person from Rockford was drinking Tequila
  • Center Seat was drinking Wine
  • The person from Reno is next to the Knife owner
  • The person from Reno is next to the person drinking Rum
  • HenriDucard was drinking Whiskey
  • JoeKing is in Seat 5
  • Red sits next to JoeKing
  • Orange is from Naperville
  • The last item is the Comb

Solid: "I told him about it but he seems to think something is off."

He started to get frustrated.

Solid: "How are we suppose to figure this out, it makes no sense!"

Report Post Tip

Dub hung his head. Why don't we just tell the man, whose mind is beginning to fail him, that this was the order. 

Oh well, he seems to remember enough!

How about this?

Seat 1                         Seat 2                              Seat 3                                Seat 4                             Seat 5

Black Suit                    Blue Suit                         White Suit                          Red Suit                          Brown Suit

Kharon                        Orange                            Disorder                             HenriDucard                     JoeKing

Rockford                     Naperville                         Kingman                             Reno                               Searchlight

Tequila                        Vodka                              Wine                                   Whiskey                          Rum

Badge                          Comb                              Ring                                   Cigar                                Knife

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
  Seat 1 Seat 2 Seat 3 Seat 4 Seat 5
Name Kharon Orange Disorder HenriDucard JoeKing
Color Black Blue White Red Brown
Location Rockford Naperville Kingman Reno Searchlight
Drink Tequila Vodka Wine Whiskey Rum
Item Police Badge Comb Ring Cigar Knife

Solid delivered the new attempt to the old man.

Old Man: "Yes! That's it, thank you. Thank you. I can't say this enough."

Solid held out the credits to Dub. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dub accepted the credits. 

Oh, thank you. I do enjoy a good challenge! I love these sorts of 'mysteries', so if you come across anymore and you wish to see how people fare, I'd gladly partake even for just a few thousand dollars!

Dub thanked the man and went about his day.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Riddle at the Dinner Gathering
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL