Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 05:59:49
News & Announcements
10 Watchers
Page:  1 
RULES: The banning of players by other players. Started by: Squishy on Sep 06, '17 12:30

The banning of players by players will only be limited to one city (For home city and/or for traveling).

Trying to enforce, or even ask for the banning of someone for more than one area will result in the loss of current and/or future accounts.

Report Post Tip

Lets discuss Baseball, Goku and Mass mails.... 

Cracks her knuckles

Report Post Tip
Can this be clarified further? Are you saying people were banned from traveling between cities? Those crew less may have missed the memo.
Report Post Tip

I'm saying that 'Esther and all future characters are banned from playing in MR <throws tiny rage and stamps feet>' is no longer tolerated. 

Report Post Tip
Oh. I approve, thanks Izzy.
Report Post Tip
Would the anti-terrorist treaty have been prevented by this rule?
Report Post Tip

What about leaders inviting someone then dropping them for who they are?

Report Post Tip
Then they are dropped. This isn't about evading all repercussions of the past, it's about being able to at least have a place somewhere to stay to at least try repair whatever is holding you back.

I wouldn't want to be in a family whose values don't align with mine anyway.
Report Post Tip

A leader has the right to choose who they want or do not want to work with at any point in time. If they choose not to work with the person the results can vary between dropping, being asked to leave, or shooting them. All of which are a leader's prerogative.

If they do not want to work with someone they should have the ability to make it so they do not have to work with that person. If you don't want to risk being dropped because of who you are then don't tell the leader who you are, it's not like you are being forced to do reveal yourself. This is a role playing game, play your role not yourself if this is a concern. It's against game policy to ask anyone who is under Made who they "are". You can't exactly force a leader to keep someone they know/feel they cannot work with in their crew. 

The leader could ask the person to arrange a new crew to take them in prior to dropping, but that should be left up to the leader. In a perfect world this is how it would be, however, this is a far from perfect world.

Dropping someone for who they are is not preventing them from playing the game, it's preventing them and the leader from having any altercations that may arise if the member were to stay. Therefore, it shouldn't be against the rules such as banning mugging or pick pocketing. The leader is essentially saying, "Nope, don't want to work with you. You bring too much drama with you." and that's a right they should have. There are just some bloodlines that cannot work together, we're no different than any other aspect of our world today here.

This shouldn't be something that is enforced by the administration as it would be essentially forcing a leader to have someone in their crew that they don't want in their crew.

How would you feel if you were the crewleader being forced to have someone you don't care for, don't trust, or have had altercations with in the past in your crew? 

Also, if someone has done this to you then there's obviously an issue or two with yourself you may need to address and change the way you act and the things you do to become welcome in crews again.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I disagree. If every city had someone that they consistently dropped that would indeed be preventing them from playing the game. It would also speak to the fact that more than one city is banning someone.

Report Post Tip
When a player is so disliked that they are banned from every crew independently then it's time for that player to consider why.

What is the one constant in all these different situations? Perhaps try a different playing style, or role-playing a different way, or doing things differently then they have in the past.
Report Post Tip

I think that you have gotten a little bit conflicting here Squishy.

On one hand, banning from all cities is wrong, yet on the other the person has to change their play style? I am a little confused.

Report Post Tip

I think the solution would be either try to convince a leader that you are genuinely wanting to change at the beginning of your run, or going incognito and demonstrating that you are going to be different from that point on. From there it should be possible to rebuild a reputation that would allow you to be a part of more cities and families. 

Jordyn I don't think anything is conflicting. What I understand is that no CL or Godfather should try to enforce a ban on a player in another area. So if let's say New York Godfather doesn't want me in his city, he can tell other NY leaders not to accept me, but he is not permitted to massmail all uppers "RandomProfileName is actually CookieDealer, do not accept him in your crews". Other city leaders should be able to make that choice themselves.

When a player is so disliked that they are banned from every crew independently then it's time for that player to consider why.

I can rewrite this in another way if you need further help if you are still reading this as conflicting. 

News & Announcements
Replying to: RULES: The banning of players by other players.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL