Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 07:26:40
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
A Bug, Intentional or Overlooked? Started by: Sylens on Sep 09, '17 09:12

Just as the title says.. I'm not sure if this is intended by the gods, a bug or something that has just been overlooked. Obviously with all the DD's recent we have noticed a large spike in players dying while still having their old DD'd CL as their Sponsor.

https://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=1613168

See this example. Mr Balls was DD'd for well.. doing whatever happened. This poor fella probably hasn't been that aware that his CL was killed simply because he profile still states he is in fact 'sponsored'. 

I propose that just like when your CL dies.. this Sponsor part of the profile goes to 'None'. Also perhaps a personal goes out to every family member when your CL Dies, Retires, Suicides or gets DD'd just to give the newer users or unaware older players a bit of info that something has gone down and they need to seek new shelter.

Pros -

Newer players are alerted through a few different means that something has happened to their CL and they survive longer
Helps prevent a few more deaths when CL's have been blithering idiots and got themselves smited

Cons - 

Older players might QQ about this because they're grumpy as hell and this is just spoon feeding some newbies more

Thoughts guys n gals?

Report Post Tip

Squishy, I think this is just something that's been overlooked?

Report Post Tip

I thought it might have been. Just thought I'd get it out to you boys!

Report Post Tip

I think this is just something going screwy in the DD code that doenst do the final cleanup and remove the sponsor/cl stuffs.

Report Post Tip
Durzo was a new player too, to my knowledge anyways I taught him a lot. He hasn't returned since the day of the DDs and now I'm kinda sad after cranking that lifemath, he was a quick learner and I liked having his fresh perspective on the game. I like the idea if only for the next Durzo to stick around and learn the ins and outs of the game.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: A Bug, Intentional or Overlooked?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL