Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 00:19:53
Page:  1 
Why Wi-Tu-Lo why? Started by: Wi-Tu-Lo on Sep 20, '17 19:25
*as Wi-Tu-Lo walks out of a back alley he drags a tatty old soapbox behind him, you can barely make out a few letters engraved on the box...TSCO...*

Good day folks, it's been a while since I've climbed on one of these and to be honest, I'm not sure the old soapbox is going to hold my weight. So I guess many of you are wondering what the hell I am playing at. Well to be honest I've just had enough of the repeated holding back of genuine wise guys. I've watched now for a couple of weeks and seen many capable mobsters held back for no reason other than they aren't approved by Chicago and Detroit while we see preferred bloodlines rushed up the ranks and even being given their own families and donations of hundreds of bodyguards. This isn't how things work or have worked in this thing of ours and I for one have had enough of this nepotism.

*cough*
Sep 20, 12:55:02 You WACKED! Lecter.
*cough*

There are dozens of hard working, trustworthy wise guys out there old enough to be leading new blood families who are being ignored by our voiceless, spineless non leaders. Add this to the murdering of people who don't want to 'play by our rules'. A whole city struck down because they had committed the offence of independent thought. Same with Indubitably in NYC. Struck down for wanting to take things in an independent direction even though everyone knew he had no gun. These are the actions of cowards. The truly great regimes in this thing of ours have always let people be the best they can and strive to achieve things. Even the most murderous regimes have allowed the cities to flourish after their takedowns. They allowed families to build their ranks full of made mafioso and took their chances that some of these may turn their guns on them but showed the bollocks and nerve to let things play the way they play.

*Wi-Tu-Lo looks down nervously as the decades old soapbox let's out a loud creak*

Add this to the absolute inability of today's leaders to lead. To lead is to lead the people, to win their love or at least their respect by educating them on your actions whether they agree with them or not. Not to sit In a private coffee shop and make decisions and carry out actions with zero regard for the people who earn the money for them to furnish their ivory towers. Cletus recently came to the streets and earned a hell of a lot of respect for his statement on the recent removal in NYC. Now while I may not have agreed with these actions, I have nothing but admiration for how he came out and put himself in the firing line by doing so. He could easily have sat back like the majority of these mute puppets in bold but he took the opportunity to make a statement and proved himself to be a little more like those legends of old. Tobias has tried via his speech writers but let's be honest, we all know he's as thick as two short planks and is being played by his master. As for the rest of the mutes, they deserve less of a mention than the majority of thugs in these cities who already possess more street presence than all the mutes in bold put together.

Well I'm done now, I've had my fun, I've made room for a few deserving people to get made, maybe just maybe a few of those hardworking loyal wise guys will get their chance but more than likely they'll all be held back because someone's son is only a few days away from being made...

...and Tobias, I may have accepted your duel if you had the balls to let a lowly amateur shoot first. A coin toss? Really? Are you 6? Ya pussy. Hahaha

*Wi-Tu-Lo pulls out a very dusty old golden bong*

To the good old days, when men where men and leaders had voices!

Adios.
Report Post Tip

Really wish these rogues would fortify their HQs for some easy destroying... Gimme that experience!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Great thinking Dub! 

Walter *laughs out loud*.. We just want some Fort Xp!

Report Post Tip

We're mobsters, mobsters need some experience! 

And the best way is knocking down forts!

We want Xp! 

"When do we want it? NOW!"

Walter-White gathers the crowd of lively mobsters; as Dub raises his fist and screams "We want XP NOW!!!"

The lively crowd of criminals goes crazy, rampaging in the streets, knocking over street vendors with a smile.

"WE WANT XP, AND WE WANT IT NOW!"

Soon there is about 500 crazy criminals on the loose, you can hear the crowd roar from miles away!

Report Post Tip

"Oberta!" they all yell in Unison, "Roberta's Oberta!"

Walter-White see's Dub getting a little "too" rowdy, and ushers him into the local cafe Del-Treats across the street. 

"What do you want for breakfast tough tough guy? Dub thinks for a moment and yells out, "I WANT CAKES AND PIES!!!"

Walter smiles and looks at the cashier, who seems confused to the max. "Get my friend Dub ALL THE CAKES AND PIES YOU GOT!"

Walter then turns and stares at Dub, signaling that Dub would be paying for the cakes and pies. Dub laughed at Walter, "I just eat em dude."

Report Post Tip

Filthy turns the corner and happens to overhear parts of the conversation between Dubliner and Mr White, he pauses for a moment trying to decide if he should speak up. Mr White is a button man, Fithy knew this but felt the need to say something in the most respectful way possible. 

I find it it kind of ironic guys that the one person who makes valid, structured concerns and points in this discussion is the dead man, the outsider if you like. He makes points about the state of affairs for folk to earn their button and here was have a button guy and someone on the verge of receiving the honour voicing nothing but nonsense. I would have expected someone to at the minimum offer some actual advice for us up and comers. The guy obviously felt strongly enough about his thoughts to sacrifice his life to highlight them. 

Now I understand murder is not a suitable conduit for highlighting these opinions but his opinions and if I'm honest, reasonably valid opinions would seem to be on a subject that should concern us all. After all, achieving the rank of MadeMan is something we all strive for in this thing of ours.

Filthy wanders off back to headquarters to ponder on his own thoughts, should he re-evaluate his own thinking, is the way to make it in this town to simply offer zero opinion and instead poke fun at someone who is dead. Filthy decides he needs a large bottle of scotch before locking himself away to make some life changing decisions. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

"Although I personally don't agree with the way the message was given, the reasons behind the message I think are noble. Some like to use words, others choose to take action. If all everyone did around here was talk, then we may as well start a wives club."

"Some lost their lives at the hand of this rogue. Even from The Broadway Mob. If we want to honour them and not just let them be forgotten, we should look closely at the motives for the attack. And if there is something we can improve upon, we should take that into consideration."

"Sometimes people kill just for kicks. Sometimes though, there is a noble purpose. Like protecting loved ones, or taking out bad eggs due to breaking rules of this thing we all work to keep afloat. I like to think death serves a purpose, just as life does."

"Let's take this as a possible learning curve. And if we can, we should use it to help improve our way of life for the better."

Report Post Tip

Filthy, he is dead because he went Rogue. Simple as that pal. Do you expect the community to let rogues run wild and kill innocent gangsters?

I honestly do respect you sharing your perspective though, I feel it is needed more, even if we disagree on matters at hand.

He got his 5 minutes of fame, and his message was heard loud and clear. It's hard to make changes though, when you watch such man murder innocent people just to get his message heard. 

Report Post Tip

"Some lost their lives at the hand of this rogue. Even from The Broadway Mob. If we want to honour them and not just let them be forgotten, we should look closely at the motives for the attack. And if there is something we can improve upon, we should take that into consideration."

I agree with you, if we can improve, by all means.. help us improve!

But, some people are just content finding a new whipping boy to blame for their inability to rise to the top. In this case, it happens to be Tobias. Two weeks ago it was Disorder, before that, it was Fitz, and before that it was Gato and so on, and so on.

Report Post Tip

a Dark figure walks up, takes of his hat only to reveal a hardened face highlighted by a grotesque scar.

It seems that all these events can teach us is that within each of us there is an endless potential for destruction. Every few weeks someone is pushed, pushed by loss or fear or general discontent until they can be pushed no more. Some disappear into the night only to come back more vengeful more hateful and more lethal, while others just simply implode grabbing any soul they can take with them.

I found some notes from my great great grandfathers collection where he made mentions of such people. People with the audacity and strength to take out godfathers at will. It seems to offend is not a simple tree where the crows only look down upon. I hope we have not returned to such chaotic way.

He puts his hat on and slowly wonders off into the darkness.

Report Post Tip

Approaching the crowd in his duster jacket with a tightly rolled smoke hanging from his lips, Charlie Prince stands and listens. He chuckles as some make fool of themselves ranting about garbage while also chuckling at those repeating the rogue's own words as if they were noble and valid..

"It's hard to adjust when the words we are suppose to learn from came at the hands of a terrorist. I can see leaders going out of their way now to insure that they know, like the back of their hand, the person that they are considering to don a Crew Leader position upon. Chances are with the need for housing and expanding that it will go to more and more that they have known for generations. As I look around, I don't see many that haven't at least been in the position once before, even if it was very long ago, so I see your point there, but we are in a time of uncertainty and those currently trying to run the country want to make sure those being given the chance are able, and not a flight risk. Something that would be nice is to see them open up Philadelphia as a city where anyone can go and make their bones running a crew. Unlike previous times that I read upon in my journal where they are able to govern themselves, they instead report to those running the country for approval on things like removing one another. This way we can actual see folks showcase their skill in leadership instead of their skill in warmongering and deceit. I see crews full of mobsters active in the community in one way or another, that adore their leaders and fellow crew mates, I can say I'm one of those. TheMadHatter, she has the love of her crew, we do what we are asked as she is a leader that cares for her people. I'm sure there are others out there and I think it's important you members under them voice it too. You can't blame a couple people as the reason for the quiet and muteness we are seeing. It's a problem we are almost all guilty of. So why blame those at top? When the time comes, and they need to address the masses as a whole, they come out and voice their reasons. Though when they aren't they at busy running this country and thing of ours while trying to keep us all safe as a whole. No matter your opinion on Tobias or what he said, I respect the fact he came out here and shared the reasons why him and the others removed Philly as we all know it wasn't just him involved in it, it was a community coming together to say it's time to remove those out for themselves when the objective is work as a unit. That's my opinion, agree or disagree it's the beauty we now have once again.."

Report Post Tip
Thank you for the response Mr White. I offer my condolences to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. Of course no one can condone the murder of innocents and I for one will not. I've not seen many rogues in my time on these shores but from what research I have done they seem to have been random killers or as it seems wounders in most cases. In this statement I seemed to detect genuine reasoning. It seems to me that the deceased tried to make his point for the greater good rather than murderous rage. Now I am in no way saying he was some kind of Ghandi figure but he was well spoken and offered genuine reasoning.

I appreciate that my questions have brought some experienced gangsters to this conversation and I am grateful for the education that yourself and the other contributors are providing. Death is a punishment I would expect all rogues to encounter and do it should be. After all in our way of life our Boss is King and should never be disrespected or embarrassed by our actions.
Report Post Tip

"I second opening the city of Philly for anyone, including first time leaders to setup. This could offset the trend we are seeing and give the city new life, and its own identity.

Not that we hold the power to get it done, but I think it's a good idea and support it. Why the fuck not, eh?"

Report Post Tip

Filthy why you'd expect random bystanders to offer you advice in the streets is beyond me... But since that seems to be the only thing you're after:

Rogues die. Don't Rogue. 

Your crew, your brothers and sisters should offer up advice. That's who you should be fraternizing with and learning from, not random's in the street. I've gone through my journals of my family who came before me and I've found many accounts of rogue activity in the underworld. It's monotonous as every one of them feels like some sort of vigilante attempting to "Free" the people and bring prosperity back to the streets where already so many people are content and happy with how this life has treated them. 

They always give the same BS reasons for what they do. They always kill people who are willing to work hard because they feel, justified or not, that the chips are stacked against them. Like some sort of mentally unstable insano-crazy person who decides he wants to shoot up a mall or cinema. Explain to me the sense in killing several innocents because you feel slighted. How does that make any logical sense? 

This was an attempt to try and keep the attention off of a person who deserved none. Wi Tu Lo was swine and the lowest of the low because of what they did. They deserve no respect for roguing. No attention. If you see something wrong, you bring it up to those in charge or take it to the streets for healthy debate. And what happened to impressing your bosses to a point where they think you deserve leadership. They say when you're ready, you don't just up and decide you're ready for leadership then kill people when you don't get it. There is always people who feel entitled for whatever reason. 

Here's another piece of advice; work for what you want. Don't expect handouts even if you think you're ready for any sort of responsibility. 

Rogues' reasoning, "We don't like Disorder!" 

*Disorder Dies*

"We don't like who is in charge now!" 

When does it end? When will all these people move on. And when did Roguing become a logical way to "protest"? These streets are going down the drain real quick when Roguing becomes a socially acceptable way to protest. What garbage. 

Oberta. 

Report Post Tip
Amen
Report Post Tip

I don't amen to that at all.

While I'd gladly subscribe to how Dubliner describes how our world should be, is it really like that?
The majority like our streets according to him, but I wonder what they like? Do they like their influence, their involvement, their decisionmaking? What is it that makes people be happy these days? For so far I see, most people are pushed around and for some reason they accept it. If their was genuine encouragement of identity I'd except the human occurance of disagreement, open debate and innovation. But we see close to nothing of that. We decided to participate in the criminal underworld, because civilian live didn't cut it for us. 

But once we are here, we suddenly commit to the smae culture of being told how life should be. Either the unlikely thing happened that we actually all agree or we're simply to scared to make the difference.

Other than that, if we dive into the reasoning of rogues, if the perceived problem isn't solved with the death of one it makes sense that those who see a problem persistent in trying to solve it. While their acts might not actually solve anything, do we really want people who have a problem to ignore that?

Dubliner, I think I love your mentality of work hard and earn what you want. But that mentality alone wouldn't cut it. There needs to be an actual environment that is receptive to that mentality. "Earning it" can have two very different interpretations; either someone is their own skillful separate, but loyal entity or one is a loyal sheep that will choose life-preservancy over what they define as a life worth living. Now the last group will never admit to be in that group, but they and many others now... this is the group they belong too. 

Now we don't need rebels that are always fighting each other. But the amount of agreement amongst the most influential people of our world hints that personal opinion is being sacrificed for the greater good of longetivity. While that seems to make sense, does it really in the context of our world? Is this really the palce where longetivity would go before identity?

JackRoover my brother I am new to thing we have going here and don’t profess to know it all but in a learning process.  I live in today.  Having spent the last 5 years incarcerated life is pretty good.  From what I hear a lot of fucked up things have happened in the past but I can’t get bogged down in that shit because I have no control. 

I didn’t know Wi-Tu-Lo but all I see is he had a death wish.  If it looks like bullshit, smells like bullshit, its bullshit.   Well I'm done now, right he’s dead.  I've had my fun,   what type of nonsensical statement is that?   I've made room for a few deserving people to get made, total bullshit. 

Again I say Amen to this statement “When does it end? When will all these people move on. And when did Roguing become a logical way to "protest"? These streets are going down the drain real quick when Roguing becomes a socially acceptable way to protest. What garbage.

What I do know it’s fucked up to take your frustrations out on the weaker.  It’s fucked up to take your frustrations out on those who are not in a decision making compactly.  It’s fucked up to come to the streets and brag about it and people think it’s cool.

We work in the street together and should have a mutual respect for each other.   Behind bars the motto I learned to live by is start no shit and there will be no shit.  

I am not going to live on the outside with comrades believing it’s cool to kill innocent people because you’re fucked up,  have a beef and a death wish.

People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra are those who behave badly and don’t hold to moral values.

My apologies to the ladies.  I am also trying to learn to curb my tongue but have the tendency to get a little excited when I speak.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why Wi-Tu-Lo why?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL