Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 05:11:44
Page:  1 
Where Do I Go From Here? Started by: Kenzi on Sep 21, '17 02:39

So much insanity...  Too much insanity...  It was almost more than a body could bear.  More than a heart and a soul could bear.  Where did one turn?  Where did one take solace?  One might answer automatically that one would take such a coveted thing in one's family...  You were safe with family.  Family was everything in this thing of theirs.  Well that was one thing that had Kenzi's head spinning.  She had been enticed into this thing by her beloved sister after her death...  In all honesty she had only meant to take care of the loose ends that were left by the young woman, but had managed to get herself lost in a whirlwind that was this life she now chose to live.  She had lost so many that she cared about, just as everyone had.  But even as the dust settled, she had found a great friend in her Crew Leader and new family.  She was settling in well, but her wandering soul didn't give her any peace.  So many dead while she remained alive...  It was true, there were survivors...  This thing of theirs was not wiped out with the latest war, or any war prior.  There was always the next family member to take on the mantle, to continue the fight...  And yet...  Kenzi felt an unsettling in her soul.

She wandered the streets of Philadelphia having just simply needed to get away.  Sure she loved her family and her city dearly, but she had to clear her head...  To continue to find herself.  She wasn't certain what she expected to find here but she walked in silence with her head lowered, staring at the sidewalk.  Her hands jammed firmly down into her coat pockets.  She didn't look the picture that she felt...  Defeated, confused...  Lost even.  She merely looked as if she were deep in thought.  But oh she felt all these things and more.  Where should she go from here?  Naturally she would be with her family as long as they deemed her worthy to be among their ranks...  Loyalty worked like that.  But what lay in store for her?  Was there a hope for a future as the dust settled?  Or were we just waiting for the next stray bullet?  An unsettling question to be sure...  But it was a likely one in many people's minds.  It always depended on where on the line you stood...  Who you stood with and who stood with you.  This much she had come to understand.  She felt that she stood in a good place...  She only hoped she was right.

Glancing around at the mostly empty streets, she sighed softly.  Why had she chosen here to come?  She really needed to find a good night club.  She needed to dance...  And to drink...  And to interact.  She did love to interact with people...  If they would only quit leaving.  Ah well one step at a time, for now she simply walked, lost in her thoughts, oblivious to those around her.  But perhaps that wouldn't last long...  One would only have to wait and see.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dion was in a hurry, he'd been away from Detroit for too long. He was worried how his business was functioning without him at the helm. He had of course hired on a tender to take care of things while he was away on business, but he just couldn't help but worry about the place. It was his life when he wasn't working for his boss. Too lost in thought about his business and how it must be suffering without him there he didn't notice a girl lost in though until it was too late. Seeing as the streets where not that populated he wasn't paying attention to where he was going until he ran into something. Someone to be more exact, knocking her completely over and tripping himself up. He almost fell down on top, but barely managed to save himself landing with arms out leaving some space between the two. Looking down he noticed the person he had hit was a woman. Rather awkwardly now he tried to disentangle himself and return to a standing position without causing any more harm or trouble. Quit the feet when you are literally doing a push-up on top of someone, but he managed it with minimal contact somehow. Having accomplished his goal he bent down next to the woman and said, "Extremely sorry miss, I was lost in though and didn't see you there." Dion extended his hand out towards her to help her back up into a standing position.

Having pulled the young Ms back into a standing position Dion let go of her hand and switched it into a hand shake position in front of her while saying, "Names, Dion. Nice to meet you Ms, apologies again about that. Let me make it up to you." Dion looks around scanning the area and finds just what hes looking for. A dinner happens to be just a block away, looking back at his unintentional speed bump he says, "Let me buy you a square meal, it's the least I can do." Dion gestures to the dinner and looks at her awaiting her response.

Report Post Tip

Typically one couldn’t expect a good outcome when two people moved down a street in opposite directions, not really paying attention to their surroundings…  Especially when said two people were heading right at a trajectory in which they were bound to cross paths…  Or worse.  And it seemed the worse was what was about to happen.  Kenzi, lost in her thoughts, and this man clearly lost in his, they walked as if they were the only one on the streets that day.  In any case, Kenzi found herself completely alone with her thoughts…  Or so she thought.  Grayson had cautioned her against coming here to Philadelphia unaccompanied…  But she had waved him off saying that she’d be fine.  Sure she truly believed it…  She could travel quicker and more under the radar if she went without her beloved bodyguards, even Grayson…  But it would soon be something she regretted.

And sooner than she realized, she would be having these regrets as she found herself running into something rather solid and being knocked back.  The ground rushed up, catching her elbows and back as she caught herself more or less.  But before she could blink an eyelash, she realized she was basically pinned.  Her breath caught as she found herself almost nose to nose with someone as he braced himself on his arms.  Many thoughts ran through the young woman’s mind…  Paramount was the concern as to whether she could reach her gun before something bad happened.  She didn’t know this man from Adam and his proximity was typically ill advised.  Grayson would have had a fit and would likely have a hay day later.  Then again if she had her bodyguards with her, she doubted that something like this position would have become an issue.  It sort of was their job to pay attention even when she herself was not.  Kenzi held absolutely still, trying to keep her breathing calm.  It worked with predators, perhaps it would work with people.  And yet soon enough a flurry of motion was engaged in and the man quickly pushed himself up without even touching her.  Kenzi lay there for a half breath longer, trying to regain her composure before she pushed herself up again.  She still wasn’t entirely certain that this man wasn’t a threat to her.  Yet his words would soon wash away that fear.  If he meant her harm, she would likely have been dead.  Laughter rose like a light puff of glitter, airy and carefree, although it was very much filled with relief.  “Oh no harm done!  Maybe some bruised elbows, but I can assure you that I’ve endured worse.”  She chuckled softly as she reached up to take his hand, pulling herself up to a standing position.  “I must admit, I wasn’t paying attention either.”  Yea…  Grayson would either laugh or have her head for this.

A shyness crept over her countenance as the man shifted his approach and soon held out his hand for a shake.  She would nod and once again place her hand it his giving him a firm handshake as her bright blue eyes never left his.  “I’m Kenzi…  And really there’s no need.  You have nothing to be forgiven, although I have to admit I have yet to eat this evening…  So…”  Her stomach punctuated that statement.  “I accept.”  She chuckled softly as her gaze found the diner as well.  “It’s a pleasure to meet you Dion…  Come here often?”  She grinned broadly.  Who knew that her little soul searching venture would turn out to be so pleasant.  One really couldn’t tell with life…  It was a funny thing.

Report Post Tip

Dion smiled at Kenzi and said, "Pleasure to meet you Ms Kenzi." Offering his elbow to Kenzi he waited for her to place her hand before setting a comfortable pace towards the diner that allowed them a few moments to talk. "I own a tea shop back in Detroit, I am here acquiring goods for that. How about yourself? What brings you to this city?" Dion said to Kenzi as he opened the door to the diner and waving grandly for her to enter first. Once inside the diner Dion had a look around and realized this was not the most extravagant of diners at all. In fact it was more like a ma and pa place. Winching slightly he hoped the food was better then the place looked. To be fair it wasn't a dumpster, it just looked a little on the inexpensive side. Dion having come from a rich family was used to eating at diners who's tables and chairs probably cost more then the deed to this place. Leading the way again he chose a seat near the back of the small diner allowing himself and Kenzi some privacy to talk while they ate.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Where Do I Go From Here?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL