Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:27:47
Page:  1 
What makes you want to live? Started by: Walter-White on Sep 22, '17 09:03

Dear fellow Mobsters, I have created this channel today for us to share with one another. I want to hear everyone, I want to hear what you love about this world we live in, and what you hate about it. I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I invite EVERYONE to chime in, the time to speak is NOW.

What do you miss? What do you wish was different? If you were at the top of the ladder, what would you want to happen? This isn't going to be a channel for troll posting, or passive aggressive arguments. I want to hear the countries views, the real Mobster's views. If this world is wonderful for you, tell us why. If you feel like barely even breathing, share that too. The time is now to be heard, speak up, or forever hold your breath.

Whether you are old, brand new, middle-aged or whatever have you, please write to express how you feel about the state of the country today, and how it could be better, or what makes it, or what made it; great in your eyes. 

This is meant to be a building platform, please do not fear of being punished or what have you, as long as you are respectable with your words, there will be no need to worry. 

The time is now to respond.

- W.W

Report Post Tip
My kids make me want to live! How about you?
Report Post Tip

I miss motivation for meaning.

There's absolutely no-one that tells me I should earn more, speak more, kill more, kill less, speak less, earn less.
There's no-one that wants me to work harder, there's no-one that wants me to slow down a bit because that would be better.

I assume my boss wouldn't mind me to do better, if possible.

I assume my Godfather wants my boss to do better, if possible.

I assume my Chairman wants my district Godfather to do better, if possible.

I assume everyone wants "better", because that makes sense right. Why miss out on better?

A definition of better; or pushing people to be better - that's what I miss.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think that's a great point Jack. Although this game can be measured as quite simple in some areas, I've found that it can create strong motivation to become better as you say. The Family/City element, compounded with a strong social dynamic, is what what I feel makes this game live up to it's potential.

Report Post Tip

Currently? Only the guys in my family and across the game that enjoy writing. And there are some here that do. But it's a far cry from how it has been in the past. 

Some street topics have less than 10, less than 5 mother fucker jones views. How. The. Fuck?

Although I write and role play for the joy of the it and not for an audience, to know that there is really that much of a cbf attitude on here currently for the forums in general, it just annoys me.

So currently I keep my character alive because it's tied into other storylines and rps with others. But the people at the top, they really don't inspire much in me wanting to kick about here. In a game with a large writing element, they inspire zip.

In fact, once these rps have come to an end, I'm offski, because they seem to really not give a fuck about improving the overall game environment for the collective.

If it weren't for the currently small group of people, and I mean small, wanting to role play and put some decent stuff out there, then I'd have already suicided this character. I've thought about it already on 5 separate occasions already. In less than a month. Maybe this is normal for some, but not for me.

And some of you will say the usual it's not the ones in power here that make changes and it's up to the people crap. Try working for a business where your leaders don't inspire you. Try working for a business where you see that your bosses don't give a rats about you or the workplace, and who just sit in their offices and collect money and seem to not know what business they are dealing in beyond that. And then tell me it's up to the workers to change the business for the better.

So if I were at the top, then the role play environment would be a key focus. Competitions and incentives beyond the game credits and VIP posts to get people motivated again. Creating a country wide university to push everyone's knowledge and skill in this level to amazing new heights, and not making it a chore.

I'd look at putting leaders in positions that weren't just there to further my own goals, but ones that genuinely had a zeal about them and some enthusiasm to share with the community, even beyond writing and role playing. Other leaders who weren't just going through the motions, but who had fresh ideas and a real want to improve the environment for themselves and others.

What does make it great currently is the people I have come to know. They are why I return and will keep tabs on this place when I leave, hoping someone with some nouse can make it to the top of the heap and stick their necks out and take the bull by the fuckn horns. Because there's some cool people here. And even though I don't know then outside the game, I can still feel the love. Some genuinely good souls.

So currently, the GFs don't inspire squat. But some in the masses do, and this is what keeps me going. People like Jack and like you Walter for asking this. Even Wi, the crazy fuckn rogue. All the writers, and you all know who you are.

And if I cared about being a gun toting gangster, then I'd look to make some damage too. But I just don't play the game that way. I'm in it for the writing, and lolz.

TL;DR : I'll be offski after this character, so I guess not much makes me want to live currently. I'll try a new angle when I return, maybe go full IC as per Keats, Gato and Oak, some truly inspiring leaders.

I miss when discussion wasn't scoffed at, since we're doing that. What was the point of coming into ooc about the game and dragging RL into it to poke fun at this man's ideas?

More on topic, I've said it before ic somewhere but I'm a firm believer in being the change you want to see. I've tried to conduct myself with respect, something a quick visit to the funeral home or streets will show you is lost. I keep coming back to share the knowledge I've accrued over the years, I've always felt we do a terrible job at teaching the game. And there's a part of me that thinks some of you do this purposefully. I will gladly take the time to make sure a new line knows both the why and how of everything we do. I can't say I'm AIC but some of you can check your inbox to see I'm trying to bring some of the RP aspects of the game back, something that's been missing for awhile. I may not be out in the streets as much as I'd like (I'm still sorry Seraph, more upset with myself than you are but still :p) but I think someone from my old family said it best "it feels like we've gone from mafia to just a gangster game" and that part really sucks.

Mostly I come back for the people though. I've been back only a few months after a rather long hiatus and have already bumped into so many new players as well as older players I never knew before that are just some of the most wonderful humans. These people are also the reason I'm quick to hop in ooc and throw a rant together about having at least a little sense of community. 

Report Post Tip

:) You would've killed that post mate (in a good way), so it's better it didn't end with you dropping the hotness.

it feels like we've gone from mafia to just a gangster game

Insightful, good sir!

Report Post Tip

What makes me wanna live in this game? Ah, good question. MR holds a very special place in my heart. This is where I can take the steam off, unleash creativity, and read up the masterpieces/viewpoints of others in the streets. I willfully declare that I'd play this for a looong time.

I live for the greatness of this community. For the concept of building the reality of this world through interaction, stories, and continuous RP-ing. I salute all those who RP tirelessly in order to fuel the spirit of the "life" that we lead here. Well, things may have gone downhill with all the takeovers and other issues. But it's not yet too late...we can still rebuild. Maybe things will return to the old times.

I still clearly remember when I first joined the game, taken under Visas' fold. I was fascinated by the flow of the community. The profiles, connections, RP aspects, etc. 

For now, I'll just do my best in helping to make our community as awesome as ever. That goal makes me excited to play always. 

currently ,I'm a Gent who had 3 heart surgeries and forced to retire from my dream job . Printing the news was cool and I was a journeyman - which I was well paid in a union shop..now I feel like, I havent got a clue but live on pills and that sucks...
Report Post Tip

The feeling of not wanting to die.

The hope that someone will reply to some of my threads keeps me alive. for now....

Report Post Tip

The people .. that makes me want to live. There are so many good people in this place. I think I'm going to take a break, and I start to pull away a bit, and, the relationships I have within this screen pulls me back in.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What makes you want to live?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL