Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 23:40:25
Page:  1 
Lesson #1: Who Are You? (RP 101) Started by: LuckyLucy on Sep 26, '17 20:14

Lucy Fazzone, a woman in her mid-twenties with short flame red hair and strangely intense green eyes, walks into the boardroom that your characters are sitting in.  She is wearing a feminine looking white, button-down dress shirt, pin-striped slacks, red suspenders, and a tie.  For the thieves in the room, they will notice that her tie pin shines with a very large diamond and her gold watch is accented with some nice-looking pieces of ice as well. 

A week ago, Lucy put out an offer to the Godfather’s of the United States, that she was willing to take in a small group of up and coming mafioso and mentor them for the greater benefit (and profit margins) of all.  Finally, the day had come when she had them in a room and was going to begin mentoring them.

“Let’s talk about why you’re here.”  Lucy said walking to the front of the room. 

“In most of your cases, you’re here in the interest of upping your game.  Most likely your crew leader put you onto a plane or in a car, and instructed you to learn what you could from me.  Maybe you were told I’m known to be a Consigliere to a noteworthy Don, or that I have survived several purges, & a precious few of you might even have learned that I recently settled a decades old blood feud in Sicily.”  She wondered if it was true that any of them knew this, but if HuskyRadhe2 had somehow learned, perhaps they had too.

“I suppose you’re here because what I will be sharing could help keep peace between the families & profits flowing for your bosses; but it’s also possible that you’re here hoping to learn a skill that will put you in the good graces of the higher powers, ones who are capable of shielding from death’s cruel hand, just as they have done for me.”  Lucy knocks on the large oak table for luck, making note of the glasses that had been set out, drinks, and pencils given to each student.

“Then there are the rest of you – far more experienced and knowledgeable than I am.  I welcome you as my peers and betters.  No doubt you’re here to see what I will teach the young and to make certain I’ve done all that I told the Godfather’s I would do.  I thank you for your due diligence.”  She inclines her head to anyone who ranks above her that might happen to have come to the class.

“You will be learning a lot more about me as we go forward so for now, that will conclude our introduction.”

“So, who are you?”  Lucy asked.  “I don’t mean just your name.  Though that’s part of it.  We can’t talk about you being successful in this life without talking knowing exactly who you are, who you were, and what you’re trying to become.”  Lucy paces around the room as she lectures, looking at each young mafioso.

“It sounds really simple – but I’ve found most people have no idea what makes them tick until one day BOOM!  Your enemy is putting a knife through the heart of you – a heart you didn’t even acknowledge you had.”

“It’s like some goombas… well, they picked a random name and picture out of a book and say, ‘that’s who I am’ … as if their life’s events had no effect on making them who they are.  As if their heritage, or love life, or losses haven’t impacted them.  I’m here to tell you now, my friends, it’s the storms we survive that mold us.  It’s best you figure out what storms you’ve weathered now, and how they’ve impacted you, before your enemies do.”

“No man is a two-dimensional thing.  I could say to you that I’m the daughter of Irish cop and a Sicilian Mobster – that’s a good place to begin describing who I am, but does it tell you everything you need to know about me?  Is it everything you’d need to know to build me up or destroy me?”  She pauses at one of the students and answers sternly, “No.”

“It’s where you begin.  A single word or sentence that describes the man or woman that you are.  From there – consider how your lives built upon you – layering you with interesting depth, the merits of your character and your greatest flaws.”

“What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses?  What do you love?  What do hate?  Why do you love or hate either?  If your enemy does something – how will you react to that, based on what you know of yourself?  Can you see the importance of understanding who you are to what we do here?  Can you see how knowing who you are, will either be the life or death of what you want to become?”

“Everything that is good about our lives – ever interesting conflict we face and overcome – it starts with what you know about yourself.  So that’s where we’re going to start today.”  Lucy passes out a sheet of paper that has a form to be filled out.

“Normally, I’d say the worst thing you could ever do is share with anyone the details that I’m asking for.  Refuse to answer, if you like, but I remind you that we are in the story of life together.  What I see here, I will share with none – your leaders trusted me to do that.”

“Your homework will only be read by me and only ever used for this class.  I will comment on your answers and maybe have a few more questions of you to help you fully flush out and define what you’ve written about yourself.  The other students won’t see your paper.  Take some time to think about the answers and write what will you for me.  When we’re done, we’ll burn the sheets.  With this knowledge, you’ll be prepared for the next lessons.”

She goes back to the front of the board table and sits.  “You’re welcome to walk around the room, talk to each other, whatever you like… but homework is due by Oct 3 at 20:00.   Anything handed in after that will not be reviewed and only be welcome here as a means for those who arrived late to catch up.”  Lucy poured a glass of bourbon from the decanter on the table.  “You may begin.”

1. Your Given Name Is… ?

2. Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

3. If you have a nickname – how’d you get it?

4. If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it?  If you have none, why?

5. Why aren’t you working a legit job/career?

6. When you’re alone and not doing a crime – what are you doing to pass the time?

7. Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

8. Name something that no one you know is better at than you.  Tell me about that.

9. Do you have any relationships (family, romance, etc) what are those like?

10. What’s a bad habit, tick, or turn of phrase that you use commonly that people tend to notice about you in your average meeting with them?

11. Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you.  You feel as though all direction in your life is lost.  What is it?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sal, a very thin man of slightly above average height with black hair, parted down the center and wearing a tight-fitting plain black suit and tie and simple matte black shoes, adjusts his tie as Lucy addresses the class. He keeps looking around the room every few moments, obviously keeping track of where everyone else is and what they are doing.

He leans forward a little when Lucy says, "...I've found most people have no idea what makes them tick until one day BOOM!  Your enemy is putting a knife through the heart of you - a heart you didn't even acknowledge you had."

Clearly at this point Lucy has Sals attention.  He sits almost perfectly still, only moving to keep his eyes on her.

Silently sitting in his seat, he continues to stare at her after she passes out the papers until she actually takes a drink from her bourbon.  His head tiling slightly like a dogs, watching her throat as she swallows the hard drink.  He shudders slightly as she lowers the glass, their eyes meeting briefly before he quickly looks down at his paper and begins filling it out.

1. Your Given Name Is... ?

Sal Russo

Sal shakes his head at how ridiculous this question is for him.  He looks around  the room briefly to see how everyone else is reacting to this question.

2. Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

No.  If someone made one up, then the answer would still be no.

"Who thinks of themselves like this?" he says to no one.  Then looks around the room trying to read the looks on everyones faces before continuing on.

Spider Sal, got it from a habit of getting into places I shouldn't.  Also, apparently from a habit of sitting inhumanly still for long periods of time.

He sits still with his pencil poised above the end of his sentence for a brief span, thinking about the meaning of his nickname.

4. If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it?  If you have none, why?

None.  I don't want any identifying marks anywhere on my body.

5. Why aren’t you working a legit job/career?

Because I have a very specific set of skills and I don't have a face for politics

Sal smiles at himself for his last answer.

6.When you’re alone and not doing a crime – what are you doing to pass the time?

People watching.

He slowly looks up from his paper and around the room.  He stops to examine anyone not looking at him for a moment.  Then he turns back to his paper.

7.  Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

Driving.  I did it for a couple of months, ran over a dog.  The dog belonged to someone important.  I ditched the car and have been walking ever since.

Sal puts his hand on top of this answer and keeps it covered until he hands it to Lucy.

8. Name something that no one you know is better at than you.  Tell me about that.

Never seen anyone who can sit still for as long as I can.  Only useful if you are a cop or a professional model.  I don't have the body of a model and I hate cops.

9.  Do you have any relationships (family, romance, etc) what are those like?

No.  I don't like people getting close to me.  Not anymore.  No response.

10. What’s a bad habit, tick, or turn of phrase that you use commonly that people tend to notice about you in your average meeting with them?

I try to not have anything that can lead to my identification to the cops.  Although, I suppose that habit itself might be noticeable to the right people.

11. Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you.  You feel as though all direction in your life is lost.  What is it?

My eyes.  

Sal, slowly blinks and stares at his last answer.  A full minute passes as barely breathes.  He then swiftly stands up and walks directly to Lucy while folding his paper in half to hide his answers.  Holding it prominently forward to keep a distance from her, he waits with arm outstretched for her to take it.  He looks to the side and not into her face as he waits.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Your Given Name Is… ?

Kitten Lavonne Haldoni

Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

Not that I am aware of.

If you have a nickname – how’d you get it?

I usually go by the name of Wild Kitten.  The story goes that I was 'found' along side of the road by a band of travelling gypsies.

They joined a circus and tried to 'tame' me.  It never happened and the name stuck.

If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it?  If you have none, why?

A thin pink scar across the back of my shoulders.  From one side to the other.  I have no recollection, but have been told I was hit by the

circus master for misbehaving.

Why aren’t you working a legit job/career?

The legit career that I had in the circus was more like slavery than a job.  

When you’re alone and not doing a crime – what are you doing to pass the time?

Day dreaming, writing, looking at things out in nature, stretching, stalking, purring.

Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

Lying.  Although I may be lying about that, you wouldn't know.

Name something that no one you know is better at than you.  Tell me about that.

I am the queen of the tight rope.  I have never known anyone to be better.  I have never fallen in a performance and I rarely even misstep

during a practice.

Do you have any relationships (family, romance, etc) what are those like?

My family relationships with my crewmates are amazing.  I get along with everyone in the crew, and I love them dearly.  As far as romance,

a true lady does not kiss and tell.

What’s a bad habit, tick, or turn of phrase that you use commonly that people tend to notice about you in your average meeting with them?

I think people notice that I am friendly, sincere, honest and kind.  To actually find this out though, you would have to ask them.

Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you.  You feel as though all direction in your life is lost.  What is it?

My honor.  My Sisterhood <3

Report Post Tip

Wrench silently sat in his seat, trying to follow along as best as he could by lip reading LuckyLucy's lips. But it was hard every time she turned around to write on the black board. When given the paper to fill in, he took out his favourite pencil with the pink eraser on the end. 

1. Your Given Name Is... ?

Wrench.... Just Wrench.

2. Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

I don't believe so, no one can walk a mile in my shoes. 

I fix things... things that are broken.. people that are broken... i fix problems... usually with a wrench.

4. If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it?  If you have none, why?

None, i prefer to pierce and scar deformities on other people. 

What? I don't get this question... What i do is my legit career. o.O

6.When you’re alone and not doing a crime – what are you doing to pass the time?

Silently sitting in a dark room, plotting my next crime. 

7.  Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

Speaking and Listening. Self explanatory. 

8. Name something that no one you know is better at than you.  Tell me about that.

Staying silent for so long.... oh and fixing things, see question 3.

Never knew my parents, the only family i have is my crew..
and i don't let myself get attached to anything I ain't willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if I feel the heat around the corner

10. What’s a bad habit, tick, or turn of phrase that you use commonly that people tend to notice about you in your average meeting with them?

I don't class Sign Language as a bad habit - but i guess its something that people will notice about me after a while. 

My awesome fringe tassel jacket! 
No seriously touch my jacket and we will have major problems! *cough* MsLiar *cough*

Wrench folds his paper and hands it to LuckyLucy 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Your Given Name Is… ?

Maximilian Virgilius Adamantine Nurgle

Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

None that I can think of. I bask in my combined simplicity and uniqueness.

My surname is my nickname as well. In some places they call me "Big Daddy N."

If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it?  If you have none, why?

3 stab wounds a little above my tummy. Got it from a botched robbery.

Monotony sucks. The thrill of crime and business is the best.

I collect stuff. Things that I collect are weird toys, wines, trinkets, preserved Durdens...

Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

Driving. I drive like the shittiest shit!

Name something that no one you know is better at than you.  Tell me about that.

I'm better at giving self-development and relationship advice. Big Papa helps!

I am in an on-and-off relationship with a scarlet-haired lady named Eveline Guenison. But she ran away...

What’s a bad habit, tick, or turn of phrase that you use commonly that people tend to notice about you in your average meeting with them?

I smile creepily. Especially at awkward situations.

Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you.  You feel as though all direction in your life is lost.  What is it?

My hands! I do stuff with my hands...total nightmare without them!

~

Report Post Tip
Your Given Name Is… ?

HerbalTheLeaf

Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own? If so, who?

Buggsbunny

Herbal....obtained from my original name.

If you have a scar, tattoo, piercings, or other body mark/injury/deformity … what is it and why do you have it? If you have none, why?

Scar under left eye..from fighting in the streets.

Money too slow

Gauging my next hustle,and smoking a blunt

Name something you’re terrible at. Tell me about that.

Terrible at English writing. Hated since school

Name something that no one you know is better at than you. Tell me about that.

People skills. If i had the time i would know everyone..no one is better at people skills than me..is why my hustle is so clean.

Mostly tight homies that i came up with.

Keeping it Koolaid!!

Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you. You feel as though all direction in your life is lost. What is it?

My hustle...if it don't make dollars it don't make since
Report Post Tip

The man sat in the back of the boardroom and followed the red haired beauty with his smokey eyes. Sure she had a nice figure but this was the city and a good broad was on almost every corner you turned. The woman walked around the room with an air of confidence that would be the envy of many a young dame, offering advice on how to survive the streets of urban civilization but the man wasn't buying this facade.

He was in his early thirties and the gray hairs of age were starting to streak across his dark brown hair. He wore a suit far less gaudy that the fine custom tailored suits so many of the gentlemen in the room wore, more akin to what the working class wore to church on Sundays. His entire body language gave off a careless attitude but his eyes had an edge to them that betrayed his casual demeanor.

Devoid of the almost fanatical focus the other figures in the room were giving her, he casually scanned the room with an air of utter indifference. The boss had sent him here but that didn't mean he had to drink the local gin and conscript himself as a believer. And this woman kept droning on and on...

Lucy, as she called herself, spun a grand tale that the gentleman of the room took in like the gospel, but the man could sense shortcomings within the web of lies. He knew this was some sort of ploy or power play. To lure him and so many of these other schmucks in and find weakness with them. The cogs of power never stopped turning it seemed but he wasn't going to dance for them. Not by a long shot.

Lucy worked her way around the room, handing papers to all present with the promise of burning the sheets when the exercise was complete. All would be forgotten indeed....

When the man was handed his sheet in turn, he smiled at the woman absently, reached into pocket of his coat and withdraw a silver switchblade and a wooden pencil. He flicked open the blade and began sharpening his pencil wondering what in the hell he was going to write or even if he was going to go along with their game. Long after the pencil was more than adequately sharpened, he decided that there would be no harm in putting words down and even less if only half of it were true. The man began applying his mark to the paper....

1. Your Given Name Is… ? 

Finnigan Debonaire

I am my own man, in this life and whatever the hell awaits me in the next. 

3. If you have a nickname – how’d you get it?

Never had the use for anything too outlandish, people always called me Fin and hopefully you can understand why.

Me Da' always said tattoos were for sailors or homosexuals and you don't see me eyeballing every Tom or Harry here nor do I care much for letting the gods piss on me life out at sea for months at a time.

5. Why aren’t you working a legit job/career?

And what the bloody hell does that mean? Legit Job? I threw ball for a club several years back but there's bloody no money in it for an Irish man in this yank country.

6. When you’re alone and not doing a crime – what are you doing to pass the time?

Well bless me ever lasting soul darlin', are you wondering what I do in my spare time? You seem far too proper to be interesting yourself in the likes of me. I doubt you would know it if you bloody well looked at me but I enjoy playing the fiddle...eh the violin since you seem high class, ever since I could barely fit in my britches. It was one of the few things me Da' ever passed down to me besides the occasional beating or two.

7. Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that. 

I'm terrible at pretending I give a damn. It puts some people off but I don't see much of a reason in worrying about most things.

I play the violin so bloody damn good that it would bring the Virgin Mary to tears herself if she had half a mind to listen to the likes of me. And if you don't believe me, I'll have to acquire one down the street to prove you wrong!

All I had in this life was me Da' and he drank himself to death, going on some five years ago. But I'm always on the lookout for a strong woman if you happen to know one...or two. 

Don't be telling the other blokes this but I have a disposition towards the cards. You know, luck comes and goes and I've had my fair share of bad runs but I do capitalize on my good streaks too!

Apparently I got too damn drunk the night before and can't find my whiskey. Your fortune can crumble before you, your woman can leave you, but a man's whiskey should always be within arms reach.

Upon finishing the questions on the piece of paper, the man feels the odd sensation that he is the last one in the room. He jerks to attention and notices that several others have already left and it's just him and Lucy. The man slips the sheet into an envelope, stands up and walks towards her. He hands the envelope to the red haired beauty, smiles at her casually and walks out the door.

Report Post Tip

Vesper slides into the room and into a chair, aware that the room was nearly empty and it was getting late.

1. Your Given Name Is… ?

Selene Lamoureux. (Although no one currently knows that.)

2. Is there a fictional character or person whose life is like your own?  If so, who?

I am a part of all that I have met- and read. 

3. If you have a nickname – how’d you get it?

Vesper. Recruited by Cesare_Torretta at evening prayer in St. Michael's, I decided to take a new name for herself. So far, it fits.

Inexperience. As a young woman new to "the life", I have only recently been involved in anything that would put her in harm's way.

Do you know of another field where a young woman can make a life for herself? Other than by working on her back?

6. Why aren’t you working a legit job/career?

Reading. Dancing. Training. 

7. Name something you’re terrible at.  Tell me about that.

Fighting. I was in a fight once. I fainted. Before it started.

Hiding. My father worked as a night watchman for several businesses. You're not supposed to bring your daughter along with you. As said daughter, I learned to move quietly and stay out of sight. I don't know if no one is better than me, but it's what I'm best at, along with dancing. 

9. Do you have any relationships (family, romance, etc) what are those like?

My mother died when I was born. My father died a few weeks ago. If I have any relationships, then they are in my future and not my past.

None that I'm aware of. If I knew I had a bad habit, I would try to remove it.

11. Tomorrow you wake up and something/someone is gone or is now unobtainable to you.  You feel as though all direction in your life is lost.  What is it?

My father's pocketwatch. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Lesson #1: Who Are You? (RP 101)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL