Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 21:28:08
Page:  1 
Discuss: Is it possible to be a Mafioso and religious? Started by: Lincoln_Osiris on Oct 13, '17 21:14

Lincoln_Osiris had enough! FLOF trolls and the usual doomsday debbie downers were trying to dominate the street conversations. He wanted to contribute to the streets with a little life, and present a question he had on his mind for a while:

"Gather around, people, gather around. I have one question for you: Is it possible to be a Mafioso and a religious person?"

Lincoln gave a little pause and analysed the expression on those present.

"The conumdrum should be evident, but if it isn't let me explain:

- As mobsters, we do a lot of unpleasant things, that most religions would frown upon... So maybe most think that a mobster can't be religious or he will be a hypocrite;

- On the other hand, and this is where I lean towards, a lot of our ancestors arrived in the US and they were treated like 3rd class people, simply because of their heritage, so since law enforcement wouldn't help our people, the mafia had to. There's still an argument as to why we still need that protection. So we can be religious and still feel that the unpleasant things we do, we do out of a need to survive. Having a moral code in what we do is also certainly a must-have."

Lincoln made another small pause and continued.

"Enough what I think, what do you think?"

Report Post Tip

Historically our people have been and still are very catholic. Now to be a mafioso and a man or woman of faith is a personal question thats unique to every person. 

Report Post Tip

Capazzo stood in the corner listening to Don Lincoln. He posed a very interesting question and at first Capazzo was a bit puzzled but the more the Don spoke the more it became clearer for Capazzo. He then took a pull of his cigar as he listened to the next speaker Oberon. Capazzo nodded, once Oberon was finished speaking Capazzo took one final pull of his cigar then threw it out. He stepped through the crowd until he was in the front.

"My fellow mafioso, I can speak for only myself but being religious is something that has many meanings. Each one of us interpret that very word a million different ways. In this life we live we do a lot of things that may not be considered godly or religious but sometimes we do it not to be heathens but sometimes there is no choice. I may be forced to take someone out before they take me or a family member out."

Capazzo paused and looked around as he continued.

"We live in a tough dog eat dog world and sometimes its the only way. What little or much we do will be heard and seen by the man upstairs either way. Regardless of all the things I have done in my life and will continue to do...every night I lay my head down to rest I ask god for forgiveness. I ask for that forgiveness knowing very well I may have to repeat my actions or maybe even worse....but such is life in THIS life."

Capazzo nodded as he took a step back giving another speaker a chance to discuss the topic at hand.

Report Post Tip

An interesting topic you are bringing forward Mr. Lincoln. Can someone who is a part of our organisation also be religious?

In my opinion, it really depends on the religion. Assuming that a religious person would follow the teachings of their belief as closely as they can, I am only aware of a couple of religions that would allow someone to be a member of our thing without constantly betraying their faith.

In the eyes of most religions, we commit multiple sins in a daily basis. We steal from people, we attack people, we lie and betray and more important of all, we kill. And we do those things over and over again. We don't do it to defend ourselves, even though in most religions, even defending ourselves would be a form of sin if aggression was needed. We do it for money, power and because we enjoy this way of life.

So, in conclusion, the answer would have to be no as far as I can understand it. Ofcourse, we all have to keep the faith strong for the general public and act as if we are true believers. But this is only so we can take advantage of those that truly follow those teachings. This makes our actions much easier.

Report Post Tip
I kinda agree with two men spoke before me,

if religious means follow what the bibble said.Im nt sure we could do it as mafioso. there too much guilty feeling if we are religious enough but if religious means being close or believe in God thats probably could. As cappazo said I also did that to my self ask forgiveness for every sin I did , because I did it for keep living thats how we survive in this cruel world.. But you should remember something You still could kill people with kindness sometimes..
Report Post Tip

Aye, religion and politics. Those were the two no-no's in social interaction. Yet, Dub thought he could contribute quality insight unto the gathering crowd on the matter. There were some distinctions being overlooked he felt. He wanted to make it brief as the brisk air was biting at his fingertips and face. It wasn't Summer anymore... Dub stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets as he stepped forward.

There's a difference between being religious and being devout. I may believe there is a God. I may uphold his laws as best as I can however, naturally in this business, religious law isn't always upheld. To ask if a Mafioso can be religious is to ask if a sinner can be religious and the answer has to be 'Yes'. For if no sinner can be religious, how can religion exist? All of us have sinned.

Of all the income I make in a week, I pay 10% to my local church, I say grace before each meal and pray for the lost souls around the world. I ask blessings from God, himself. I think about our pope, Pope Pius XI and ask God to give him strength and clairvoyance in whatever religious trials he may face as all good Catholics should do. 

Without our religion, I believe we are just a tick above barbarianism. To follow up my opening statement; It's very possible to be a religious crimin--Businessman, but it's not possible to be a Devout 'Businessman'. 

Dub winks to the gathering group. 

I do hope this helps you gain solace in yourself, my friend. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Discuss: Is it possible to be a Mafioso and religious?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL