Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 15:25:03
Page:  1 
Hypocrisy in Pickpockets Started by: Dusty on Oct 14, '17 13:12

Walking around the streets to get better acquainted with them she felt a hand dipping into her pocket. Not recognizing the face she walked a little further and felt that same hand reaching back into her pocket to drop off some money. With a glare she narrowed her eyes. Dusty was not friendly to strange hands, but she was more irritated by the hypocrisy of someone reaching into her pockets that seemed less friendly to it themselves.

"Can you believe the nerve of some people? First they steal from their own city member who specifically states not to be friendly. Like why not just hurt the income they had planned for their leader? But not only that they seem to not even be friendly to it themselves!"

As she wandered around thinking she began to stop and ask the nearest person closest to her.

"Do you think hypocrisy should have a place among us? I mean after all we are supposed to be giving respect, but how does someone respect another person that can't even be straight?"

Report Post Tip

Pickpocketing is a fundamental skill among our world. A lot of us like to stay "in-shape" if you will, practicing your craft leads to perfecting it. As far as I know the bosses have allowed us the option to repay the favor without being killed for roughing up someone connected. Is that not enough for you? 

Report Post Tip

I am not speaking of just the act of pickpocketing. I am speaking of the hypocrites who claim not to be friendly to it but they keep shoving their hands where they don't belong.

Report Post Tip

Hmm... At first I didn't like this question but then thinking on it further I realized this question touches upon something good and interesting. For those who say that they're not friendly to other strangers hands in their pockets, they themselves should not be digging their hands into other's pockets. Those who rob get robbed in return, so if they do the thing that they don't want done to them then they are just inviting it upon themselves and have no one else to blame but themself when it happens to them. Whether they pay it back or not.

Although in truth pick pocketing is not that big of a deal. Many people just do it to exercise or keep their skills sharp like Mr. Paddy has said and most of those give the money back and don't mind others doing the same to them, but for those who go stealing from others and cry every time someone steals from them, they look like idiots and they deserve to lose everything they get taken from them, in my opinion.

Pretty good question you've raised here Ms. Dusty

Report Post Tip

Hella steps close and speaks softly to her fellow family,

"Well said Carmine. Better watch those pockets of yours sweetie... my hands are small "

Chuckling to herself, Hella quickly slips away into the crowd before Carmine realizes he is now missing his wallet.

Report Post Tip

Capazzo listened in as each mafioso made their points and gave their opinions. He couldn't help but smile, lately there had been a lot of debates and discussions on these streets and he thoroughly enjoyed hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions on different subject matters and this was one of those times. Once the last speaker was finished Capazzo stepped forward, he made sure his hair was in place as he did so. Finally he got in front of everyone and began.

"Pickpocketing. It's a part of our lives. It's done on a daily basis all throughout the country. Some do it more then others in hopes of practicing the craft and improving their skills. But what happens when someone who doesn't like to be the prey goes out and is the predator? I will tell you what. Absolutely nothing."

Capazzo paused for a moment, looked around and then continued.

"Everyone has a choice to do what they want and when they want to do it. Some have no problems opening their pockets for others to get their beaks wet, some have problems with it and some will outright tell you they will attack back if someone even remotely makes an attempt.

We all live the same type of lifestyle here and thus criminal activity will surely take place, betrayal will take place, underhandedness will take place, hypocrisy will take place. This thing of ours indeed has a honor code but each individual may interpret said code a different way."

Capazzo slowly walked back to his original area he was first standing in as he was coming close to ending his little talk.

"Personally I don't give a damn what anyone does but I will tell you this. IF there is someone who sticks their hands in my pockets yet they are against it for themselves I can assure you without a shadow of a doubt I will hunt that person down and collect my money with interest. After all there can be some sort of honor among thieves...can't there?"

Report Post Tip

Hmm we are mobsters if someone pickpockets me I'm going to mug them. But I'm still going to try to get away with it myself. I don't see the issue here. Call it hypocritical if you want, but I don't think anyone is fond of someone stealing there hard earned money. It's the chance you take when you lift someones wallet.

Report Post Tip

There is a difference in the way you advertise it Mandy. If you want to do things that way, not a problem. My issue is with how you advertise yourself. Why advertise as not friendly if in fact you are friendly enough to be shoving your hands where they do not belong? Perhaps there needs to be a new way to advertise that makes you less of a hypocrite?

Report Post Tip

beats the dead horse

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I have picked many a pocket. With a promt and secure payback within moments even including a failure fee.

You post have showed me the light. Moving forward I will not be your Friendly Neighborhood Pocketeer. I will become the thief in the night.

All your coins belongs to me now.

Report Post Tip

I dont think ones status on it matters, it is a fundamental part of the game. If they advertise it or not id still shove my hand down there pocket to grab what I can. If they are able to catch a glimpse of me then so be it mugg me, but for me to personally indulge in wether I should or should not digg into someone's pocket seems ridiculous I am a mobster, this is what our lifestyle consists of. 

Report Post Tip
I for one find it strange that certain folk will scream 'I'm not pickpocket friendly' at me as soon as I make eye contact with them. Of course you aren't. None of us are. But it's up to you what you decide to do to respond. You can overreact. Then you will likely be the one facing repercussions. You can mug, which is fair game I suppose but a little over aggressive in my opinion or you can test your own pickpocketing skills back and hopefully retrieve more than you lost.
Report Post Tip

Dog hides his face. He knows what he's done.

It's all regulated by our own culture, but I don't think that the policies are mutually exclusive. I can think of lots of things that I like to do that I wouldn't want done TO me. I can appreciate the desire for some kind of mutual respect, but, as others have said above: We are thieves, after all. Just because I am going to steal from you doesn't mean that I will be okay with you stealing from me. Some of us (myself included) have chosen to be open to this kind of interaction, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be the norm.  

Report Post Tip

Nobody likes being shot, but they'll still shoot anyway! Many such cases!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hypocrisy in Pickpockets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL