Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 09:14:43
Page:  1 
Group Hug! Started by: KingFlippyNips on Oct 14, '17 16:50

King Flippy Nips approaches the street sitting on a gold and red throne carried by six of his subjects, which are other Plutonians, and is taken straight to center stage where everyone seemed to be gathered. He jumps off his throne and on to a soap box before clearing his throat and pointing at the crowd he's about to address...

Dear ladies, gentlemen, Mortys and Jerrys may I please have your attention for a moment... 

I've been hearing a lot of things in recent times but one topic keeps being mentioned in each debate and has been noticeable in several arguments that we have seen and that's groups. Namely groups taking power and then when that overall power breaks the group seems to crawl back through the cracks... Well that is what some people will say...

When a few people come together into a position of power and start to create a bond they may talk for hours down at their local coffee shop and or strip club and that bond starts to form a very tight knit friendship that no-one can easily enter and they themselves may name this allegiance and dedicate their lives to protecting it and each other... 

We have seen these people abuse their power and use it to gain new heights maybe cause misery for others but then eventually their time at the top will break and at this point some of them may still remain alongside others which are not and never have been in their group. 

This can happen at any end of the spectrum, thugs and petty thieves can come together and make a stab at causing misery for the big boys and sometimes the pressure they pile on can have negative effects for others around them.

The main factor and the most important thing to take into account is that these kind of groups that we are always looking at and bitching about do tend to people that reside in different families, not always, but the majority of the time. 

So my questions:

Do we like these groups? Do they benefit our way of living? 

Do these groups take precedence over our family; our district, our city? Should they be allowed too? 

You will notice I didn't mention any of the factions that currently reside, have come before or will likely come again. I'm just interested in finding out the general thoughts on these types of matters. Personally I can't say much, my lineage has been a part of many of these kinds of things and sometimes I find it hard to avoid. With that being said... I do think that a persons loyalty should first be with their family with their district and with their city. 

There are so many factors, politics and positions that can change a persons view on how they are able react within these situations but we have to also consider... Do people in a leadership position that is heavly involved with a group put their family in certain situations that many of it's members wouldn't want to be involved with or potentially at risk when they never needed to be? 

I'm just talking off of the top of my head here but let's discuss it further and see where it takes us... 

King Flippy Nips once again started pointing to the crowd before speaking once more...

Oh and let's all have a group hug before we continue with our debate!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Lavander stood staring at KingFlippyNips and shook her head, raising a hand up and speaking softly. "I will not take part in a 'Group Hug' I see no reason to." She crossed her arms under her chest and responded quickly due to the short time she had to answer the questions he asked the public. 

Do we like these groups? Do they benefit our way of living? 

" The groups are okay, and if they allowed others to open up and be apart of it even if it is by means to get to know each other first, It could be beneficial."

Do these groups take precedence over our family; our district, our city? Should they be allowed too? 

"Simple answer.... No." 

She spoke with a straight face and sighed. "Yes its okay to have a group of friends working together but give everyone a equal chance." She smiled small and turned to head away. "Good day to you all." With that she was gone from sight.

Report Post Tip

King Flippy Nips watch as his Plutonian subjects reach out to give Lavander a group hug but he soon clears his throat and gives the subjects a quick little nod informing them to step back and then continues to listen to what Lavander has to say...

As he is about to speak he realises that Lavander has disappeared but he starts talking to her like she was still in direct view of him, knowing that the rest of the crowds would hear his words...

I agree, totally. Yet your simple answer of no doesn't always happen. These groups will sometimes tend to gather around each other and take their own stand. That is what I believe and want to delve deeper into the subject and pick a part why this happens because at the end of the day I think this all boils down to loyalty.

King Flippy Nips raised his arms towards his Plutonians who started to grab drinks, snacks and cigars for the crowds that stayed...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Group Hug!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL