Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:49:41
Page:  1 
A vote on voting Started by: HELLA on Oct 15, '17 23:50

Hella could feel the nervous sweat beading across her forehead as she stepped up on the soapbox down on the square. She dabbed at it daintily with her lacy hanky and began to speak.

"Come in here closer everybody," she shouted out to the crowd. "I've got something important to say."

With her eyes peering sharply out into the gathering crowd, Hella took a deep breath and continued to speak in as big a voice as she her tiny throat could summon.

"Men, you have always had the right to vote. It's always been a part of your birthright. We women had to fight for it. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of women like Susan B. Anthony and Lucy Burns, you gentlemen aren't the only ones who can vote now. With that being said, let me ask you this. Everybody...men and women...and you know who you are...why aren't you voting? Can anybody here give me one valid reason not to cast a vote at every opportunity?"

Hella paused long enough to take another deep breath.

"Surely you can take 2 minutes out of your busy schedules and go VOTE!"

Hella patted the tiny beads of perspiration from her brow with her dainty hanky for a second time.

"It's not only your privilege and your right to vote... it's your duty! You owe it to yourself...to your families...to our cities...and to this thing that we do. Voting will help our families, our communities, build our armories, and keep our finances strong! GO VOTE MY FRIENDS!"

Quite pleased with the crowd's attention and reception of her pleading, Hella smiled and waved her hanky at the large gathering as she stepped down from the soapbox. Voices in the crowd started a rhythmic chant...GO VOTE GO VOTE GO VOTE!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A vote on voting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL