Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 23:02:39
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
duping Started by: Xanadu on Nov 05, '17 14:59

i keep seeing one person die because of duping which makes me wonder how can it be duping if only one character dies? dont you have to have atleast 2 characters to dupe by definition?

Report Post Tip

Unless the second character you were using died of "natural" causes prior to it, and the dupe-age was found out about afterwards?

Report Post Tip

very true but what about a crew leader letting his uppers use his account, only one character died

Report Post Tip

Perhaps the circumstances in your latest example are a bit different than from one player making multiple accounts to play the game? :)

Report Post Tip

from what i understand duping is just one person using 2 accounts, and in order to do so they would need passwords for both accounts which means cooperation between the 2 parties

Report Post Tip

don think 1 pewrson has to make the accounts just use the accounts

Report Post Tip

No duping is when one person, and only one person makes multiple accounts.

What happened in the latest one was account sharing. A completely different thing.

Report Post Tip

isnt account sharing forbidden too though? so still why only one death

Report Post Tip

I think you need to re-read the reason for the death. Its not just duping, its unsecure accounts. If you allow others access to your account, your account will be killed.

Report Post Tip

So if two people access one account that's account sharing so if the two people have accounts they use shouldn't they both die? The reason I see is upper structure utilizing multiple accounts, so shouldn't the multiple accounts die instead of just the one? Unless that one player/account hacked into the other accounts it's cooperation

Report Post Tip

Pretty sure you guys are reading way too much into this. It's routine for CLs to be punished when their upper structure break rules. JTG was jailed because one of his hands was found to have multiple accounts, not because his hand was logging into his account. Think MonsterHair being demoted when TeslR got into trouble for something. 

Report Post Tip

Was it his LHM or rhm?

Report Post Tip

It was his Right Hand. This isn't a suggestion, this is a question. It belongs in the Help forum.

Right Hand was caught doing a no-no involving multiple accounts. This could be as simple as logging onto a friend's using their electronic device or creating multiple accounts to use as target practice. There is no mention of the leader's account being compromised. In the end it's between Squishy and those involved not all of us. 

Generally when a Hand fucks up the leader is punished. JTG got off lightly. I've seen leaders killed for their Hand's mistakes. Jail is easy peasy compared to loss of account or a demotion that is not reinstated after the situation is rectified.

Report Post Tip

Sorry I didn't realize I out this in the wrong section

Report Post Tip
In your example, the account that was alive was killed, the dead account was not revived to kill it, since it was already dead.
Report Post Tip

true

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: duping
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL