Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 19:20:33
Page:  1 
Titular North Side Started by: MandyMammories on Dec 13, '17 04:59

After a long hard day Mandy finally arrives home, pours herself a glass of wine, and kicks off her heels. She lets out a sigh as she plops down on her couch. No sooner did her ass hit the fabric, the phone rang. "Who could it be at this hour?" She muttered to herself. It was Sineya on the other end.

"Mandy, we need to discuss something right away. When can you be here?"
"Umm tomorrow morning?" Mandy replied hopefully.
"Nice try toots, now bounce on over pronto!" Sineya proclaimed.

As she put her key into her car door, she realized the relaxing night she planned was not to be. She also knew Sineya wouldn't ask to speak in person unless it was very important.

Arriving at the headquarters of her GFC, she walks in to find it well crowded. This didn't fit the norm. OliviaGodfrey met her at the door with a hug. "Come in, everyone is waiting!" Many familiar faces greet her. Clown, Capazzo, Bubbles, @Wench, Dog, Sylens and ArseneWenger to name a few. LuckyLucy and Sineya were standing side by side behind the main desk.

"Mandy, it's time for you to remove the old North Side Godfather. He's fallen out of favor with us." Sineya says, as she steps out from behind her desk. "You have to take him on in a one on one gunfight. Be careful. He may be an old bastard, but he has experience. Don't take this lightly."
"I will not, and thank you for this opportunity. I promise I will not disappoint any of you," Mandy says loudly so the whole room can hear her. Sineya gives her a hug, and a kiss on both cheeks, then so does Lucy, then everyone else in the room.

Mandy smiles and flicks up the collar of her trench coat. "If I'm not back in an hour don't come looking for me. If he kills me he will know you all set him up."
"That's not going to happen." Olivia says as she grabs at Mandy's coat.
"Sure it wont, doll.. sure it wont."

She gets into her car and drives north.

Olivia has been standing outside, watching every set of car lights in the distance getting closer. Each and every time disappointment sinks in as she realizes it's not Mandy. 46 nervous minutes pass. Finally, a glimmer of hope... two shining beacons in the night.
"It's her!" Olivia yells inside the HQ.

Everyone came outside as the car pulled in the driveway.

She stepped out of the vehicle. And to say that Mandy looked like hell would be an understatement. Her hair was caked in dried blood and tangled in tight knots. Her makeup was smeared down her face. Clothes bloodied and torn, revealing visible wounds. She looked like she had been through a war.

Olivia runs up and hugs her. Mandy winces in pain but lets it happen. Clown runs over, gives her a high five and says, "I knew you had it in you!"

Sineya raises her glass, as do the rest of the Chicago uppers. "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the new Godmother of North Side, MandyMammories!!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Broken-Glass-Santina had finished her beverage at Chucks and bid him farewell as she headed back out to the cold, dirty streets. She hugged her coat tight against her body, though her legs were bare against the chill. She had walked a block or two when a young boy ran up to her. She had recognized him as one of the helpers to the local crew members. He looked around before gesturing for her to bend down and allow him to whisper in her ear. She knelt towards him and he murmured her the messaged he was told to relay. As she stood, as small smile tugged at the corners of her red lips. 

"Good for her," she said to no one in particular. "Good for her." 

Santina thanked the boy, then walked past him and disappeared into the streets. 

Report Post Tip

Lucy was tense.  She wished she could have gone with Mandy to do this - but no, it had to be her.  She paced back and forth - fearing the worst.  Mandy had been with her for a long while and losing the woman would made an already horrible month even worse.  Hearing Olympia's words Lucy muttered a soft prayer of thanks in her father's native tongue.  

As soon as the woman returned and Sineya called for a toast, Lucy took up a glass and raised it enthusiastically.  "To Godmother Mandy - may you know only prosperity and joy.  May your enemies never have peace.  I could not be happier for you and more proud to call myself your friend."

Despite her condition, Lucy put the glass of wine to her lips and indulged - one small bit of wine never killed anyone after all - and this was a truly special occasion!  After all - this woman was Lucy's dear friend and for her, there wasn't much Lucy wouldn't do.  She hoped Mandy remembered that always.

Lucy continued to smile at Mandy across the room as she watched all the gangsters congratulate her in their own time.

Report Post Tip

Olivia paced for what felt like hours outside of Sineya's headquarters. She tried to admire the view, but she couldn't focus. She was a nervous wreck after Mandy planted the seed that she might not come back. "No - she's got this!" Olivia sighed in exasperation and pulled a flask out of her clutch. "I'm just.. celebrating a little early," she convinced herself before taking a swig. 

As soon as she could make out Mandy's car, Olivia yelled inside and ran down to the driveway, cursing herself for wearing heels. Her eyes opened wide in surprise when her new Godmother stepped out of the car. At least she was a hot mess. Olivia wrapped her arms around Mandy and hugged her, surprising even herself that she was willing to get blood on her clothes. 

"Congratulations, darling! I am so, so incredibly proud of you. You have worked so hard for this, and I know you're going to do Chicago proud." Olivia opened up her clutch and handed a matching flask to Mandy. She then grabbed a couple tissues and snapped it shut, dabbing at Mandy's smeared eyeliner as she continued. "I can't believe we're here! Look at you! You're a Godmother now!" Olivia gushed, the effects of the alcohol clearly kicking in. She squinted as she looked closer at Mandy. "Oh honey... what is in your hair?! It's okay, we can fix that later. For now, we celebrate!" 

Report Post Tip

Roger clapped for Mandy and tipped his hat.

"I know we've never met properly, but I wish ya tha best in tha North, amica. May ya enemies never see ya comin'."

He again tipped his hat and stepped back into the crowd resuming his applause.

Report Post Tip

Congrats, well deserved... You will make the North Side great !💚

Report Post Tip

Mandy!!! With this great promotion, now OliviaGodfrey/Swaglerie should throw you the swaggiest of parties this weekend in celebration of your godmotherhood in her bedroom! And perhaps ThePygmyHippo will finally take her hand in marriage by the end, given enough party favors. Congratulations to you, and Chicago. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulation again Mandy, well deserved.

Report Post Tip

Clown was overwhelmed with joy at the sight of Mandy. The high-five certainly sending all sorts of butterflies to clutter his chest and gut. He was absolutely ecstatic! The woman he ventured into The Northside with had made the ascension to Godmother! The prestigious title was earned without a doubt, and he was thrilled to have seen it happen. He'd give her a pat on the back as she mustered the strength to push forward and onward to the celebration.

I'm absolutely honored to have been a part of your ascension to Godmother. It's a title and position you've absolutely earned and deserve. I know you'll make great things happen with The Northside, and I'll help you every step of the way. Congratulations Godmother MandyMammories !

Report Post Tip

Dog sits straight and stiff against the bitter wind as they wait for Mandy. His tail betrays no wag because he never had any doubt. The girl had done it.

Mandy, I've known you in several capacities, from before we even shared an HQ. It's always been a pleasure to see your around the street, and I look forward to working together in this new way. Godmother, if there's ever anything that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dog places a rawhide bone at Mandy's feet.

Report Post Tip

Jessica stood quietly and calmly next to Roger. Externally she was calm as a cucumber and perfectly poised. Internally she was a whirlwind of anxiety and awkward tension. She was far too new to this city to feel comfortable in such a large crowd of strangers, but she simply couldn't pass on the opportunity to witness... and to congratulate... the rise of a(nother) new Godmother. As Roger spoke his sentiments, Jes caught Mandy's eye. Raising her champagne glass, she gave her a silent, smiling nod.

In the crowd of clamouring guests, all pressing to make their congratulatory statements, it was perfectly understated. Polite, respectful, and considerate. Just right for someone still waiting... and hoping... to know the Godmother more personally. 

Report Post Tip

The old bum waited until the crowd died down a bit. She didn't do crowds well and was a little too drunk to be giving thanks in front of all of Chicago's most wanted so she waited until the most notorious men and women had left for their business.

"Mandy, what can I really say? You took me in when I was just a street beggar. You housed me and made me into the wonderful woman I am today. Today is your day to shine And I will be by your side until the day I pass. Go and make the north side great. I know you will."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Titular North Side
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL