Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 05:30:03
Page:  1 
Ghosts in the Shadows: Part III Started by: Broken-Glass-Santina on Dec 13, '17 22:42

The following few years happened so fast, it was like a blur. Santina had met with the crew leader. Even after everything he’d heard about her, he was skeptical. He sure as hell wasn’t happy about recruiting a woman to his crew. But he had his orders; he was to give her a chance. He made it his mission to push her as hard as he could.

Usually women who were “part” of the crew were really just entertainment for the men, and the leader did nothing to stop the men from thinking the same about Santina. There were a couple of occasions when one of them would try to corner her and have a bit of fun for themselves. They learned quickly that Santina was not to be trifled with, and the crew began to respect her. She could keep up with any of them when it came time for hand-to-hand training and she was just as good, if not better, at getting what she wanted. The crew talked the crew leader into letting her join them on deals as backup to ensure that exchanges went smoothly. For the most part, these deals went as planned, but every now and then people didn’t want to be cooperative and the crew had to be more forceful.

Santina’s skill kept improving. She not only was able to handle when things got dicey, but could also started to see the signs before it even happened, even saving the lives of a couple of crew members. Santina started to become a part of the higher profile deals, deals that the crew leader took part in, and the crew leader began to see her merit. After a few months, he started to warm up to her and could admit that she was very skilled. It took him about a year, but he eventually allowed her to run jobs on her own.

After a couple of years or so, she became the crew’s second in command. She wasn’t picking the pockets of drunk men anymore. She was running high profile drug deals and heists. One night after a successful job, the crew leader asked Santina to step into his office, just the two of them, to talk.

¿Que pasa?” she asked him, a puzzled expression on her face. They had talked alone many a time, but she could sense that this was different. While she and the crew leader had never been romantically involved, they were very close.

Esa, as you know our crew is part of a network of crews that answers to Javier Ramirez.” He paused. She nodded, wanting to know why he seemed so troubled. He kept his face down, eyes averted. He didn’t seem fidgety; his hands, he calmly kept clasped on the edge of the desk on which he leaned. However, he did seem deeply disturbed. “Mira, when my men first picked you up, it wasn’t just to test you for our crew. Señor Ramirez had heard about you and had one of his local crew leaders reach out to me about you. He had said that he wanted us to train you. He saw in you, just from rumors, what took me a few years to see. I guess that’s why he runs everything. I’m not going to lie, Santina, I’ve grown very attached to you,” he paused again, and Santina realized that he was trying to hold off his emotions.

“You are family, Santina. It pains me to admit it, but I’ve always known that Señor Ramirez would one day call on you. I guess I began to hope that he had forgotten about you and that I could keep you in our crew. But he hasn’t. I got word today.” He finally looked up at her, and she was shocked to see tears welled in his eyes. He gave her a lopsided, half-hearted smile. He was quiet for a moment, not really knowing what to say next.

Mi amigo,” she whispered, not knowing what to say. She struggled to get out her next question.

“What does this mean for me, for us, now?”

He took a deep breath before he answered. “Well, our crew will go on like it always has. For you, Javier feels you’re ready to join his crew, the main crew, in Mexico City. You are to head there right away. Tonight.”

Tonight? she thought to herself. I don’t even get a chance to say goodbye? Santina could feel her own emotion building, not knowing what to say or do. How can she leave her crew? They really were her family. But a small part of her grew excited. What would this new chapter bring? She took a steadying breath, squared her shoulders, and stepping up to the crew leader offered him her hand to shake.

“I cannot thank you enough for everything you have taught me,” she looked him in the eyes, her brow furrowed, hoping he understood the level of her gratitude. He half smiled, but firmly grasped her hand in response.

“Thank you, Santina, for everything you have taught me.” They held hands and gazes for a moment more, then Santina had turned on her heel and headed for Mexico City.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ghosts in the Shadows: Part III
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL