Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 14:13:31
Page:  1 
Joy and The Pink Pearls Started by: Joy on Dec 30, '17 23:20

The Heist

Report Post Tip

The sun sets over the city Scape early at this time of year.  It’s only around 5:15 p.m.  The leaves have already turned from their summer green to the beautiful autumn hues of red and rust and yellow and finally the murky brown remnants on the sidewalk and ground.  Now that snow has covered it up and, everything looks fresh and new again.

Joy’s vantage point is at her makeshift desk in front of the window facing The street below.  Her one room apartment gives her a full view of the street.  The public transportation takes visitors and city dwellers alike around the downtown area.  Young mothers hustle their school children and babies in strollers down the busy streets.  Taxis weave in and out of traffic looking for fares.

She works busily on a set of room plans in front of her, making notations in the margin.  She works diligently, drawing in everything she remembers neatly and with detail.  She furrows her brow as she recollects every single facet of the jewelry store.  All the beautiful pieces she could fence and a couple that she must have for herself.  As soon as she walked into the store, she knew she had to have the necklace. The idiot store clerk was falling all over himself as he had placed them around her neck.  She was smitten. Breathtaking and beautiful, a one of a kind string of pink pearls.  The loveliest item of jewelry she had ever seen in her life.  They were her obsession, and she must have them.

Now that she had the floor plans and a general idea of where everything she wanted was displayed, she needed to formulate a strategy for removing them without being apprehended.

Joy’s mind wanders back to the day she first visited Jewels of Fire.  She had taken special care of her appearance before leaving her apartment.  Her role that day was one of a young socialite who was window shopping and decided on a whim to go inside and look around.  Looking the part was key to success.  The fashion of the day was the flapper dress and cloche. 

Joy picked out a royal blue dress with a dropped waist and a sash at the side.  It was scandalously short for street wear, at least two inches above her knee. Her hose was French nude, and the shoes were black T-Bars.   The cloche was a matching shade of blue and hugged her head with just a smidgen of her blonde curls peeking out beneath it.  Her big blue eyes twinkled brightly as she made her way down the sidewalk.

She carried a small beaded bag and was swinging it in time to her steps. 

Outside the big picture window she first spots the pearls.  Her reaction is real; she doesn’t need to pretend to be in awe of them.  As she enters the establishment, the clerk marks her as easy prey.  As he fawns over her, she flirts shamelessly. Laughing at his remarks, she lets him lead her all over the store.  Her photographic mind keeps track of everything for later and she leaves the building with promises to come back with her imaginary fiancé later.

At first she toyed with the idea of a daytime robbery.  Her pulse raced at the thought of it, but that could be her folly.  She loved things that were showy and over the top.  Later she decided to take a different tactic.  She needed to scope out the back entrance.  If she could get in that way it would be smooth sailing from there. 

Report Post Tip

After a few hours the next part of the plan was in motion. I had met Joy a few weeks back while on a business trip in NY. During that period we got to know each other a bit. Trust grew, along with our relationship. One day we were at a place called LaMaccio's, sitting and eating.. making small talk. Midway through the meal Joy mentions an idea for a score. A jewelry store, filled with top quality merchandise. But she had her heart set on one specific piece. A pink pearl necklace that she had been eying.

We cased the place for a few days before she finally made a move and went inside to get a feel for the place. I sat idle and waited while remaining out of sight. As she walks out to the back she taps me lightly on the shoulder while replying "Your up darling!."

That was my signal. she remained outside and scoped out the back of the building while I went inside to try and get a better look at this place. Upon walking in the man immediately asks if I needed help.

"Yes I'm looking for something to surprise my fiancé with.. thinking a nice necklace. Any recommendations?."

The gentlemen begins showing me his merchandise, as I waited for Joy to finish scoping the back out. I played everything off until she joined me on the inside.

I spotted the pink pearls right away. I thought why not bash this guy over the head and take it!?. But I had to stick to the plan, there was money to be made and I was never one to turn down a payday.  

Report Post Tip

While James sends the salesman on a wild goose chase, she slips into the back and manages to disable the alarm.  She also jams the lock, and makes sure it isn’t noticeable.  She comes back into the store area just in time.  He is coming at her with a small box and smiling. 

Miss, oh it’s you.  Is this your fiance’? 

Why yes it is, I see you made it here in record time darling. She looks at the sales clerk and whimpers,  Do you think you could show him the pink pearls.  They are so lovely.

Joy takes James by the arm and gives him her best adoring look, fluttering her eyelashes for effect.

Joy has gratitude for James’ abilities.  He is an intelligent man and she can have a great appreciation for that.  She whispers to him that everything is taken care of in the back and then gives him a quick kiss on the cheek for the salesman’s benefit as he returns.

Aren’t they lovely?  I don’t believe I have ever saw jewelry that I loved so much.  And there are matching earrings.  They take my breath away.

She looks up at him and smiles with her eyes as well as her lips.  She is barely acting and he knows it.

Report Post Tip

As I stood there, the man had his sights set on me, as did Joy. She had showed so much interest in the pearls.. I couldn't possibly walk out without purchasing them. I mean we were planning on hitting the joint after all. I couldn't help but think to myself how could Joy possibly walk around town with these pearls if the store was robbed?.

As Joy made her way to another glass enclosure, I very discreetly told the man to package up the pearls along with the earrings. I now could rob this place with no suspicion. And as an added bonus, make Joy happy.

After a few more minutes of screwing around we finally left the place. Making the romance as believable as possible, so the owner did not suspect a thing.

As we went back to Joys place, I placed the box on her lap. She looked at me stunned, as I replied "Plan is still on!. We will hit this place for everything it's worth. We stick to the plan ok?."

She sits in silence for a moment, her hands wrapped around the box ever so delicately.

"Open it up!. You deserve it.. just don't go taking them with you when we rob this place." I chuckle slightly after making the comment.    

Report Post Tip

Joy all but squeals with glee when she sees the box.  Her heart pounds in her chest rapidly.  She closes both eyes and holds it in her hands delicately.

Oh James, this was so sweet of you.  I don't know what to say!

Joy opens the box and her hands shake.  Handing James the necklace to place around her neck and clasp.

Unpredictably and rather impulsively, Joy leans over and kisses James.  She blushes profusely as soon as she realizes what she did and she looks down at the floor mumbling.

That was so kind of you.  Thank you.  She looks up at him and smiles.

Report Post Tip

A smile crosses my face, as we both pull in front of Joy's place. the kiss happened so fast.. to be honest I was not expecting it. It was very flattering, and I sure as hell was not complaining. I placed the car in park and leaned back, staring through the windshield.

"You know Joy.. I don't have to tell you that this life happens fast!. The way of living is great, the money, the power. But the romance.. that's the tough part!. Because one always ends up hurt. and I don't want that for y-"

I pause mid sentence and begin to have flashbacks, while staring out of the windshield. The sound of my past was clear as day. the gunfire and explosions from the war. The voices of the many friends and allies, whom I worked with and were now no more. The times I was shot at on the streets. The noise started getting louder as I shook my head quick, locking eyes with Joy.. the noise stopped. I uttered softly "this is my life.. I need to accept this."

Joy asked what I had just said. I place my right hand under her chin and pull her close as I kiss her back. After the kiss I lean away a bit to let Joy take in everything that just happened, and to see what her reaction would be.  

Report Post Tip

Just when Joy's heart started to beat normally, James started speaking to her.  She had a difficult time following him, but then quite suddenly he kissed her.  Unlike her kiss, he takes his time and Joy holds her breath to keep it from ending.  When he finally leans back, she looks up at him smiling.  She reaches over and grabs his hand with hers and they sit in silence for awhile.  Joy tries telling herself that you shouldn't mix business with pleasure.  But she isn't listening to herself.  Not at all.  The impulsive part of her will have none of that comon sense coming from the other side of her brain.  He is a young and handsome man, and she will just live with the outcome of their romance.

This is my life too James, She says softly. don't you think we should get back and get everything ready for tonight?

With that they speed back to her apartment and get ready for the heist.  When they are all ready, they jump back in the car and head for the jewelry store.  Joy still feels the kiss on her lips and she can't stop smiling.

Report Post Tip

The car was in motion for the jewelry store, as I went over the plan.

"Ok so if everything went according to plan, the alarm should be deactivated, and the back door should be accessible. We go in thr-". I could see Joy still smiling from ear to ear.

"Focus Joy!, business first.. pleasure later." I chuckle before I continue with the game plan.

"Ok so we go in the back door, and hit every case possible. stick to the high quality merchandise. No sense grabbing the lower end stuff. Once we have everything we haul ass out of there and stash the goods until the heat dies down. Ok?."

I wait to hear if Joy is on the same page, and also see if she had anything to add.

Report Post Tip

Joy looks over at James and sticks out her tongue at him impishly.  She can ignore what’s going on between them if he can, and it’s probably for the best anyway.  She gets back to the business at hand and just turns her emotions off for the moment.

Yes James, I disabled the alarm and we should be able to get into the building without much fuss.

After that, they travel in silence.  Joy looks out the window to avoid meeting his gaze again.

They are both dressed completely in black, including black gloves and face masks.  She twisted her locks up into a tight knot and slid the headpiece over it.  She sort of looks like a pencil, except for the curvy parts and that makes her giggle. 

He drops her off a couple of blocks from the business and heads off to find a place to stash the car while they work.  Joy slides her body against the wall outside the jewelry store.  It’s completely dead outside and no sign of passersby or a stray cop walking his beat.  She reaches out her hand and tries the back door, opening it slowly.  Nothing happens, and she enters the back room while shining her flashlight quickly to get a sense of where everything is located.

James catches up with her at that point and they go about the business of getting as much loot as they can in the shortest amount of time possible.

Report Post Tip

I walked the place with Joy, smashing all the cases. We took only what was valuable. After grabbing everything we possibly could, we made our way for the back door. Just as we were about to leave I spot a door in the back that read "Office".

I quickly turn my attention to that door, dashing towards it with little time to waste. Upon entering Joy asks what the hell I am doing. I take a seat at the guys desk and rummage through the drawers. A big smile crosses my face as I found what my gut told me I would. I held up a small piece of paper with a combination code on it. Joy looks at me, then scans the room before replying "great we have a code!, but to what?."

I stood up and placed my right hand on her face while responding "Watch!."

I walked the office carefully, thinking, moving a few things around. After scanning the room a few times I finally spot a picture on the wall that jumped out at me. A real fucked up looking painting. Wasting no time I walk up to it and go to move it, when instead it pops open like a door, exposing a safe. Joys eyes widened with excitement, as I looked back at her "Would you like to do the honors?." 

A smirk crossed my face as I handed the combination to her.  

Report Post Tip

Joy very quickly opens the safe.  She breathes in slowly to keep herself calm.  She was right to bring James into this, apart from her affection for him, he is very level headed and clever.  She applauds her choice of a consort.  When it pops open they peer inside.

James, this is the mother lode.  They must have left it here because of the holiday.  Oh my goodness, there has to be a million dollars or more here! 

She quickly takes out another bag and begins filling it with the cash.  She hands another to James and he does the same.  When they are finished they head out the back door once again, only this time the alarm goes off.  Joy hadn't thought of this, it must have an automatic reset.  Cursing herself as she and her companion run as fast as they can with their haul.  They throw the take into the trunk and James drives like their lives depend on it into the night.

Report Post Tip

After a speedy getaway, we finally arrive at Joy's apartment. We remove the masks and gloves, before making our way up to her place. After stashing the goods we both take I seat, I proceed to scan the apartment.

"So we cant do anything with these gems until the heat dies down!. You should look into getting yourself a more.. spacious place, know what I mean?."

I wanted Joy to get herself a nice place to call home, not that I thought her current one was terrible. But with this cash she could afford something a bit more spacious and entertaining. Besides I had what I needed. A nice hotel in LA, along with a home. And now it seemed as though I had Joy as well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Joy and The Pink Pearls
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL