Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:57:53
Page:  1 
Another day in the life Started by: James-Sullivan on Jan 03, '18 00:34

After a brief drive, Joy and I pulled in front of Sal's Diner. After parking I walked in with joy with our arms interlocked. The owner who I knew well from when I lived in NY locked eyes with me, recognizing me almost instantly.

"Jimmy!...been awhile, the fuck you been?. Have a seat at the bar huh?. Who's this you got with you?."

I removed Joy's coat while answering all the questions.

"It has been awhile Sal hasn't it?. This is Joy.. my better half!, the one who makes me behave." I chuckle, as does Sal. "Ill take a booth today."

After Joy sits down, I join her on the opposite side, fixing my tie as Sal drops two menu's on the table. He asks "What can I get ya?."

I look to Joy while replying "You go first sweetie."

I wanted to get the orders in before speaking to Joy about something. Also wanted Sal to get his ass in the kitchen. He was a friend but not one I needed to hear all my business.

Report Post Tip

Joy rolls her eyes slightly at James when he says she makes him behave.  They both know he does whatever he wants to, and so does she for that matter.  It seems as though James wants to please her, and she in turn wants to please him as well.  So, maybe he is right in that respect.  He is also just blowing smoke for his friend, with some unwritten man code.  She picks up the menu, perusing it for several minutes.

I would like a Cobb salad, and an iced tea please.  Furrowing her brow for a brief moment, she continues.  Why don't you give me an order of chicken fingers as well.  Joy looks over to James as he gets ready to order his food too.

Report Post Tip

Placing my menu down I look to Sal.

"Ill have a cheeseburger with fries. And uh.. Coffee!."  After handing the menu's to Sal he takes off for the kitchen. I proceed to lock eyes with Joy. A smirk crosses my face.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something!. I think its something you may find exiting." I lean back as Sal places our drinks on the table. I prepare my coffee with cream and sugar as I wait to see what kind of response Joy would give.

Report Post Tip

After the man takes threir menus and leaves James begins telling her that he wants to talk to her.  She can't imagine what it might be, there is a twinkle in her eye as she responds.

What is it darling?  You know I am impatient

Joy starts bouncing around a little bit as she looks into his eyes, waiting for him to tell her what's going on.  She knows it must be something important, and she can barely wait for him to tell her. 

Report Post Tip

"As you know I have a lot going on, with the auto shop and the hotel in LA. It is a lot to take on alone. Now I am not in NY much, only for business... you know that!. So that being said, the Empire Lounge. I want you to run it!... this way I can focus on the hotel."  I place my hand over hers. "And many other things!."

I smile, with as much charm as possible.

"But this is a decision you have to make. If you don't want to I understand completely."

I rub the top of her hand while scanning the place. I was always cautious of my surroundings, especially in places I conduct business. Never know what might happen.  

Report Post Tip

Joy's heart drops just a little bit as he grabs her hands in his.  She can feel it pulsating in her chest as he gazes into her eyes.  Joy knows it is a great honor, and she knows she would be good at it.  It just wasn't exactly what she was expecting.

Smiling at James, she takes a deep breath and begins her answer.

I think that would be amazing.  I know it's something I would love, and I am honored that you trust me this much.  Of course, I would love to run The Empire Lounge!

Report Post Tip

Just as I am about to respond, the waiter places the food on the table. I wait until he leaves to continue.

"That's a relief to hear. I know the place will be in good hands with you running the place. Now that all that is out of the way I wanted to ask you if you would accompany me back to LA tonight?. There is one more surprise I have for you. Something that I think you will really like!."

I took a bite of my burger, then set it down on the plate and tasted the coffee. Keeping eye contact with Joy, patiently awaiting an answer.

I could see Sal on the corner of my eye standing behind the bar. He wanted to make conversation so bad. He was always a talker, great guy. One you liked to talk to at times, and other times wanted to strangle.

Report Post Tip

Barely able to speak as her nerves are getting the best of her, Joy nods her head almost inperceptibly.  I would love to come back to LA with you James.   She looks down through her lashes, feeling her face flush slightly as he looks at her. She places her napkin on her lap and puts her fork in the salad, taking a amall bite of it.

Report Post Tip

After eating our meals, Joy and I sat and talked for awhile. I even had to cut off Sal a few times, as he insisted on being in a conversation. Plus the diner was dead to begin with, was starting to see why.

As I glance out the window, I see a well dressed man. He had on a long black overcoat and a fedora. I got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was up. He began to make his way for the entrance, fixing his coat, I see a pistol tucked in his pants of to the side. Maintaining my composure I look to Joy, calmly replying "Joy... listen to me ok?. I need you to go outside and start the car... wait for me, don't ask no questions, and don't speak to anyone ok?."

I place my hand over hers before standing to my feet. Me and the guy catch eyes through the window as I head for the restroom, leaving Joy plenty of time to escape un harmed.

Sal speaks up jokingly, "what Jimmy!, my food make you sick?."

While walking for the restroom I reply to Sal. "Just taking a leak!."

I had just enough time to watch Joy get out safely before going into the restroom.  

Report Post Tip

James' friend Sal keeps interrupting their conversation, but they manage to have a lovely evening in spite of it. 

All of a sudden James' whole demeanor changes, and Joy isn't sure why.  He asks her to go outside and start the car.  He seems agitated. 

She smiles and kisses his cheek and then heads to get her coat from the coat check.  When she picks up her coat, she checks the pocket for her 380 pistol.  As she runs her fingers along it, she feels a little more safe and at ease.

Wondering what was bothering James as she started the car.  She moved over from the driver's seat so James would be able to slide in beside her.  Joy waits patiently, fiddling with her handbag, searching for a cigarette and a match. 

She never takes her eyes off the building as she waits for the only person who really matters to her in this world.

Report Post Tip

After walking into the hallway that led to the restroom, I took a quick turn and hid behind the door of the women's bathroom. I patiently waited until I heard the clack on the floor from the guys dress shoes. He knocked on the door like a smartass, then opened the door slowly as I heard the creek. I carefully made my way across the hall and caught the door to the men's room, making sure the door sis not hit the striker.

I watched quietly at the door as he pulled out his pistol and began opening the stall doors. I eased in as he got close to the last door. As he swung the door open, I grabbed him from behind!, putting him in a chokehold position. As luck would have it he dropped his gun in the stall. I held on tight as he bounced me of the wall, well walls I should say. After sprinting forward we crashed through the partially opened stall door. Gathering as much energy as possible I got the guy down to his knees, stuffing his head in the toilet water.

He reached for his gun but it was out of reach, against the back wall. He fought for quite awhile, flinching and kicking as much as he could. But after a little bit he started fading, as he was taking in quite a bit of water. He finally went from flailing around, to laying motionless.

I grabbed his pistol and stood up, pointing it at him incase he tried anything stupid, but he was a dead as a doornail at this point. I sat him up and placed him on the toilet, pulling his trousers to his ankles... had to make it look like an accident. I closed the door, washed my hands... stood in the mirror and took a deep breath.

As I made my way out of the restroom and to the exit Sal spoke up. "see that guy in the john?... fucking weird that one huh?."

I paid for the meal me and Joy had and looked at Sal.

"I didn't pay attention Sal!... guy went to take a shit, you want me to converse with him?. I'm late for a meeting, got to go!."

I went outside and got in the car, hightailing it out of there with Joy... waiting for the questions to start.

Report Post Tip

As James gets into the car and shifts it into gear, Joy looks at him.  He is red in the face and extremely quiet for several minutes.  Joy is a patient girl, and saw no need to interrogate him until he was ready.  Finally she noticed him visibly relax and she began to ask him a few questions.

I don't worry too much about you because I know you can take care of yourself, but what was going on back there?  What did you see?  I was very relieved when you finally came out to the car.  My first instinct was to go help you.  Good thing you gave me something to do, or I would have been in there for sure.

Joy waits for his response, and slides her left hand beneath his forearm, so happy he returned to her unharmed.

Report Post Tip

I continued to drive, quiet and focused. Looked as though I was on auto pilot. After calming quite a bit I slightly look to Joy, but keep my focus on the road as I answer her questions as best I could.

"This life you make friends, and enemies!... that back there was an enemy!. Been awhile since I been in New York. After the move to LA things changed a bit here. I don't know what who sent that guy, but its not the time to go looking for answers."

I turned down a side road, nearing  Joy's place.

"You still up to come back to LA with me?.

I had a feeling Joy still wanted to go but I wanted to let her decide. If she decided to go I wanted to give her some time to pack, so she could be comfortable during her visit.

Report Post Tip

Joy gives James a quizzical look.  For a moment she thinks he is trying to get rid of her, but that doesn’t make much sense.  He is holding her hand and gently rubbing it with his.  She looks up and smiles at him, a genuine smile.  He makes her heart race, and she is fairly certain he feels the same way about her.

Yes I would like to come back to LA with you.  Unless you have changed your mind for some reason?  I will need about an hour to pack, if that suits you.

Joy goes about packing not waiting for his answer, but she doesn’t forget what happened tonight.  She doesn’t know exactly what it was, but she knows they both need to be more careful.  This business they are in doesn’t allow much for second chances. She finishes packing her bags and brings them out into the front door and sets them down, looking at James who appears to be lost in though.

I think this should be enough to get me by for a few days.  I think I am ready.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Another day in the life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL