Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 23:01:15
Page:  1 
I Left My 'Heart' In Neutral Territory: San Francisco Started by: Frankie-Messina on Jan 15, '18 07:57

Frankie took a deep breath, smoothed out her little black dress, and reached for the door handle with all the calm she could muster.  She pulled and entered another world.

The bass thundered in a constant rhythm that threatened to change the pace of one's heart.  Smoke was what you saw first as the door opened onto the room - then a very large man, arms crossed who accepted payment for entry.  A sweet and pungent scent filled the humid air; it was the unmistakable scent of what she now knew to be lust and it threatened to overwhelm one at every turn.  The lights were low and brilliant in a shade that would make gypsies blush.  Speaking of blushing - Frankie was glad the lights were low, she had NEVER been to a place like this before and it was cause for a little smirking.  

The long dark-haired Sicilian was followed in by her fiancee Tony-Dicaprio as well as her cousin JacqulineBlack and her husband SullivanBlack - the group was quite the coterie and represented Don Dovahkiin as well as the Messina Family's interests on the United States west coast.  This meeting, proposed and arranged by a mutual drug contact named Cortez out of southern California, was happening in the neutral territory of San Francisco to safely explore the possibility of doing business with a Consigliere named Aislin out of LA.

The venue, a 'cabaret' was chosen because of the nature of the legit front which had been proposed between Frankie and Aislin in their initial communications.  While the talk, which was done by letters, had to be very cautious two things were clear:  Both women were ambitious enough to take some risks for what they wanted and both women had customers and need of one another's products.  The question was ... could they come to terms?  Would they be a good fit to go into business with each other?  A chain of legit business fronts had to be carefully managed and when two families in two different cities went to bed together it sent a dangerous message to other families... so, the payoff had to be worth the risk and investment on all fronts.

Frankie had been told to look for a vase of roses on the table which would indicate that she'd found her future business partner and sure enough she found it.  Frankie kept her eyes forward and off the stages as she made her way towards the table.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Aislin thrums with barely contained energy as she sat waiting for Frankie-Messina. She took a deep breath to stay her racing heart taking in the heady scent of lust and smoke from freshly lit cigars. She grips Ramires's hand in nervous excitement. This business venture possibility was a risky move on her part, but the possibility of creating something that held such promise was simply too hard for her to resist.

The stage while appealing held little interest as she waited for her prospective business partner. The vase of roses sat to the right of her in plain sight. She'd chosen roses because of their symbolic meaning. The beautiful flowers represented promise, hope, and new beginnings. Which was precisely all that she wanted this new venture to be. 

Aislin and Frankie had only spoken through letters, but it was hard not to notice the woman that approached the table, and upon a closer look she was not alone. 

Aislin smiles before coming to her feet, "You must be the lovely Frankie Messina with whom I've been corresponding with, its very nice to meet you." Aislin offers her hand for her to shake. 

Report Post Tip

Sullivan and JacquelineBlack made their way into the club behind Tony and Frankie, arms hooked. Both of them were dressed in classic black attire for the evening's meeting, Jackie with a black evening gown and Sully with his typical black suit with a black shirt and tie. The man didn't have many other colors he wore... To top it off, Jackie wore a pretty black flower in her hair and Sully had his standard top hat on.

His eyes danced around at all of the lovely women shaking different parts of their bodies, and oddly enough, Jackie's eyes did the same. Both seemed to be lost in the jiggling that seemed to capture the attention of the whole room. She turned to smack Sullivan and point out a rather voluptuous woman on stage that was almost bare. Noticing he was ALREADY LOOKING made her smack him anyway. He immediately looked at her with a chuckle.

"No worry my love, I've only eyes for you..."

Jackie smirked. "That's a lie, Sullivan Black, and you know it. You like anything that wiggles just right."

He returned her smirk. 'You know me too well, Jacqueline. I do. BUT, you're the only one I need."

She nodded, "That I'll believe. Now, come on, we've business to tend to."

Hurrying over to catch up with Frankie and Tony, they nodded to Aislin and Ramires. After watching Aislin and Frankie-Messina shake hands in introduction, Jacqueline offered her hand as the other true Messina in the room. Sullivan stood back with Tony and waited for the other two.

"A pleasure, Aislin. Francessca has told me much about you, all good I assure you. I am Jacqueline Messina Black, Frankie's cousin."

She tugged Sully forward just as he looked like he was about to say something to Tony, a surprised look on his face as he hadn't expected the pull.

"This is my husband Sullivan Black."

Sully cleared his throat and removed his hat, bowing his head as he took Aislin's hand. Surprisingly, instead of shaking it, he kissed it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Madam Aislin. And you!" He turned to Ramires with a smile and offered his hand. "A pleasure to meet you as well!"

Sully offered his hand to Ramires, assuming Tony-Dicaprio would bring up the rear for greetings.

Report Post Tip

Tony stood behind Francesca he kept his eyes on her; she was so stunning for him it was a gift from God.   Each day was like the first day he laid eyes on her.  Shaking himself out of his daze to focus on business at hand as the meeting was getting underway.  He nodded at Ramires Aislin underboss who was as striking and opposing as himself.  He smiled at Aislin and greeted her in the tradition of the old country.  He kissed her ring with a bowed head then he uttered in a low voice.

Grazie per avermi permesso di frequentare Don navate in questo incontro i miei servizi sono a vostra disposizione se sentite il bisogno di usarli secondo i miei desideri di Don.

Tony understood the fanfare and politic of this meeting and Francesca was a made woman that Don Dovahkiin appointed to speak and broker the this deal.  He stood upright again and took his step back behind Francesca he glanced at Sully who would soon become his cousin thru marriage.      

Report Post Tip

After shaking the hands of everyone there Ramires looks at Aislin and whispers. "You sure we can trust these guys?"

He looks around, trying to locate every exit in case this was a setup.

Report Post Tip

"The pleasure is entirely mine.  Thank you for agreeing to meet."  Frankie shook the hand of Aislin and watched as each of her family members shook hands in turn.  Taking a seat across from her future business partner, Frankie watched as the large attractive man beside her - referred to as Ramires - whispered something.  She could see why Aislin kept that one close; he was easy on the eyes and most likely capable of breaking a man in half.

Not wanting to seem like she was staring at the two of them while they spoke privately, she looked back up to Tony-Dicaprio and gave him a reassuring smile, before looking back to Aislin.  "The trip was pleasant enough."  She opened with in her thick Sicilian accent.  "California really is very pretty.  It's my first time fseeing the Pacific Ocean and truly it doesn't disappoint."

Frankie sat up straight, her hands folded in front of her.  "Shall we have some drinks?  My treat."  She was relieved when Tony took this as a cue to reach out to a barely clothed woman carrying a tray.  The woman took drink orders from each person and then went on her way promptly, perhaps sensing this wasn't the sort of people you made idle chit chat with.

Once the drinks were brought and the niceties were dispatched with, it seemed to Frankie that perhaps now was the right time to begin discussing actual business.  Lowering her voice ever so slightly, so not to be overheard by anyone at a nearby table, she began.  "When I caught wind that you were looking for someone to go into business with - I wasn't immediately won over to the idea.  Your letters... they helped convince me that I had more to gain in making friends in other cities than I did to lose."  She said honestly. "There's been a lot of violence between the seven cities in this thing of ours.  Misunderstandings lead to offense... offense to ... unfortunate circumstances that none of our families want to see happen again."

Frankie glanced to Tony, who was just off to her side now.  Opening with this confession of apprehension was a carefully calculated decision - sometimes one had to show a small measure of vulnerability in negotiations.  It could often prove to be the mortar between the bricks being laid in a solid foundation between business partners.  Ideally it also dispensed with some of the need for cloak and dagger - the thing which many Mafioso engaged in... trying to find the weaknesses of their enemies so they could stick it and twist when the time came for getting serious.  By putting her weakness on the table between them, it would be made apparent she'd not come to play games.  She meant to leave here with a deal.

"The DiCaprio Family, which I am marrying into, suffered keen losses with the fall of Chicago.  Family - it's everything to me and I would do whatever is necessary to ensure that not another drop of my family's blood is spilled on these shores going forward.  It's my hope that in considering profitable business ventures with neighboring cities... perhaps we avoid future bloodshed.  After all, should you and I become partners - Las Angeles would suffer if Vegas were to fall and likewise Vegas would suffer if something should happen to LA.  While there is risk in what we do... there is also a very real chance we set an example for others to follow in this this thing of ours.  Maybe one that allows for a lasting peace."

Frankie picked up her glass and took a sip of her wine.

Report Post Tip

Sitting there with their new business associates, Ramires looks over at Aislin. "Boss, you ready to get this show on the road, or should we get those drinks first?"

He waves the waitress over, smiling as he says. "Just a ice tea for me sugar." He then looks over at Frankie-Messina "Lovely weather ain't it?" He takes a sip of his ice tea and looks around a little.

Report Post Tip

Aislin recrosses her legs underneath the table and leans back in her chair. She smiles slowly feeling Ramires's palm against her thigh gripping softly. He whispers close to her ear. "You sure we can trust these guys?" Aislin grips his palm and links their fingers, her face a composed mask despite the tense words whispered. Her gaze as direct as ever softens as she looks at Ramires. No one knew what she felt for him, not even him she thinks.

Sometimes she feared just what the ramifications were if she were to allow the world to see the depth of her feeling. She caresses his palm with her thumb as their hands remain entwined. Her accent thicker because of the low quality of her words and the emotion barely contained within. "Love I would not be here if I did not. We can trust them, truly." Her words managing to ease the tenseness of his shoulders, but even still, he looks around the club scouting the exits. Old habits died hard. Once finding the exits he leans back in his seat, seemingly at calm. Ramires looks over at Aislin and says in a lowered voice, "Boss, you ready to get this show on the road, or should we get those drinks first?" Aislin slightly inclines her head in answer and returns her attention back to Frankie and to the business at hand. 

Aislin smiles as Frankie mentions the weather, her accent thick, but very pleasing, and Ramires responds in kind. Talk of California always warmed her heart, it was her home and at the heart of who she was. "The weather here is very beautiful." Aislin says in response, her own accent of her birth country Mexico caressing syllables as she spoke. "And yes the Pacific Ocean is a wonder to see. I actually own a..." She trails off, eyes lighting in laughter at her own forgetfulness. "Beachfront, one of the homes that I was lucky enough to secure is a beach front property. The view is lovely, I would love to give you all a tour of the property some day."

As Frankie straightens in her chair and Aislin does the same, knowing that preliminaries were soon to be over. "Shall we have drinks? My treat." Frankie says. "Yes I think drinks are in sore need." Gripping Ramires's palm, she smiles at him. "And truthfully..." She releases Ramires's palm and place hers on the table. "I could use a drink, but I couldn't possibly allow you to pay for anything. We have already taken care of it." 

The drinks are soon ordered and dispersed and the talk of business began to flow. Aislin listens to Frankie-Messina thinking over the words said. She agreed on many points, but held her silence until the last words were spoken. She put all pretenses aside. She wanted there to be no barriers between Frankie and herself. "There has been a lot of violence between the seven cities, and you are right no one wants to see these misunderstandings, and offenses happen ever again." Aislin thinks for a moment, remembering that Chicago war. "I too remember when Chicago fell, the loss affected many on a magnitude of scales." Taking a sip of her wine she continues. "Which is one of the reasons why I initially accepted your invitation. Anyway, you and I share two very similar goals. We both want peace between our two cities and we are both two very goal oriented women. Which is why I am here now. Over the past few weeks, I have spent time contemplating just who I wanted to go into business with, and every direction taken led me directly to you."

Ramires catching Aislins drift motions for the waitress to come forward and top off their drinks. Aislin stands, "While there is always risks in this thing of ours, I hope that this new business venture between us, will provide both peace and prosperity. " Smiling she goes on. "I'd like to propose a toast. To new friends, to new business partners, and to the ever elusive peace. I raise my glass."

Report Post Tip

Ramires looks admiringly at Aislin, as the waitress looks over at them. He takes another sip of his ice tea before he says. "Yeah I gotta admit her beachfront is truly amazing."

He thinks to himself "Well so is she." He keeps watching the closest exit with one eye and Aislin with his other, as they discuss the details of their meeting. He sits there silent just listening in, he figured sometimes it was better to just listen.

Report Post Tip

Frankie raises her glass as well, "Salute."  Frankie says warmly. 

"I would very much like to see your home here in California."  Frankie says after taking a drink.  "I've been thinking of getting into real estate - perhaps I'll find something on the waterfront for my own family; God send that we have one."  She gives a 'less-than-mobster' sort of smile in the direction of Tony -just for a moment and then it's gone.

She clears her throat, "Alright so... I guess we should move on to the heart of the matter."  She puts aside her glass of wine.  "What you said in the letters... that a business front like this place, something legitimate where cash and carry transactions can happen, I agree.  It's a perfect front for moving the products my operation produces.  However - and this is the part I disinclined to discuss by post,"  she pushed her long dark hair behind her ear.  "Since coming to Las Vegas I was quite fortunate enough to come into resources left behind by the previous establishment.  These unexpected blessings have, however, created a bit of a situation."

Frankie leans forward ever so slightly, again lowering her voice, "Yellow jackets, blue birds, and those little red devils... I have a ton of them.  The problem is, I've got more of them than there is a call for in Las Vegas and I'm afraid no matter the business front we establish - we aren't going to move enough of them as fast as we'd like.  Our producers have a very large... well, a back stock, you might call it.  So, I've had my thinking cap on about how to resolve the issues and your proposed partnership may provide the solution to that problem."

"I'm sure you're aware of stores like Sears?"  Frankie leans back in her chair, relaxing ever so slightly.  "You know, the one with the catalog?  Well, they also have store fronts all around the world.  If you've gone to one Sears department store, you've seen them all.  Now... should a Sears in LA needs a washing machine for a customer... well, one from Vegas is called and it's on a truck the next day.  And should a Sears in Vegas need a Refrigerator, well a Sears in LA ships one out from their floor."

Frankie gestures with her right hand, making small circles in the air.  "Customers know that going into a Sears in Vegas will be a similar experience to visiting a Sears in LA.  There's ... brand recognition which gets regulars in the doors time and again.  Its to the point that most housewives around the country ONLY shop with Sears and it's made them one of the most powerful retail outlets on the planet." 

Frankie glances at Sully and Tony then back to Aislin.  "My people tell me that Prohibition isn't long for this world... businesses like this one will eventually operate as normal taverns were the profit isn't made from a cover charge, but the drinks once again.  When that happens there's going to be a boom in the market and we're all set to lose a shit ton of money.  There's going to be more taverns and burlesque theaters than you can shake a stick at.  You won't be able to throw a stone without hitting some place that sells liquor because every deficiente with money to invest is going to see dollar signs and think he can get rich quick."  

"No one wants to be on the losing end of that boom."  She shakes her head.  "So here's what I'm thinking... what if we did something more than trading product between our separate gentlemen's clubs?  What if we started something the world hasn't seen yet... the Sears of entertainment venues." 

Frankie's grin was positively devilish as she began to describe her vision.  For as much as she was new to places such as these, it gave her a great thrill to think about not just owning one - but having a piece of THE one, the BEST in the whole damn world!  The person who controlled that sort of place would have incredible amounts of power and access to people whose power they could use.  "What if we built a place where men can come to blow off steam or talk shop, a place where business men & working class men of all stripes could feel welcome.  A clean place, reputable, the sort even the cops and politicians won't be ashamed to be seen going into; the sort of establishment which features all the amenities one could hope to find and best of all -" 

Again she leaned forward with eagerness, emphasizing her words with her hands. "Imagine there being one in every fucking city across this great nation - you, me... we build the model and then we let friends of ours buy into the operation with the expectation that they set up their operation JUST like ours - set prices JUST like ours, do business exactly as we do it.  That way if a customer is happens to be visiting LA from Vegas; he can expect to find the same products and services, in the same way as he buys them at home, with consistent pricing and value in both places."

"We do exactly what you proposed... your operations supply mine with product, my operations supply yours with product... the girls handle transactions in the private dance areas, BUT we standardize pricing.  We each get a cut of whatever goes out of our store front - and just like you said we'll be making more money than either of us could alone in our home towns.  Only difference is, I'm thinking we use a consistent business model to move it.  Hell... the name on the door should be the same.  Sears is still Sears in LA or Vegas.  I say, why reinvent the damn wheel?"

"We train our clientele to think of us the same way they think of Sears.  We're the only place they wanna go when all prohibition goes away and all our competitors open up their doors.  We'll have staying power and while we'll take a hit at first, we'll weather the boom better than most.  And, at the end, we may build up a sort of entertainment empire.  We just need to come to terms on percentages, pricing, and of course... a name.  Maybe also some thematic details before we leave this table today and then... we go home, set up shop, and start raking in the cash."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I Left My 'Heart' In Neutral Territory: San Francisco
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL