Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 08:08:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Decline of the Streets; A Crew Leader's Duty Started by: Brand on Jan 16, '18 20:15
But speaking, and responding to speaking, should be the beating heartbeat of this society.

I don't have any money because I gave Melvin it for writing the mafia newspaper and I can't make more because I spend a long time speaking here

Is that fair?
Report Post Tip

You can get much done in five to fifteen min, and its not our job to give you money. We all have the exact same opportunity in this world, the money I make it mine, and I choose to do what ever I want with it.  I assure you that if you actually spent more time on our streets talking and having fun then you would probably make more than you are currently with this line of discussion. 

Report Post Tip
Why are you shouting at me Bearzy?
Report Post Tip
Someone gave me $50 thousand dollars.

I like this person and I will keep working for everyone if they want me to
Report Post Tip

A young woman saunters down the street, slowing as she hears an interesting discussion. After listening, she contributes her own two cents. She raises an eyebrow as she hears the original speaker say that this discussion is only for the leaders.

"I don't think you understand how the streets work, Brand. You've raised an interesting point, but I think you still have some learning to do. Glad to see you retracted that stance." 

"On your larger point, it's not just the money. I don't think we need leaders to start making more tips in the streets; I think we need leaders to start making more speeches in the streets. I've read about days when street presence was expected from a leader. But if there's no societal incentive there, I can't see how a financial one would make much of a difference."

Someone gave me $50 thousand dollars.

I like this person and I will keep working for everyone if they want me to

"Or hey, maybe it does work."

She shrugged, staring up at the sky with open palms outstretched, waiting for the blessed financial motivation to rain down. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip
KateLogan by chance I listened to your speech and I made a correction for you.

But you don't get one solitary fucking dollar ;but I will later
Report Post Tip
Your a bit disrespectful at times brand. You have a bit to learn.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

KateLogan by chance I listened to your speech and I made a correction for you.

But you don't get one solitary fucking dollar ;but I will later

Brand

You did not make a correction. You stated a mixture of your own perceived negative opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, even if sharing said negative opinion when it is not constructive or helpful displays a lack of tact. You also stated your own stance on tipping, unnecessarily. 

But a correction would suggest that I did something wrong, and that you provided a fix. This is not the case.

Additionally, I don't need one solitary fucking dollar from you, and I don't need you to finish your lazily abandoned sentence.

Why do you go write down your stance on tipping somewhere else on a nice big piece of paper and roll it up? Then we can discuss ideal placement for that particular scroll.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $220,000 Tip

These streets are almost as beautiful as America the Beautiful. There is some fine dining and lets not leave out the theaters where we can watch the finest of the theatricals and of course everyone runs into a bit of boredom on the streets.

The term streets to me is where everyone makes money. Whether it be picking up a few mobsters to rob an art gallery to investing in drugs. Nobody of sound mind can object.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to present a point. If people aren't getting tips from people for what they've said, if they don't get much recognition for their words, perhaps that's people's way of showing you they don't feel that you have much worth saying.

Prae shrugs and slips his hand into his pocket. He removes two pennies and tosses them on the ground.

Report Post Tip

Yo Prae we also know all too well the other side of the spectrum. Lets start with gaining vision no matter how boring the lecture is to the viewers. I thought you'd see it my way Prae.

Report Post Tip
Prae maybe that so. But then who?
Report Post Tip

Valathus lets out a noticeable sigh before speaking up

So all of this begs the question, what exactly IS the problem here?

is the decline of the streets as Brand implies, due to the fact respectable members of the community are not willing to pay people for their otherwise unknown opinion?

Or is the decline a consequence of a lack of direct benefit from the higher powers in upward ranking mobility?

Or is the problem far more cultural and deep-rooted?

Valathus adjusts himself slightly before continuing

I agree with Brand on one inference - there is a problem with these Streets.  However, I don’t believe that a monetary bribe is the solution to an otherwise, conscious,  societal choice.  

This thing of ours rewards silence more than “gaudiness” - as it should.  But there was a time when opinions were solicited as a means of whoring oneself to the vain treasures of wealth, fame, and fortune... but for the betterment of this thing of ours.

so you see Brand, while we may share the belief that there is an inherent problem with the streets, we do not share the same solution.

My opinion is not for sale, and neither should yours be.  I am not a whore - I am a man of principle.

And principle dictates that words, when carefully selected and appropriately timed are worth a hell of a lot more than they are when frequent, voluminous, and poorly chosen.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
M
This post has been moderated. Reason: written is an OOC term View Post

Brand, the topic you presented was and is worth my time. I think you started at the bottom of the barrel talking about peeps being tipped knowing damn right well there are bigger fish to fry. Peeps like KateLogan are a perfect example.

Report Post Tip
America what are you talking about?
Report Post Tip

Brand I shout at nobody, its not worth it. Whats Ironic is I also have been tipped for what I say. I suppose its not even what you say or how you say it, nor is it the quantity of what you say to the world, but its the quality of what we say that at the end of the day matters. 

ShoNuff was sitting next to a homeless guy but he could hear the conversation going in with a little group in front of him. 

He takes a little slip from his vast and passes it to homeless guy,   turns to him but loud enough for the others to hear and says

I don’t know about anyone else but I am a hustler out here trying to prove myself worthly of my buttons.

I am not saying Godfathers and Crew leaders are rich but it would make my day if I received a tip from one of them.  What a fucking honor to grab that attemtions.  It means what you said is respected and opens the door for a rapport.  It’s simple send a message.

Thank you for the tip Godfather or Don so and so,  it was much apprieated.  How’s things going with you.  Hope all is good.

If he says fuck off, oh well, but if he replies there ya go,  the door is open you take it from there cuz you really not suppose to just approach a Godfather or Crew leader. 

The homeless guy passes the vast back.  ShoNuff takes a couple more sips.

You see my man that’s why I like talking to you in the streets.  You don’t have to come policially correct.  I don’t have to keep saying “what the fuck did they just say” and I don’t need a  fucking dictionary.

We keep it real.  ShoNuff throws his arm around the homeless guy shoulders and just laughs.

But I enjoy listening to the people in the streets.  We all come from a different walk of life but all have a common goal. I just like those who really keep it real a lot better.

Tipping shouldn't be mandatory but its a nice gesture from the Bosses. 

ShoNuff stands to shake the homeless guy's hand, digs into his pockets pulls out some bills, hands them to him and walks off.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Decline of the Streets; A Crew Leader's Duty
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL