Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:32:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Does Made Matter? Started by: Shaggs on Jan 17, '18 03:53

Victoria some how found her way from her bed to a coffee shop. Half way into the cup she felt 50% more human, but the hangover was still threatening her Monday. With the day almost over Victoria wondered why she even came out and staying in bed may have been a much better use of her time. 

"Order up!"

Shouted the barista behind Victoria. Oh yeah, coffee. That's why she was out. But, oh yeah, ouch! Victoria moved away from the counter and over to the window. She sipped her coffee and watched as folks pass by the little shop. Last night had been a lot of fun, maybe to much. Three fourths through the coffee and Victoria didn't regret anything about last night, not even the throbbing in her head or the throbbing in her hand.

She looked down to her bandaged left hand. Remembered the ceremony she was apart of last night. It happened before the drinking started or she probably would have forgotten it. Another blurry haze of the previous night. The ceremony, the cut on her hand, the promotion. She smiled at the thought and took herself and her coffee out to the streets. There was somewhere she needed to be. 

I'd like to say I've been a criminal all my life. The woman who birthed me would argue this. I didn't enter the life of crime until my 16th birthday. Since then, I've walked plenty of criminal life styles. The mafia, it's all new to me. Organized crime. Sure, I've been in gangs before where there was a clear leader and a few of in the group felt like family together. There were always gang rules, boundaries, likes and dislikes. 

La Costa Nostra, blood in and blood out, it sets itself apart from any other criminal organization because it's family. I very recently made a pledge to Shaggs and received the prestigious rank. Though, it wasn't a one way street. I know that as much as I have his back he has mine. That's something special. That's what makes this rank special. That's what gives this rank meaning. Ranks only provide the option, it is up to us to give them weight. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Walking back to the ongoing conversation 

You know I really have been thinking about this subject for days. 

And does being made matter?
Well

The ceremony honestly doesnt matter, the guy who says congrats youre made and the guy who throws a party have at the end of the day did the same thing
Do the standards matter? Absolutely not.

Why?

Because we treat made+ men like every other schmuck.

Us made men often have ZERO responsibility in our crews, and even less to the community.  If our rank is to matter again, our rank needs to have meaning attached to it!not just I run a few OC's a day and dont make a total ass of my self in the streets. But my rank needs to matter to the point a goomba or wise guy thinks twice about running his or her mouth to me, because I'm made, I am supposed to be outside of war an untouchable. To be made I supposed to be a position of honor and power. It should be "who the fuck do you think you are to fuck with a made man" 

Youre no longer just a soldier whose life is with out meaning but youre now a part of the famiglia who has cut your teeth to prove your worth. But thats jut my .02 

Walking away Bearzy lights a cig and feels content with his point and getting his meaning across to everybody. 

Report Post Tip

"I cannot speak for everyone here, but as one of the more fresh-faced lines around here, I'd like to believe Made is still as important as it once was. My family never saw the glory days when Made was one of the biggest achievements but I had good teachers early on and so the importance of earning your button properly and fully was passed on to me rather well. My blood have had their own crews and anyone who was part of those will tell you how important we consider Made to be.

I definitely strongly believe that the big step into the Family and the welcoming ceremony that comes with it is very important. As I say, I was taught this way, so I don't overly blame those who don't immediately understand the importance in it - not everyone was lucky enough to be shown it. However, this doesn't mean everyone should continue living in ignorance. The importance of Made Man is a discussion that is held so frequently here, even those that don't immediately understand what an achievement it is should pick it up pretty quickly.

Could we do more as a community to spread the word on how much of a big deal it is? Probably. Things do seem to grow slacker with every day that passes but I suppose this is just part of the world we live in. Old traditions die out and new ones come into play. We'll never completely lose the achievement that comes with Made Man but I do think it'll remain diluted and never be as big of a deal as it once was. Such is life."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Does Made Matter?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL