Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:32
Page:  1 
Maddy's Hats Started by: Maddy on Jan 25, '18 18:41

Maddy looked up at the old shop. The sign still in good condition and off slightly. With her HQ now in Detroit she had the time to open it back up and serve the people here just as she did with her mother years ago. They spent countless hours having tea parties in the back and helping customers as they came in.

She had sent a crew of people to tidy the place up before she opened today and was pleased with how it looked. A fresh coat of paint and some new styles of hats was all it really needed. The place was nestled in the perfect little spot on a busy street and the sun shined right in lighting up the place naturally. It was still full of vibrant colors and with these new styles she was sure she would make TheMadHatter proud.  Setting her things in the back she came to the main area and greeted the associates, giving them a quick rundown of how things were to be ran and what was expected of them. She smiled and went to the door to turn the sign from closed to open.

ThE MaD HaTtEr'S HaTs

Open for business once again

Report Post Tip

It was a cold January afternoon and Eros was looking for something to keep his head warm, but he wasn't quite sure how to go about doing that and then he heard from the grapevine of a new store which had just opened up so he decided to do the only logical thing and went outside into the cold blistering winds to make his way to the hat store.

Upon arrival, he found the place to look welcoming enough. Pushing open the door and making his way inside, he saw the large selection of hats and waited to be served on as he wasn't sure how one customarily would act in a store which sells hats. It was warm in here at least, he thought to himself, removing his hands from his pockets and walking further into the establishment.

"Hello?", he called out.

Report Post Tip

The morning had been slow so Maddy was helping herself to some fresh cookies from the bakery next door. She was enjoying them so much she didn't notice anyone come in so she jumped a bit when she heard a man's voice saying hello. Quickly she stood up and brushed all the crumbs off of her and walked over to where he was. 

"Hi there," She smiled "How are you today? Looking for a specific style? The Walker's are my favorite for men."

Report Post Tip

It had been a long and tough winter in Detroit. Nexus had been due an upgrade on his hat which had been battered by the bad weather of late. 

Nexus had an unusually busy week not having the time to shop around. It wasn't until one afternoon he had a few errands to run around town, he saw the new looking shop The Mad Hatters Hats with the signs saying 'Open for business once again'. 

He had a urgent meeting to attend, but he made note to himself that on his way back he would definitely stop over. A few hours passed by, and on his way home Nexus drove past the shop, not paying much attention, as he had other important things on his mind. 

That was until he saw a familiar face in Eros enter the shop. He thought to himself why not a pay a visit now too. So he parked his car around the corner, and made his way down to the shop a few minutes later. 

As he entered the door, he heard the fine lady across the counter say to gentleman in front "The Walker's are my favorite for men."

Quickly from behind, Nexus called out "I'll take one of those, the one in black please"

Report Post Tip

Maddy hears a familiar voice call out from behind the gentleman she was helping. Pleasantly surprised to see one of her favorite people come in, a big smile came across her face as she gave him a hug.

"Nexus! It's so nice to see you. I'll get the hat boxed up while this fine gentleman takes a peak around." Maddy hurried to the back and grabbed a medium black box. Standing on her tiptoes she reached the hat and placed it gently in the box with a little filler to keep it from bending. She closed the lid and tied a green ribbon around it. 

"Here you are love." She passed him the box "Don't be a stranger. Stop in anytime."

Report Post Tip

It had been a busy week in Detroit. Shaggs was once again doing his rounds and checking into opportunities in the city and he'd been busy. In fact he'd been so busy he hadn't quite noticed that he'd been dive bombed by one of those god damn flying rats that seemed to be all over every city that he'd been in so far. When he heard that his old friend Maddy had a new hat sore he figured all of his problems were over with. He entered the shop and began looking through the stock. He'd never claimed to be the most fashionable man and he knew that he needed help finding what he needed. He saw Maddy around the shop and walked up to give her a hug

Maddy it is amazing to see you! I have to tell you I could use your help finding a hat. What do you suggest? I'm looking for a few different options.``

Report Post Tip

Having arrived in Detroit for a business trip. Freelancer decided that he could need a new hat, he walked into the establishment and had a good look around. After a while he found one that didn't draw too much attention, but at the same time was stylish.

He picked it up and headed up to the cashier, smiling."Good day, I would like to purchase this hat, how much do I owe you?"

He smiled.

Report Post Tip

Maddy was happy to see another familiar face walk into the shop. "Shaggs! It's been too long. I'm glad you've stopped in while visiting Detroit." She gave him a hug and directed him to where her favorite men's styles were, motioning for her associate to help the other gentleman that had walked in. "I personally prefer men in the walker's or Fedora's but it's really all up to you and what you find comfortable. Are you looking for any specific color?"

Report Post Tip

Needing to look the part Jimmy walked into ThE MaD HaTtEr'S HaTs. After browsing the selection for a few minutes Jimmy lifts a fedora and walks up to the front. He puts on the fedora and starts counting out cash as he begins to talk.

Now tell me the truth I don't want any lies, how does this make me look?

Report Post Tip

Maddy looks the man over one good time and goes to the back. She come out with a nicely decorated box and opens it pulling out a jet black fedora with silver trim.

"Try this instead." She passes it to him and watches him put it on. Adjusting it a but for him "perfect! How does it feel?"

Report Post Tip

Jimmy shrugged his shoulders as he looked at his reflection.

"Ehy not too bad madam, this hat got me looking nice and intimidating and it's a perfect fit." 

Jimmy drops off a wad of cash in front of Maddy, he then tips his new fedora before walking out of the shop.

Report Post Tip

Detroit had been one of the many cities she adored and loved.

To be more specific, the business district was extremely busy and loud - with civilians rushing in and out of stores. Smiling to themselves after a big purchase, or feeling full after a spectacular meal. Well, for Luna, she wasn't looking to spend too much on food or clothes - but rather, she was on the hunt for a hat. She had been invited to a dress up party by a friend, and she was intending to bring along her best friend, Viscoris, with her.

So really, she was on the search for two suitable hats. The theme for the dress up party was animals, and she was thinking to herself in an amused manner of what animal would best represent Viscoris. He was a charming man, ready to cheer you up when you were visibly looking sad, and most of all - he was the funniest bloke around. Well to Luna, at least. There was an iconic store made just for her interests, and she looked up at the sign which read 'ThE MaD HaTtEr'S HaTs'. The open sign could be seen from outside the entrance, and she squealed excitedly to herself before walking in and making her way over to the counter where she could ask the cashier where the animal themed animals were.

"Just that way, miss. To your left - there should be a range of options to pick from." The lady behind the counter returned a warm smile to mirror Luna's one, and she went back to sorting out hats on the other end of the table.

"Thank you so much!" Luna gushed, and nodded in her direction before turning to her left so she could assess what kind of hats were up for display. 

She was thinking because of Viscoris' charming presence - she would pick a polar bear or something.

To her, they were harmless and cute! Well Viscoris wasn't exactly harmless, but he was the sweetest person ever, and she couldn't resist getting a hat that would resemble an animal like that. In her peripheral vision, she noticed a white hat on her right which was sitting on a shelf. She immediately hopped over to it and took off the shelf so she could see clearly. There was a mini stuffed polar bear head on the top of the hat which was fully white, and there were strings hanging off the edges all around. Attached to the strings were snow balls, and she laughed to herself as she put it on her head and looked in the mirror.

This is perfect! He's going to hate me, Luna thought to herself as she tucked the hat under her armpit and continued to look for her own hat. Maybe a butterfly would suit her? Or maybe even a monkey? She was clumsy and had a crazy obsession over bananas. She laughed wickedly to herself as she checked another section of the store, and hoped that she would be able to find a monkey hat. Suddenly, she saw the greatest hat ever - a monkey's arm used to secure the hat on her head, with the top of the hat being the face of a monkey who seemed to look happy as ever. Luna put the hat on, and checked herself once again in one of the mirrors that were provided.

It was a perfect fit, and she couldn't wait to see what Viscoris reaction would be, as well as everyone who would be at the party. She wondered if there'd be other polar bears or monkeys at the parties, and tried to suppress a giggle as she returned to the front counter. 

"Just those two?" The lady announced with a wide grin, who just finished sorting out the hats right on time.

Luna nodded excitedly as she placed the two hats on the counter, before reaching in her purse to get her wallet out. After the payments were done, Luna lifted the hats off the bench and raised them slightly in the air as she winked to the lady.

"These are perfect. Thanks so much - have a good day!" Luna beamed in a hyped manner before turning around and heading back into the busy streets of Detroit.

After her experience and the service provided by the owner, she knew she would come back here again if she ever needed a hat. Luna contemplated on actually going back and buying a black one, for days where the wind was harsh and would often blow her hair everywhere - but she was rushing to get Viscoris' hat to him. Her car was parked not too far, and she quickly got inside before rain would start to fall. She had heard on her radio back at the HQ that there would be a chance of heavy rainfall, and she would hate to get the newly purchased hats wet.

That would be unfortunate, and she didn't have many bills left with her as she used most of it already for the hats. As she carefully placed both of the hats in the passenger seat, she puckered her lips and checked herself in the mirror to make sure she was still looking presented. She was headed out for dinner that night as well so she didn't want any weird looks.

Apparently her friends decided on steak, and the thought of juicy meat entering her mouth caused a rumbling in her stomach. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Maddy's Hats
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL