Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 08:27:00
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: New WB Death Saving Grace Started by: Anubis on Sep 08, '10 23:26

There is now a new saving grace that is targeted for the hitters. This helps balance out the benefits of starting on pure defense answers, so you aren't required to to survive a WB death. This will save you based on skill and how many bodyguards you have.

Should you wack back death, and recieve this saving grace, you will recieve the message that you have been thrown out of the way of danger by your bodyguards, after which there is an explosion, and 50 of your hard working life savers lay dead in the road.

It's a massacre, but you survive to fight another day.

Sincerely,

Anubis

Report Post Tip

Just to answer a few questions before they are asked...

We did not adjust the wackback odds of death, they have not been increased, things are exactly the same.  What this does, however, is in some extreme cases of certain wackback death scenarios, having more BGs can sometimes increase your odds of living through that particular scenario.  These odds however, are linked to your wack.  A curve is put in place giving those with lower amounts of kills a higher chance of getting the saving throw than those with higher amounts of kills.  The more kills you have, the more BGs required to stay ahead of the curve.  Just to reiterate - no odds were increased, someone with 100000000 kills and 1 BG is still at no worse odds than before this modification.

Report Post Tip

Any chance of some clarification on a couple of points please.

Is this "saving roll" only available for people on pure wack, or is it available to everyone with a maxed wack skill?

What sort of basis are we talking about for BGs dying, Anubis has said 50 BGs but what if you have less or more. Could it kill more or less of your BGs.

Report Post Tip

Is this "saving roll" only available for people on pure wack, or is it available to everyone with a maxed wack skill?

It doesn't matter the answers, it works for everyoneregardless of that. based on where you are statistically in a few different areas it determines if you're eligible for the save. That's what Anubis said about it, in case you weren't there to see that.

What sort of basis are we talking about for BGs dying, Anubis has said 50 BGs but what if you have less or more. Could it kill more or less of your BGs.

It kills the 50 BGs, not less not more, so you have to have at least 50 BGs at the wack range that save is applied at, so if the save is applied at x number of kills, you would need 50 + BGs to get the save, if you are at 2X you will need more than 100 BGs for the save to be applied, and lose 50 BGs. so the number (50) is constant but the number of BGs you must have to be eligible for the save is dependent on the number of kills you have, I dunno know the numbers, but may be at some point they will let us know.

Report Post Tip

There is now a new saving grace that is targeted for the hitters.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it's not targetted at hitters at all. Surely it's targetted at the super-rich (game cash) and/or super-stupid (RL cash) who are in the fortunate position of having masses of BGs who might just save them in those circumstances.

I'm not really bothered, but I fail to see the point.

On the other hand, it could be amusing to see said people losing a nice big chunk of their BGs and dropping into lower tiers of BGs. Still, not quite as funny as seeing them dead...

...I'm out.

Report Post Tip

I think it would work better if it was a percentage of your bodyguards that died rather than a fixed number.. that way as Hoopington says it's not an advantage to to those who are 'super-rich'.

Just a thought :)

Report Post Tip

Ermm, I meant "to *just* those who are 'super-rich'."

Report Post Tip

I like to see this game progress and Anubis I know your doing the best of your ability to make that happen. I thank you and the staff for making this update even though everyone doesn't seem to appreciate it now. They might appreciate it one day if it were to save their life.

Report Post Tip

i am not a fan of this idea, just seems another way to keep those with good friends with plenty of money or leaders with plenty of money alive longer

Report Post Tip

I applaud this idea. anything that decreases the chances of that travesty we know as death wack back.

Report Post Tip

I am all for this idea but would rather it was a random % of BG's that die, not a fixed amount.

Report Post Tip

Sounds like another change to benefit those who donate heavily and the very top ranks.  Good news.

Report Post Tip

Dislike. I applaud the effort to stop WB Death, but to only stop the death for that of the Rich and protected is wrong. It will cause stagnacy and nobody likes that.

Report Post Tip

This feature has been removed and replaced with http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/114775

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New WB Death Saving Grace
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL