Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 04:46:07
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Downward Spiral Started by: Insomnia on Feb 19, '18 02:11

Insomnia walks out of his office heading out into the streets, searching in his chest pocket he pulls out a cigarette lighting it.  To his surprise there was a large crowd outside of his headquarters gossiping amongst each other while pointing back at him. Wiping the sleep from his eyes he double checks to see if he was still dreaming. Cracking a smile he takes a drag from his cigarette, exhaling before begging to speak.

As I'm sure most of you have seen I made the executive decision to remove Godfather Spiral and Don Thoros last night.  This choice, of course, did not come easy.  It was only after many hours of deliberation that I was able to make the final call.  A man in my position cannot make these decisions lightly because I understand they effect everyone in this thing of ours, not just myself.  Ultimately I think I made the right decision here.

Don Thoros of Detroit was a great man that had a great run.  The problems arose when the Don started to neglect his duties as a crew leader, and leader of Detroit as a whole.  Many times questions from other cities and his own went unanswered.  Even my own mails would often go without a simple reply.  The world I am trying to create does not have room for inattentive crew leaders.  In order for this world to grow every crewleader must be just that, a leader.  That is not possible if you are not around to handle your business.  Do not mistake me in thinking that I have some dislike for the man or his bloodline, I don't.  That had nothing to do with my decision towards his removal.  It became a simple matter of I think the city deserved better.  I have high hopes for Detroit in the future.

Now onto the matter of Godfather Spiral.  Spiral again was a great man that did earn his position.  I did not and do not hate the guy despite the problems we've had and his recent murder.  Many people probably saw this coming given the personality that Spiral is known to be.  Given his reputation there was a lot of mistrust towards Spiral and abroad.  Whether that was misplaced or not we will never know.  But, I did not want to jeopardize my good relations with our criminal nation because of Spiral's reputation.  I am not going to stand here and drag a dead man though the mud.  It was not an easy decision that I made off the cuff.  I made this move in the hopes that my city can move to greener pastures and really become something special.  I hope that this move dispels any misnomers and misinformation people have had about who I am and what I'm about.

I have extremely high hopes for our world.  I have great partners in this thing of ours that I know will help me build something we can all be proud of.  This goal will not be accomplished overnight and it will take the concentrated hard work from everyone.  Thank you all for taking the time to listen to my reasons and thank you for your support moving forward.

Realizing his cigarette had burnt to the filter Insomnia flicks it to the ground frowning before walking back inside to make lunch. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Thanks for great answer for many of us who wonder what the heck happened there.

Some things will be corrected in this world from time to time so this was a good point you descibe for us.

Report Post Tip

it is nice to hear reasoning behind all the bloodshed. it is not often we get closure in this world.

Report Post Tip

STOP! Right here is few problems exist to this thing of ours. Have you ever digested what "this thing of ours" means? I have grave doubts and judging by the death poll and current economy you are either clueless or self serving. I would bank on the latter of the two. 

You come out on these streets with an explanation of the death of a GF and a Don.  Imagine that! A GF shitting on another GF and a Don! Lets get real. I'll start. Why is there more then one GF? I got many more questions I got answers too but real entertaining debating this here.

Report Post Tip

You must be new around here.  In this world there can be one Godfather per district.  But, there can only be one Godfather Chairman in each city respectively.  The Chairman outranks everyone else and is the boss of their respective city.  Technically, Godfather Spiral was Godfather Chairman Insomnia's subordinate. 

Report Post Tip

You know what they say about assuming Mr. RH eraser. Your use of the term "in this world" explains it is your world.

Pnder that for a moment and come at me with a real debate. Last I knew a GF were replaced in "this world" by a Commission. (Mafia 101)

Report Post Tip

You're right, I shouldn't assume.  It is just that your statement sounded like it was coming from someone less informed and less educated than others.  So, I thought maybe you might need a little more information before you made a fool of yourself publicly. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Alright Eraser. You been breathing the air God gave us for what 15 days? Case n point buddy.

Report Post Tip

Even my own mails would often go without a simple reply.  

This is news to me. Really, I've searched my father's mail records and can't seem to find many examples of this. There was the end of a conversation where no reply was needed because youd encouraged continuing contact by other instant means but even if you're using that example, once is certainly not "often". Normally I'd remain silent on this matter but by outright lying about my bloodline, well, you've forced my hand, Insomnia. I can't in good conscience not comment. I would rarely ignore important mails. 

Could have just left it at "you werent happy with Thoros' activity levels". No need to add extra nonsense about ignoring mail. Although those had gone up since the decision to send him Detroit happened(by the very people that would later kill him) and would frequently be in the 30-40 hour range. Never lower than 20-30. He made a big push to reach the stage where he'd be eligible to get godfather and once he'd done that, he laid low so he could consult with his most trusted advisors about how best to proceed. 

Of course, I don't buy for one second that this wipe had anything to do with Thoros' activity levels. Maybe you just would rather have someone else there, maybe you just don't like my bloodline, Who knows. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Okay. I will play along with this fairy tale Insomnia pulled out their ass. 

Why in the hell would anyone care about the doings of anyone but there own family? 

Report Post Tip

Despite being futile, the Fire Wight WightThoros waits around patiently for Insomnia's apology for his slanderous lies...

Report Post Tip

Goes and picks up a few rocks from the ground and throws a couple at WightThoros for fun.

Report Post Tip

WightThoros doesn't really feel them because he's both crazy and thinks he's undead. He picks one up & puts it in his pocket to skip rocks with later at the lake.

Report Post Tip
How come you got to make the decision on weather Thoros was doing his job correct or not? I can understand with spiral as he was in your city.
Report Post Tip

That is a reasonable question Hcl put on the table. Although, the answer is known by most who are on top of their game.

Report Post Tip

I commend you for taking a hard decision GodFather Insomnia. I bet it was by no means an easy decision to remove a fellow GF in your own city along with other friends in this thing of ours. Always tough to pick between friends, loyalty and business. We all took the blood oath when we were handed our buttons. Loyalty above all, followed by friends and business in this thing of ours. Friends that come along with la cosa nostra are the icing on the cake. Friends just make everything better, smoother, you can't stake the cake for a bit of icing though. Even if the taste is off a bit because of it. 

He over hears some rumblings in the crowd about why Thoros was also removed in this Spiral of a takedown. BumbleBee takes a swig of his whiskey and puts his hand on the shoulders of the mafioso asking the question. 

This thing of ours is built on trust and loyalty. GF Spiral had friends and foes alike, Thoros being one of the friends. I am sure for security purposes Thoros couldn't be left up. This is all my assumption of course. GF Insomnia has already said his bit about why Thoros needed to be removed with a heavy heart. I guess the spiral downwards was interconnected with Thoros, such is the intricacy with La Cosa Nostra. Small actions have long ranging effects. And in this case our Chairman was not willing to wait for the effects to come to him. 

He offers the young mafioso a cigarette and a light. 

Dust up young lad, endless possibilities await you in the future. This is just the beginning. 

Dopey was standing around and was hit in the head with a rock. A shady looking gangster with rocks in hand, wearing a bib that has the words SpikeS on it was got to be the culprit.

Report Post Tip

WightThoros does a little grave robbing and retrieves his father's fiery sword

The night is dark and full of terrors. 

Thoros ignites the flame coming off his sword and stabs himself, setting a gruesome fire. 

Valar morghulis. 

Honesty- walked up to wherever this speech was taking place, drowning yet another case of maple syrup; something that his dad would be proud to see. 

"Don't mind me, I'm just here to drink. Anyone wants a bottle of maple syrup? Ah, whatever."

Honesty took two more crates of maple syrup out of the trunk of his car and set them down on the floor. He then opened a crate and took one bottle from it. He approached the area where all the bloodshed took place and then poured the bottle of maple syrup all over the ground. 

"You people were the SWEETEST people I've worked with. Rest in sugar, Spiral; you'll be remembered."

Grumpy cannot miss out on this opportunity and laugh his ass off.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Downward Spiral
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL