Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 22:35:54
Page:  1 
A Busy Night - Raconteur Started by: Frankie-Messina on Mar 17, '18 20:49

Frankie thanked SullivanBlack Matty and Allera for their input on the most recent candidates for Made Man and dismissed them to preparations for another button dinner – she hoped she wasn’t premature in the expectation that Raconteur was ready.

“Bring him up to my office.”  She told her aged Italian bodyguard, Carmine.  "Tell him I'd like to talk to him about a few things.  Make sure he's wearing clothes he can work in... I have some tasks that need doing."  The man nodded an went to find the associate who was next to meet with the Don. 

Report Post Tip

It had been a whirlwind week with his first fair, a lunch with the Don, and work with the tower. Raconteur couldn't remember the last time he had felt so alive. He almost couldn't believe everything that had led him to this point and knew that it would take some time to sort it all out in his head, but for now he found the past troubling him less and less each day.

He was just getting dressed down to head out for a walk when a firm knock on his door startled him. He cautiously opened it to find Carmine waiting for him to tell him the Don requested a meeting. He nodded and quickly put himself back together in his work gear.

He hurried along behind Carmine with his heart pounding. He wasn't sure what would have the Don calling him now, but he was sure it would make him very busy.

Report Post Tip

Frankie rarely wore a pant suit, but tonight she had a high-waist pair of black slacks and white silk blouse on; feminine for sure, but functional.  Uffa, or this week's version of the happy little goat, lay in her pink ruffle bed trying to chew on her collar to know avail, her neck just wouldn't turn that far.  While it was probably amusing to watch, Frankie was engrossed in a manila dossier held tight in her hands as Raconteur came in.  Attached to the folder was a mug shot of Raconteur likely gained from the police of FBN on one of his brief stints in holding.

"Thank you for coming so quickly."  She smiled and motioned to a chair across from her desk.  "Make yourself comfortable for a moment, why don't you tell me about what you've been up to for our organization recently... these numbers Sully put together for me really suggest you've been putting your nose to the grindstone."  She closed the folder.  "I'm impressed."

Report Post Tip

Raconteur couldn't help but smile at Uffa, but quickly caught himself and took a serious tone. He walked confidently to the chair, the stiff movement of his sitting the only indication that his nerves were on edge. Hearing the Don's words filled him with pride and the sense that he was playing the kind of game he liked best. One where the dice were loaded in his favor.

"I've been working on establishing contacts around the country to help move products at a maximum profit. Focusing, of course, on Las Vegas and expanding the desirability of what we produce. Heroin in particular has been a profitable venture. I'm considering a business front to allow greater quantities to start moving to fill the demand we're starting to see across the country. I've also been keeping an eye on the Durdens. My contacts allow me to follow their movements wherever they choose to operate and get in their way." A wicked grin crossed his face as he continued. "Most business partners prefer a safe and sophisticated opportunity, and if that mean that the Durdens happen to disappear then so be it."

Raconteur thinks of all the people he has met at the tower and the sense of family that they have given to him, even as an ordinary associate. His grin softens to a warm smile. "I've also been spending time getting to know some of the finest people I've ever had the privilege to meet. To be honest, I do what I do because I want to make life better for all of them. I could earn even with the Durdens around, but I know how much they cause problems for good folks like everybody here at the tower so I set up nets for them. Sometimes it's a loss to profits but it's worth every penny." Raconteur chuckles a little and looks down, a bit self-conscious even as the words leave his mouth. "It's what a person does for their family."

Report Post Tip

"I'm glad to hear you say that... about family and about the Durdens, because, we've got a bit of a problem and I need you to help us with it."  She stood up and took up Uffa's leash.   

"Come with me."  She said as she began to walk down stairs. 

"It started a few days ago when our patrols noticed several of Durden's people in a variety of places.  We think he's making a quiet, but aggressive move on our holdings... but there could be more to it than that.  For him to get a toe hold on our operation he'd need friends... I'm deeply concerned about the nature of our alliances with several key people and so I've called in some help."

She went down the stairs, but didn't stop at the bottom.  Instead she opened a door that, until this point, Raconteur had not seen anyone outside of the Don and her hands enter.  This, so far as anyone in the crew knew, was off limits to anyone save for made men and women.  "I'm sending you out to meet a friend of our family."  She closes the door behind him, flicking on a light as she does so, saving them both from drowning in darkness.

"You'll be debriefed on several tasks that need doing tonight.  You'll pick one.  Other members of the crew will be asked to handle the other tasks... it could be dangerous, but I have faith you'll handle yourself well."  She walks down the long flight of cement stairs under the hum of industrial lighting. 

At the bottom of the stairs she stops at a lone white steel door.  She pulls out a key, hanging on a chain around her neck.  She unlocks the door and pauses.  "Everything changes from here on, one way or another... nothing will be the same ever again after tonight." She opens the door and motions for him to enter.

After Raconteur enters, Frankie & Uffa follow.  She shuts the door behind them with a resounding bang.  All that can be heard after that is the scraping metallic sound of a deadbolt being slid into place & then... silence.

Report Post Tip

Frankie sent out invitations to anyone and everyone she could think of, in order to celebrate Raconteur earning his button!  She hoped that everyone would come out and wish him the very best in this thing of ours!

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
YOU'RE INVITED TO JOIN US IN CELEBRATION!
★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

Please join us in celebrating the happy occasion of adding another
member to The Ivory Tower family!  

Raconteur has earned his button and we'd love for you to stop by
and give him your congratulations.  It's a great honor for anyone
in this thing of ours to be recognized in this way and we hope you
will join us!

-Don Francesca Messina-Dicaprio

Report Post Tip

Yey! so exciting for you to join the family.I brought wine and beer over to him, as whatever he drank I would suck down the other. it will be great working with you and getting to know you better. Congratulations on this honor to join the family!

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations on the button.  Would you like some cheese?"  Rat offer a large chunk of cheddar he pulls from his pocket and unwraps.

Report Post Tip

Congrats!! :)

Report Post Tip

Congrats Frankie 

Report Post Tip

She quickly laugh about her mistake and Congrats Raconteur

Report Post Tip

"It's quite alright to congratulate me on landing such an amazing member.  It's my honor and pride to be adding Raconteur to our family."  She raises her glass to Raconteur, "To Raconteur, may his pockets always be full of cash and his enemies full of lead!"  She laughed.

Report Post Tip

Francesco raised a glass. He enjoyed this man's company. And although they had met in an odd circumstance, it was quite a blessing in hindsight.

"To Raconteur!"

Report Post Tip

Samaritan joins others in celebration, "Congratulations!"

Report Post Tip

congrats on your promotion 

Report Post Tip
Allera raises her glass to join the others in a toast. Then, she walks over to him, and leans up a little to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. Blushing partially due to the amount of wine she'd had since the beginning of the party, she smiles. "Welcome officially to the family! I know we're going to have a great time working together!"
Report Post Tip

Beaming at everyone who has wished him well, and subtly blushing a bit after Allera, Raconteur takes a deep drink of whiskey. "Thank you all for your sentiment and support. I look forward to working with each of you going forward and ensuring that we all prosper in this thing of ours so long as we get the chance. Salute!" He raises his glass in toast alongside Don Frankie and all the rest.

Report Post Tip

Sully shook Rac's hand with a smile.

"You have utterly impressed me, Raconteur. I think you will be a perfect edition to our family. Welcome to The Ivory Tower."

Sullivan hugged the man and kissed both of his cheeks before patting one and nodding, sending him on his way to the rest of the guests.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Busy Night - Raconteur
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL