Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 17:16:09
Page:  1 
Strickly Business Started by: Sho_Nuff on Mar 25, '18 17:34

When the family first moved to LA I placed the Sugar Hill Hotel on the market for sale.  I had a few offers but was just hesitant to sell.  Luckily for me, I didn’t because I find myself residing in Philly now.  I’ve decided to just do some renovations and develop a partnership with someone located in Manhattan.

I drew up a proposal and had it delivered to Bubbles the Godmother of Manhattan.  She graciously extended an invitation to discuss a business partnership with me.  We set up a meeting to discuss the matter further for this afternoon at 2 pm.

I drove from Philly passing my old stomping grounds and arrived at the hotel I noticed how things were basically the same. I talked a little while with Pianoman, the ladies and Chef Mac who just arrived back from New Orleans.  I decided to have the hotel limo take me downtown to the Bubbles office.

When Big Moe bought the limo around me gave him the address, 1185 Park Avenue. That's the office of Bubbles.

When we arrived at her office building it was exactly what I expected. A Doorman with white gloves and gold braid on his hat opened the limo door.

As I made my way in the lobby it was decorated with green and white marble squares, art deco mirrors, and vases filled with fresh flowers resting on skinny black tables with legs shaped like bent lilies. I was directed to the office of Bubbles.

When I rang the bell on the outside of the door a big muscle man opened it, another stood behind him.  As they started giving me the third degree and attempted to pat me down Bubbles walk out and told them to ease up, greeted me with a bold handshake, invited me into her office to have a seat. 

Please tell me a little more about your business venture, she said as we sat down.   

Well as I told you in the proposal I had delivered to you, I am now seeking a partnership with someone in Manhattan.  I informed you about all the amenities like having four-stories, 20 spacious bedrooms, 8 luxury suites, restaurant seating 30, a Grand Ballroom.

The hotel was always profitable and the Piano Bar is still jumping, but the poker games have slacked off a little.

The ladies pay rent for 2 of the Townhouses adjacent to the hotel and one vacant for different purposes. Plus I still have secured entertainment contracts.

Having someone partner with met would free up some of my time and funds to start a new development in Atlantic City.

Report Post Tip

Bubbles sat back in her swivel chair, pulled her chair closer to her desk and listened as Sho_Nuff proposed his plan. It was an interesting offer, she had always wanted to get into the real estate market but never knew enough about it to venture off on her own.

The Sugar Hill Hotel, which was the property in question was a staple in New York. It was known for it high class standards. Bubbles had actually attended a couple parties at the hotel and each time was super impressed. Though it had been some time now that she last stepped foot inside there.

After Sho_Nuff finished his proposal, Bubbles sat back in chair and pushed herself away from the desk. She sat back in her chair for a couple minutes, the room was silent. Suddenly Bubbles sprung up in her chair, it damn near made Sho_Nuff jump out of his chair.

"You know, I like what you are saying and you definitely have me interested. Though I would like to go have a look at the place again to refresh my memory on it's layout and looks."

Bubbles looked over at him and smiled

"I have time now if you do?"

She started to gather her things before he even had a chance to answer.

"We can discuss further details once we are over there, sound good?"

Report Post Tip

I  finally began to relax.  I was at first very intimidated by this powerful woman sitting in front of me and tried to get a read on her. I had been in her presence before but she was mostly surrounded by a shit load of bodyguards.    To my surprise, she was very cordial, but certainly, a businesswoman to not taken advantage of. 

Our conversation turned to causal talk about ourselves but now it was back to business. 

Before we go and check out the hotel Bubbles I have some financial records I would like you to look at.  This way you will know the amount of investment I am trying to obtain.  I want you to see that the Hotel is financially stable and very profitable.  The appraisal value will prove this will be a solid investment.  The overhead is extremely low and we have a very loyal clientele. The renovations needed are minimal to get the hotel back in a tip, top shape.  I would like you to take this all into consideration to make a decision on the partnership.

I passed the folder with the financial records of the Hotel to her to view.

Report Post Tip

Bubbles gives him a bit of a look before taking the folder out of his hands. She reluctantly sat back down in her chair and opened the folder. Numbers were never really her strongest attribute, in fact it was something that she never really had to do. She always had people to do things like this, they would give her the insight on what to do. 

She flipped through the pages in the folder a couple time, before closing the folder and looking up at Sho_Nuff.

"Yeah not really sure what I'm looking at here, let me pass these off to someone that knows a bit more."

Bubbles then picked up her phone and gave BumbleBee a buzz. He was her most trusted, if he liked what he saw then all was well in the world. The line only rang once before he picked up the phone. 

"Hello"

"Hey B, I got some papers over here for you to look over. Financial stuff, looking to possibly get into the hotel business. You know me, numbers aren't my thing. Can you have a look?"

"Of course, not a problem."

"Fantastic, I'm going to leave the folder on my desk. If anything jumps out at you just let me know. I'm going over to take a look at the property, so I will call you once I've looked at it."

She hung up the phone and got back out of her chair.

"Ok, my guy is gonna look all this over. Let's go have a look at this place, shall we?"

Report Post Tip

I called Big Moe and told him to bring the limo around.  I had Chef Mac prepare a quick snack of some Phillychesses steak sandwiches with all the trimmings just in case Bubbles and her 2 bodyguards were a little hungry when we arrived, which they were and  I invited the girls and Pianoman to come join us.

After we ate Bubbles was familiar with the hotel but we still gave her a little tour.  We then walked over to the Townhouses so she could check them out.    I felt she was rather impressed.     

As we returned we just sat in the little parlor connected to my office.  I was so anxious to hear what she had decided.  

So what are you thinking?  I asked her.

Report Post Tip

After a quick bite to eat, just a little something to stop making the stomach growl, Bubbles followed Sho_Nuff around the hotel. He pointed out every little detail, she could tell he was quite proud of his property. It was a beautiful place, very elegant and very well kept. As long as the numbers were right, it was an was an easy choice to get involved in this.

After Sho_Nuff gave her the tour, she excused herself to make a phone call. Sho_Nuff ushered her to his office. "Take all the time you need, I'll be out in the lobby when you're done." He closed the door behind him as he walked out. By now BumbleBee had plenty of time to look over the papers, so it was his opinion now that would seal the deal. She made herself comfy at his desk, picked up the phone and gave Bee a ring. 

"Hey Bee, it's me. Have you had a chance to look over those numbers?"

"Yes, actually just finished looking them over. They look really good to me, I mean there are a couple things we could do to cut corners but all in all I would say this is quite the safe investment."

"Wonderful, cause I really like the place. We have a lot of potential over here. Oh... if you don't mind. I'll have Sho_Nuff get with you and you guys can hash out the final numbers and what not."

"Sure, whatever you need."

Bubbles hung up the phone and made her way out of the office and over to where Sho_Nuff was patiently waiting. He sprung up to meet her, before he could open his mouth Bubbles reached out her hand.

"I think we have a deal. Though I will let you and BumbleBee finish off the final numbers and what not. He has my permission to speak on my behalf in regards to all financial situations. So you guys can hash out the final numbers."

Sho_Nuff reached out his hand to meet hers.

Report Post Tip

As I took her hand in mines and held it gently

Bubbles I am so excited to partner with you and feel we will make the Sugar Hill Hotel one of the best entertainment spots in Manhattan. I feel the figures will work out fine and l look forward to meeting with @BumbleBee to finalize everything.

Chef Max will continue with you but eventually will be moving to Philly with me. You will have to replace him with someone of your choice.   Lilly is in charge of the ladies activities and will get with you if you want any changes but she will also be moving to Philly once we get set up there but will leave you with a very reliable person.

You will hire the new security people you want and I have a man that will train them on the surveillance system we already have in place.

I thank you for joining me today and we will take to back to your office or headquarters if you are finished looking around.  Do you have any more questions?

Report Post Tip

Bubbles nodded with a smile, it wasn't the first time she would have had to staff a place. It wasn't much of a big deal, a process that wouldn't take too much time to sort out. In fact she already had a couple people in mind but that was all to be figured out at a later date. Glancing around once more in the lobby, Bubbles eyes became locked on the clock above the receptionist desk. 

She was cutting it close to another meeting she had back at her headquarters with a couple of her most trusted.

"Yes a ride back to my place would be fantastic, I didn't realize the time. I got ReignMan and Petah probably waiting for me as we speak. We will be in touch though."

Bubbles made her way outside to the awaiting limo, got in and headed back to her place.

Report Post Tip

I had to take Lilly back to New York to pick up the rest of her stuff when we stopped by the Sugar Hill Hotel.  The changes Bubbles made were amazing.  The added touches to the lobby really made the hotel look very inviting.  The renovation to the restaurant were absolutely glorious.  The addition of the water fountain in the front of the hotel really made it look like a resort.  I can't wait until we reopen.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Strickly Business
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL