Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 04:16:50
Page:  1 
The Thu'um Heard 'Round the World Started by: Qahnaarin on Apr 09, '18 07:58

It had been a very very long day for Qahnaarin. 

He was awoken early in the morning with the news of his old friend Baloo's death, and the rampage of a rogue across the cities. Disoriented and half asleep, he had rushed off to the train station to give chase.

After a long chase and some more losses, each of them significant in their own way, the mood on the streets was that of a funeral procession. Chicago, Detroit, and New York had lost good men and women to the rogue, and the cities were somber with mourning.

Qahnaarin received a telegram from Odin sometime later, in the early evening twilight, and knew without reading it what had to be done. His desire had been to stay by his best mate's side as long as possible, but certain circumstances had made that dream impossible. He was the most equipped and prepared man to take over Baloo's spot, and he would not disappoint.

Odin's note had given him a location downtown to meet at, and Qahnaarin hastened to the address. When he arrived he looked up at an old victorian compound he had noticed a few times during his summer strolls in Chicago. It was a glorious old building, one which was owned by an old banker. Qahnaarin grinned as he speculated how Odin got hold of the deed.

"You are too kind to me, Brodin." He grinned and grasped Odin's hand firmly before turning to address the small crowd that had gathered out front.

"Thank you to those of you kind enough to be here. I know these kind of things aren't as big of a deal as they used to be, but I am an old school guy and just wouldn't feel right if I didn't say a little something.

Firstly, I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Odin, the esteemed son of my old friend Kleopatra. You have been just as much a pleasure to work with as she was, and have grown into not just a friend, but a brother to me. I can only hope that we have many more moons together as we continue to build Chicago. Few will understand why we chose you to lead us even after your mother's death. Our reasons are our own but it should be known that we CHOSE you. Not that you wrenched the position from our wanting hands, or that this was forced upon us by some outside force. This was the best choice for us to continue moving our city forward, and we have zero regrets.

Next, I'd like to shout out to Godfather Insomnia, though I only spent a few days in his fine city. The words you spoke to me in my youth have been very beneficial in helping me to reach my full potential, and your calm, understanding demeanor combined with a firm hand have shaped our world into something it hasn't been in a very long time - a great place to be. I'm sure you get plenty of suck ups saying similar shit, but please take this to heart: what you have done with 'this thing of ours' transcends greatness. It is an honor to lead in your golden age.

Miss HyacinthBucket, Sir Skorpeon, little Dominick and master Isorin, you are all top people and I have enjoyed working with you, and can't wait to continue our work and see how brightly our future can shine.

And lastly, Lady Serana, who's constant "Goku4Auth" telegrams kept my motivation sky high. What a woMAN."

He grinned at his friends and threw his hands out wide.

"May I introduce you all to my lovely second in command, Karita. I am beyond elated to have her with me as my ancestors have always had, our lines continue to intertwine and I'd have it no other way. With her help, and the help of my old mates DeanWinchester and Serapis, I hope to make the city proud.

I have decided to use my mother tongue, Dovahzul, in the name of my family. Few will understand it, but I feel it is the right thing for me to do in order to honor my heritage. We shall be called: Faal Vul Zeymah."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

There was nothing better in Freemans mind than a quiet afternoon. He had delegated his tasks and appointments for the day to those he deemed trustworthy which was not an easy thing for him. As he sat back, a knock was at his door.

"Sorry to interrupt sir but you have a telegram." said Rich as he cracked open the door.

He placed the envelope on Freeman's weathered oak desk and promptly exited as fast as he entered. Freeman unveiled the paper to find news that was of no surprise to him after today's events but nonetheless it was good news. He opened his right most drawer and retrieved a well of ink and some paper.

Dearest Qahnaarin,

I hope this letter finds you soon. I write this moments after hearing the grand news. It seems it was destined to be, no matter how much you resisted it. I remember the day we first met like it was yesterday. You stopped me on the streets thinking I was another man you had once met... or was it in a park. Either way, from that day on our relationship has grown to the point where I consider you a friend which is not a word I toss around lightly. With this letter I also send a trinket as a gift for your dearest Karita. One day soon I mean to visit the windy city so we can catch up on the time that has passed since our last encounter. Until then.

Sincerely your friend, Freeman

"No, that's not right." said Freeman aloud as he crumpled up the paper and swished it into his wastebasket.

Hey Qahn,

Good luck; don't die.

THE Freeman

"Perfect." said Freeman as he reached for an envelope. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It was with some regret Isorin found himself and others here today, Baloo was a good bear one of the best and will be sorely missed here in Chicago, here's hoping the big fella upstairs has plenty of honey waiting for him...

Qahnaarin you have been instrumental in the rebuilding of Chicago and although the circumstances could have been better, this is definitely a step forward for the great city of Chicago, I know you will aid the windy city to the best of your ability and will be a great asset to us all here.

"Congratulations my friend as always anything I can do to help just give me a shout, I wish you all the best in your future operations good luck pal" Isorin smiles and pops open a bottle of Champers!

Report Post Tip

Aidan clapped and nodded. "Ah know we do'nae alwehs see eye ta eye. An' yeh alwehs wanna duel... But Ah've go' ta say, yeh deserve t'is. Congratulations, lad! A toast..."

He cleared his throat.

"May yeh 'ave teh 'indsight ta know where yeh've been, teh foresight ta know where yer goin', an' teh insight ta know when yeh've gone too far. Best o' luck to yeh, boyo!"

Aidan grinned and bowed his head before slipping in to the gathered crowd.

Report Post Tip

Sho_Nuff didn’t really know Qahnaarin but understood his pain.  I had lost 2 good friends yesterday.  YG, from LA, was gunned down by one of his own and lost BrotherHec a good friend from New York.  Things are so different these days in this thing of ours but you learn to take the bitter with the sweet.

Congratulations on being trustworthy enough to take over for the lost of Baloo.  I wish you the very best.  If you are every in Philly, stop the Goliath Entertainment Complex, I would like to salute you in the proper manner.

Report Post Tip

Dean was not one to make appearances at celebrations, nor was he one for congratulating people on their achievements. He preferred murdering monsters and saving the townspeople from demons during his spare time. However, today was a special day. His old pal, Qahnaarin, set up an operation of his own after the untimely passing of Baloo. It was a sad day, but a bright future still remained for Chicago.

Dean approached Qahnaarin and reached out for a firm handshake.

"Qahnaarin - despite the circumstances and your own wishes, you have stepped up when your Godfather needed you the most. That is something I have immense respect for. I know you will do us all proud, and I'm honored to be along for the ride with you.

I guess I'm out of retirement then, eh old friend?" Dean chuckled as he vanished into the compound.

Report Post Tip

It wasn't like she hadn't been warned. Karita had all the warnings in the world, yet she continued on in her blissful ignorance. Her ancestors made a habit of keeping journals to allow insight into the worlds they experienced. They were full of events, friends, enemies, warnings; the journals had a recurring theme, a past it seemed Karita couldn't escape: her family's association with the mafia. She'd always sworn she wouldn't end up like them, that she'd lead an unexciting but productive life. 

Irritated with the days events, and herself, Karita plopped onto her bed in the new headquarters. Qahnaarin had set up earlier that day, and she found herself wondering how she got into this mess. She sighed dramatically and grabbed her journal off her bedside table, flipping through the pages. Her eyes narrowed as she caught a telegram she'd glued to a page, her elegant penmanship swirling below.

March 20th

You have accepted the invite from Qahnaarin to join the Baloo crew.

So it begins, journal. One minute I'm sitting at home in my pajamas, the next Qahnaarin is demanding I join him in Chicago, convinced I need to learn how my ancestors lived. Oh, I know how they lived. I've read all about it... the drugs, the alcohol, the lack of sleep and long hours. I didn't want to be them, I just wanted to be lazy and normal. But somehow he found me, and the next thing I knew I was surrounded by old friends, luring me back into this lifestyle. Fine, I cave. I moved to Chicago, but I'm not getting involved any deeper than I already have. The bear seems nice enough to be around, anyway. But I'm still going to be normal, damn it.

Karita rolled her eyes and stopped reading. How ignorant was she? She flipped forward a couple more pages. 

March 29th

You have accepted the invite from Qahnaarin to join the Odin crew.

I've gotta say, I'm pretty bummed about leaving Baloo. In the short time I stayed, he allowed me a place to crash while I continued my life of slacking. He never seemed to mind. But today Odin set up, continuing the work of his father. I said my goodbyes to the crew and drove to the new headquarters. Again, this Odin guy seems strangely nice to be leading a crew. I'm pretty sure that's his secret weapon to luring unsuspecting victims. But he seems content to let me crash here, and I still get to relax. Life with no responsibilities is great!

Karita snorted at the entry. She was so convinced back then. She tossed the most recent telegram on top of the page, not having the patience to write anything but the date.

April 8th

You have accepted the invite from Qahnaarin to join the Qahnaarin crew.

Unfortunately, life doesn't always pan out like we planned. The news of Baloo's death hit the city of Chicago hard. While no one could ever replace him, there was a need for someone to step up. Enter Qahnaarin. Annoy her as he might, Karita was happy to see his line lead again. Their working relationship littered her ancestors journals, and they always earned her loyalty. She was pleased that he asked her to join a few others 

Karita felt herself softening and looked down. Her lip curled at her outfit. No, damn it! This was not how this was supposed to play out. Not long after the crew moved into the new building, Karita found herself shuffling around in her pajamas, settling in for another lazy day. The next thing she knew, as if by some fucking black magic, she looked down and saw herself dressed head to toe in some weird.. diagonal... no, slanty suit! 

"DAMN IT, QAHNAARIN!" Her scream bounced off the walls in the nearly empty HQ. Heads began poking out of their rooms, attempting to restrain their laughter at her annoyance. And then there stood Qahnaarin, chuckling to himself before reminding them to get ready for his speech. How DARE he laugh at her. His oozing confidence that she'd already accepted her fate riled her up even further. Karita spun on her heels, marching into her room before slamming the door like a child throwing a tantrum. 

And yet, could she really blame him for her own wishful thinking? Had her ancestors not warned her about this a thousand times over?! 

Yes. Yes, she could absolutely blame him. With that settled, she sighed in resignation and began digging through her wardrobe. She was going to find the most unattractive outfit she could before heading to the "celebration". 

She managed to catch up with the rest of her family shortly before her new boss began speaking, her outfit and dreadfully applied makeup taking longer than normal. The age spots were really a nice touch. Karita managed a dramatic curtsy as her boss announced her, feeling somewhat vindicated at his look of alarm. She smiled sweetly and allowed others to speak to him first.

Confident she'd allowed enough time to pass, she walked up to him and linked her arm through his, pulling him over to the side before letting him go. After all, he was still her boss, and it's best not to fuss at him publicly. 

"You sir," she began, poking him in the chest discreetly, "are going to pay for this. I can't believe you've managed to do this. AGAIN," she quieted down, realizing she was talking like a crazy person, as though her ancestors were just reincarnations of her again and again. She shook her head and peered at him. "I've read every word of my ancestors journals, and you sir, have some very big shoes to fill. I am only here because you got me into this. Somehow, as much as you wind me up, I can't help but trust you. If you are anything like your lineage, you are going to do Chicago proud, and I'm going to make sure you do it." Karita couldn't help put grin cheekily, knowing she was testing the limits of how much she could really nag her boss. "In all seriousness, congratulations. I hope you can manage to inspire the familial loyalty that seems to run through your blood. At the very least, it will be an adventure, and I'm honestly flattered you want me along to help. Try not to completely destroy the HQ when you inevitably get wasted. I'm not cleaning it." 

With that, she grabbed two drinks from a nearby table and handed one to him. "Cheers, boss man."

Report Post Tip

Patriot receiving the news of the losses he bows his head in respect, quietly speaking to himself

Rest in Peace to the fallen.

Patriot then hears the news that Qhaanarin will be getting his own family, he smiles 

I know this is not the most ideal situation however I can't think of a better person to step up and take the reigns of the upper structure in CH, Congrats and im honored to be apart of a city you are in.

Patriot shakes Qhaanarin's hand,

Congratulation's sir, look forward to working with you.

Report Post Tip

As Odin stood and listened to the short speech made by Qahnaarin as well as hearing the masses congratulate him, he had a short piece he himself wanted to say. 

"Qahnaarin. My friend, my brother. It is with mixed emotions that I come here today to congratulate you on setting up your very own organization here beside me in The Loop."

"I am honored that you have accepted this opportunity. You were an extremely good friend to my mother and when it was decided that I would continue in her footsteps here, there was only one man I knew that I wanted by my side. You have been nothing short of instrumental in helping this fine city of ours continue to build towards the future, despite the multiple setbacks we have faced."

"I can think of nobody better and nobody more deserving to fulfill the shoes left behind by the late Baloo, God rest his soul. They are indeed quite big ones to fill, but I have absolutely no doubts that you will do so."

He turned and handed Qahnaarin a glass of champagne before then raising a toast.  

"Ladies and gentlemen, to Qahnaarin!"

Report Post Tip

Bubbles happened to be in Chicago today and overheard people chatting about Qahnaarin getting the nod. She knew exactly what that meant, he was given permission to run a crew of his own in the city. "Who the hell would..." she thought to herself as she chuckled out loud. The woman standing next to her gave her an odd look then took a couple steps away from her. As if she was some kind of crazy, which she may have been but that was still to be properly diagnosed.

She made it her goal to find out if this was true, cause it was big news if it was the case. She began following the the crowd of people which lead her to where the man of the hour was standing. He was already in the midst of his speech, she arrived just as he was mentioning Insomnia. She looked around, trying to see if he was actually about or not, though she couldn't find him. Perhaps he was hiding in the crowd or something, she'd make sure to find him later if he were there. 

She finished listening to Qahn talk before making her way up to him. She gave him a look up and down before smiling up towards him. "Well look at you big time crew leader now." Taking a quick pause she continued. "It's nice to see Chicago growing and I have no doubt that Odin made the right choice. Now I know you can never replace Baloo but with you taking over in his place the city will definitely continue to grow and in the right direction. Congratulations my friend, if you ever need anything you know where to find me."

Report Post Tip

I agree with the last speaker.

Report Post Tip

Hyacinth listened to Qahnaarin's speech, nodding along to it. After listening to the speakers she stepped forward.

"Qahnaarin, while the circumstances that brought us here today saw a sad day for Chicago, I'm glad it's you that will fill the old bears pawprints. You've worked hard, and it's been a pleasure to get to know you while with Odin. If you need anything just give me a call."

Turning to Isorin she held out an empty glass to be filled with champagne and toasted Qahnaarin.

Report Post Tip

BumbleBee had spent the morning chasing The_Classic after he had shot Baloo. The run around made him a little tired, a little woozy and doozy. He knew he needed a drink to get back to some normalcy. Just as he was about to leave Chicago, on his flight back to New York. He heard there was a meeting of Chicago bosses scheduled that day and they were going to be making an announcement. It gave him an extra day in Chicago to go mess around in. He always did love the boardwalk and the sounds of the waves from Lake Michigan. So he said why not, lets wait till the announcement. 

BumbleBee after eating to his hearts desire at the The Banned Mare, made his way over to the Loop to hear the announcement. He watches as the leader of the City Odin stands next to Q on one side. And the beautiful HyacinthBucket on the other. He waited and sipped on his flask of whiskey as Q finished his Oscar sized speech. He was expecting this kind of an announcement today, so he had stopped at a Cigar shop earlier to pickup some fine cigars for Q. He knew Q was a fan of fine liquors and heavy smokes, he knew nothing would fulfill his Super Saiyan dreams like that type of a gift. Once Q finished, BumbleBee made his way up to the man of the hour. On his way there he said his hellos to Dominick, MagnusTheRed, Odin and Hya! He presents Q the box of cigars and a bottle of fine bourbon. 

It is sad what happened earlier today. Its never easy to replace a leader, its never easy to pickup after a tragedy and move forward with might & passion. But you my friend are the best fit to lead this city in the future with its current leadership. I have no doubt that you will do exceptionally well for Chicago moving forward in this endeavor of yours. I wish you nothing but the best of Luck my friend. If you ever need anything, I am just a phone call away. 

Report Post Tip

Qahnaarin beamed at his friends and well wishers, half a tear welling up in his left eye. He was not expecting such a strong response. Other than Karita's, he knew she would be here to swoon over him as always. But the others came as a bit of a surprise to Q, he was expecting just a few.

"Thank you all for your kind words and gracious offers to help me should I ever need anything. It really means a lot. I could really use about $100 million dollars, it is so kind of you all to help."

He grinned and held out his hands optimistically.

Report Post Tip

TM had been in midst of enjoying the hustle and bustle of life in this world, traveling to various places around the country for recreation at times yes. For the most part it was business fueling his travels. He had wished he was in Chicago the day he heard the news, a chance to rub elbows with the worlds most recognized figures and new ones. All in the name of congratulating the rewarding of a mans hard work and highest aspirations. TM knew all well himself what the positivity from the beloved community could mean, both personally and as a way to energize ones efforts. The Don would consider the Dragonborn a good friend of his, although he couldn’t make the celebration he gladly sent words of congratulations.

”Qahnaarin the Dragonborn... you have come in these times of unrest, and have concurred all the obstacles  in your path to assension, much like one would climb to the peaks of the throat of the world one rises through the ranks and gains status in this thing of ours. It does me well too see a friend gain the opertunity to lead and take a more active role in the community. Leadership suits you my friend I know in the days and weeks to come you will do amazing things. I hope the celebration didn’t leave you too wary, and in my conclusion long overdue we had some Meade, I’ll be sure to stop by one of your establishments soon my friend.”

Report Post Tip

Insomnia was attending his beloved friends grave in Chicago, Kleopatra,  paying his respects when he heard from one of his body guards of Baloo catching a bullet. Shaking his head in disgust Insomnia takes a kneel onto the grass. He hadn't known the man all to well but it had hit him hard seeing his friends city take another blow, setting them back. Whistling to get Benjamin's attention Insomnia tosses the keys to his personal driver.

"Get the limo ready, let's go pay our respects to Odin and see who will be replacing Baloo in the loop." 

The limo pulls up into the driveway of what looked to be the newly operating headquarters. It was an old Victorian home with lots of high ranking, recognizable mafioso's cars parked out front. Exiting the vehicle he gives the driver the signal to circle around back to wait for him.

Insomnia quickly notices a large group of people outside in the front yard circled around an unfamiliar figure who was speaking to the crowd. Spitting into the palm of his hand he begins to slick his hair backwards as he approaches the crowd trying to get a better look at who was speaking. His eyes shoot open hearing his name surprisingly mentioned. Cupping his hands over his eyes Insomnia squints, noticing his friend Qahnaarin in the middle of the crowd announcing his new family while giving shout outs to others.

"Odin made a great choice" he says to himself before shoving and pushing others aside, moving closer until he was face to face with Qahnaarin who was finally finished speaking. 

"It's an unfortunate situation that caused for this but I can happily say I'm pleased to see you get this opportunity. Though this may be a first of our lineage really getting to know one another I strongly feel you'll do well in picking up the pieces and moving forward, helping Chicago build stronger than ever. Also what you said earlier I did take to heart, I'm stoked to see you along with others reaching their full potential."

Insomnia grabs inside his front chest pocket, revealing two cigars. With a grin he bites at the cigar tearing away the bottom filter before lighting it. Taking a few puffs he exhales, handing one of them to Qahnaarin while offering to light it for him.

"Congratulations bro, you've definitely deserved this and I look forward to seeing you do some big and amazing things. Just know, if you ever need anything I'm just a phone call away."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Thu'um Heard 'Round the World
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL