Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 22:00:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
NYC Marathon Started by: Bubbles on Apr 11, '18 15:38

In her office she sat, with a glass of dry Cabernet in her hand. She gave it a swirl before bringing it to her lips to take a sip. It was one of the finer bottles she hadn’t opened up in a while, she really was trying to save it for a special occasion but it called to her. It was a call she just couldn’t resist anymore.

Taking one more sip she placed the glass on her desk and took a glance over at the clock. “Late like usual.” She muttered to herself as she shook her head. It’s not often that Insomnia is actually on time, he preferred to be fashionably late. Well that’s at least what he called it. Though it was just his excuse for running on his on schedule. 

Luckily for her she still had her wine, it did wonders passing the time. One glass turned into two until Insomnia finally walked his ass through her office door. He casually made his way to the leather chair seated across from her desk and kicked his feet up on her desk. 

“Nice of you to show up, thought you may have forgotten how to get to Manhattan.” She couldn’t help the smart ass comment but it’s kind of what she did. 

“You know I had things to do, I’m a busy guy ya know!” 

“Yeah busy busy, yada yada.”

She could see Insomnia eyeing up her bottle of wine. She was being quite hesitant at first to offer him some cause that bottle was almost to good to share but she was too nice not to share. 

“You want so...”

Before she was able to mutter the final word, Insomnia sprung up and grabbed the bottle. He took one big swig and put the bottle back on her desk. A look of disgust briefly went upon her face and with a deep breath she glares at him. 

“Really? Couldn’t use a glass? You are something else, you know that?” 

He just looked up at her and smiled. She was just about to say something else but a knock at the door interrupted her. 

“Bubbles!” The voice called out. It was a familiar voice, it was one of the cops on her payroll. 

“Come in.”

He waltzed through her office door, walked right over to her and handed her a piece of paper. 

“Seems you got the nod to carry a bit more product 63 units worth, not an easy feat to do. Wanted to let you know personally.”

With a nod and a smile towards Bubbles and then Insomnia he headed out the door. Bubbles immediately turned towards Insomnia and was about brag about her recent accomplishment but another knock rapped at her door. Figuring it was her officer again she told him to come in. Though it wasn’t him, in fact it was an officer on Insomnia’s payroll. He walked directly up to him and handed him a piece of paper. 

“Heard you were here and needed to get this to you, you’re able to now transport 63 units. Took me some work but alas here we are.”

The both of immediately locked eyes with each other and in unison blurted our “Race you to 65.” After a couple laughs the talks to 65 became serious and a friendly wager had been placed between the both of them. With a hand shake the bet was official.

Report Post Tip

Bubbles immediately sprung out of her chair, there was so much to do but where to even start. All she knew was that she needed to start doing something, getting the approval to carry that amount of units of anything wasn't an easy task. Almost instantly she regretted making that wager with him, now and for the foreseeable future she had to get back to the grind.

"It's like riding a bike, right?" She thought to herself. Where to start though that was the question at hand. That's when it hit her, let's get the city involved in this. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, right? She picked up the phone and started calling the crew leaders of New York. Telling each of them she had an important announcement and to come over to her HQ as soon as possible.

Within 15 minutes Petah, Sofia and Obito were in her office. She could tell they all had a look of concern on their faces, it wasn't offend a meeting like this was called to order. Sensing the tension growing Bubbles figured it was time to let them stop worrying.

"So you all are probably wondering why I summonsed you here today. Insomnia is probably wondering himself and he's been here the whole time. Anyways, Insomnia and myself have a bit of a friendly wager going on. The first one to be able to transport 65 units wins. Now you all may ask what does this have to do with us. In reality nothing but I do ask you get the word out on the streets. We will need all the support we can get, any contacts to help push this venture in the right direction will be appreciated."

Pouring each of them a drink she handed out each glass to all of them and raised her glass in the air.

"Here's to team Bubbles...." She glanced over to Insomnia who was giving her a bit of a dirty look. "or team Insomnia, I was getting there. Relax!" She said with a bit of sass. 

Taking a gulp from her glass she put in back down on her desk. "Let the fun begin."

Report Post Tip

DemTitties noticed something peculiar happening around the headquarters today. As usual, no one told Titties what was going on. So Titties decided to do what Titties does best and be nosey. After the stream of crew leaders and Godfather Insomnia entered the office of The Tyrant Bubbles DemTitties bounced on over to the closed office door and listened hard to what was going on. Not able to make out the muffled words, DemTitties looked around the immediate area for something to solve this dilemma. Grabbing up the nearest glass DemTitties placed it against the door and immediately dropped it and it shattered. Glancing around quickly to see if anyone had noticed DemTitties froze and listened intently to see if any of the office occupents may have heard the crashing glass. Not hearing any additional rustling inside, DemTitties assumed no one heard so another glass was snagged up and placed against the door. 

Listening in on what was being said, DemTitties snickered at the proposed competition and said to themselves.

At least it's not a raid competition....

​​​​​​Listening further DemTitties caught a toast to team Bubble's and without thinking yelled.

GO TEAM BUBBLES!!!

This outburst even shocked DemTitties and the second glass was shattered as DemTitties busted boobs across the headquarters to hide from Bubbles in their blanket fort that was newly rebuilt after Bubbles recent attack on blanketland.

Report Post Tip

Obito got summoned to meet with other New York leaders by Godmother Bubbles as he arrived there while flaunting through Hypnotized's headquarters and stealing someone's coffee cup and taking a sip, he stood in the office surrounded by Petah, Sofia, Insomnia and Bubbles as she discussed something about seeing who can transport 65 units quicker. He grinned at Insomnia and after a while, he ripped his jacket open and let the "Team Insomnia" shirt shine across the office.

"Real gangsters go for Team Insomnia!" Obito said as he went outside and deployed a firework, he watched as it blew up in the air as it spelled "Insomnia" out one letter after the other, beginning to assign a paperboy to assign flyers across New York while the boy exclaimed to vote for Team Insomnia and go down with Team Bubbles, what did you expect? Loyal supporters go a long way.

Report Post Tip

A what? Race to 65? 

Adrenaline finally found something to pump his favourite hormone. He knew that his boss-lady could beat anyone. So he kept listening to the associate for details. 

Who again? Are you sure she's racing him?

Well, maybe not anyone..

Adrenaline quickly moves to the HQ to find DemTitties running to his fort, Bubbles leaving the meeting room with the CLs of NY. They were all laughing, so he thought it's ok to make a joke without having to build another blanket fort in the HQ.

Go Bubbles! Skrrahh!!

Report Post Tip

LillJack heard about little competition in NY between two Godfathers

at his visit in NY and decide to say few words

Godfather Bubbles I just want to say that whole Strip is cheering for you,we wish you good luck

after few words LillJack light cigar and leaves Bubbles HQ

#TeamBubblesLV

Report Post Tip

#TeamBubbles = LV

Report Post Tip

When ShoNuff heard the news it was a hard decision for him.

First of all Bubbles was his business partner and he surely needed @Insomnia mercy in the poker games.  All I can say is

May the best Man/Woman win.

Report Post Tip

WHAT THE FUCK???? Blanket Forts when did this start up??? 

Sofia falls to her knees sobbing.

Waited till i left then start building blanket forts why? why d.d.d.d.d.do this to me?

Report Post Tip

Hearing Sofia start sobbing DemTitties peeked out of the blanket fort and spotted Sofia on the floor a few feet away. Bouncing over to Sofia DemTitties jumped up and huggled Sofia's face tightly.

I had to keep my blanket forts a secret. Bubbles found out anyways and she always tears them down, I really don't like it. I don't like it so much I think I might have to join #TeamInsomnia. But I don't think I can leave #TeamBubbles. Legally I don't think I'm allowed, I'll have to look at the contract if I can find it. Bubbles probably burned it to be honest, lately she's being saying all this extra stuff is in the contract and blah blah blah DemTitties musta not read it. Yeah whatever, I think she found it and burned it. So yes! I've made my decision, for fear of my safety #TeamInsomnia will have right titty and #TeamBubbles will have left titty, which is so much more important because it's closest to my heart of course. I think that keeps me legally in the clear and I shouldn't have to worry about "having an accident".

After DemTitties grand explanation they bounced back into the blanket fort and waved to Sofia to come with.

Report Post Tip

Olivia had been wandering around the city that never sleeps when she heard rumors of a race. How exciting! Tracking down the source of the information, she came to learn that Godfather Bubbles was going to be racing Godfather Insomnia for the opportunity to carry 65 units of drugs. They were asking people to choose teams and support one side or the other, to help give them motivation.

Now, Olivia loved Godfather Insomina. He'd been a dear to work with and had given her bloodline a fresh chance in this world. But still, her choice was rather obvious - after all, Godfather Bubbles had given Olivia the title of Side Chick and Olivia had to fill that role. 

So, the next day Olivia was standing on a busy street in New York, handing out shiny buttons that all read "#TEAMBUBBLES". She'd gotten boxes and boxes of the product, and after leaving New York she's made sure that they were handed out in Detroit too. 

Report Post Tip

BumbleBee was deep in sleep when he heard a ton of hustle and bustle downstairs in the HQ. He had a long night flying in from the West Coast, he was still jet legged and was just trying to get the hours adjusted. He tried to avoid getting up as long as possible. Then finally caved and stepped outside his room and looked about the hallway upstairs. 

Whats going on? Why all the ruckus???

He looks around as he locks eyes with Villain. "She got the letter from the Officer! You know the Officer!!!" 

BumbleBee was still recovering from his sleep, it took him a little bit to come to his senses, but it finally hit him. With a smirk growing across his face. 

How many units was she at last night?

He scratches his head as he tries to remember. 

62! Yes! Thats what it was. So she got 63 now!?!?

Villain nods and runs downstairs with GabeTheDog and NealCaffrey. "Hurry up and come downstairs, she's meeting with the Boss's". Bee ran back inside this room got his things and ran down stairs properly dressed for the occasion. As he walks in, he see's a whole bunch of people just gathered around Godfather Insomnia & Bubbles. Some were chanting TeamInsomnia, but this was Manhattan. The home team was representing with chants of GoTeamBubbles!!! The mobsters of the city were celebrating and representing for their teams. Needing some more clarification, Bee stopped Adrenaline and asked

So whats going on? They both got 63 papers? 

Adrenaline replies with a nod. "They racing to 65!" Just as soon as BumbleBee heard that, he started making some calls to get the trucks filled up with some men and some heavy gear. He walks over to Bubbles standing alongside the rest of the leadership in New York. 

So I got all the trucks ready. Wanna start busting out some criminals? I heard those things really get your credibility up!!!

He looks at Sofia as he awaits Bubbles reply. He does a little fist pump GoTeamBubbles!!!

Report Post Tip

The race was in full swing, who was winning? The verdict was still out, each side was keeping their progress a secret and for good reason.

Bubbles was hard at work at her desk when a package arrived. It was something she's been waiting for, something she ordered right after the wager had been placed. BumbleBee had been the one to sign for the package, he walked into her office with a big ole smile on his face. He knew what she had ordered as well, hell he was the one that actually put in the order to the print shop.

Her eyes lite up as Bee walked towards her.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Bee just nodded and placed the box in front of her. She stood up from her chair and grabbed a knife out of the her top drawer. Yes she kept a knife in her top drawer, it was there for just these occasions. Well those occasions and for safety if something was to ever come about.

Taking the knife she sliced open the box. It was exactly what she was expecting. Reaching in the box she pulled out a button, a Team Bubbles button. It was perfect!

"How many of these did you order?"

Bee did a quick count in his head.

"Uhm, I think it was about five thousand. Seemed like enough to me."

"Hmm... we might have to order more but I guess we will find out about that."

Bubbles sat there with one of the buttons in hand, smiling while holding it. It was kind of funny to her that this little bet has gotten to this point. It almost felt like she was running for mayor. "MAYOR!" She thought about that some more.

"Woah... Bee... I just had the best idea ever! What if ran for mayor of New York?"

Bee basically avoided the question.

"What do you want me to do with all of these, boss lady?"

"Mayor Bubbles! That has quite a ring to it."

"BUBBLES! The Buttons?"

"Oh, yeah the buttons. Uhm... Make sure you send a box to each of the other big six cities. Then I want you to bring a box over to Petah and then one to Sofia. Oh, make sure you drop a couple off at Insomnia's and Obito's. I know they will love these things, I know Obito especially will. It's his design, the man works wonders with this kind of thing."

Bubbles made sure to take a couple of out of the box for her to hand out. Though the one in her hand was hers, which she pinned to her shirt. Bee grabbed the remaining in the box and proceeded to head out of her office. On his way out Bubbles spoke up.

"Oh Bee, do me a favor. Tell DemTitties to clean up that damn fort or at least move it. It's hard to get in and out of the headquarter with that thing in front of the front door."

Report Post Tip
*Johnny was walking by the boss lady's office when he heard the two Godfathers chatting about a race to 65
*He started to day dream about all the useless things he could buy with that type of purchasing power

"65?" He said. "Ha, that's not hard... Try making it to 45" he said in a sarcastic tone. "Now THAT'S a task"

*Johnny poked his head into the office abruptly as he always does.

"Good luck you two!" *Johnny walked up to Bubbles desk with a full envelope. "I don't know how these things work at the top, but maybe this will help somehow..."

*Johnny slides the white envelope to Bubbles and smiles

"I hear some clowns are behind on their protection payment, I'm going down there to have a word with them."

*Johnny looks over Bubbles's liquor cabinet and grabs a few bottles and some rags.

"This will do just fine. Hey, DemTitties, you bored? I could really use another arm...

*Johnny strolls out of the office, but not before exclaiming: #TeamBubbles!!
Report Post Tip

Bubbles was in the full flow of activities for this Marathon, from word around town both the Godfathers of New York were putting in some heavy work. The race to 65 was starting to heat up. Always the reliable RHM, Bee knew he needed to rally as much support as possible for TeamBubbles. I mean lets face it, its not easy to match wits with a Team of Insomniacs. How are you suppose to keep up with a lot, that just doesn't believe in sleep at all?!?! Something had to be done. So Bee got a whole bunch of pins mass produced to spread around town. He picked up the first pin from the producer and examined it. It read "GoTeAm_BuBbLeS" on it. 

Yea this is it. This works. 

Bee puts that pin on and picks up the boxes and brings them over to the HQ for Bubbles to inspect. He knew every little pin would be push forward in Bubbles quest to 65 units. Once he got to the HQ, he noticed a whole bunch of people from Manhattan about. He started handing out some pins as he made his way inside the HQ to show Bubbles the pins. Once inside he saw DemTitties in full ruckus mode, she had these forts built up hindering the premises. But hey they were necessary, who could say no to DemTitties?!?! As soon as Bee walked inside the HQ, Bubbles spotted him down. "Is that what I think it is?"

Yeah, I decided to get a little bit more rally cry type stuff. I hope you like these pins. I have already distributed some of these outside the HQ. The members of the crew are putting on their pins. You should probably sport one too. 

He shows Bubbles his shiny pin "GoTeAm_BuBbLeS". Thats for me. Its a bit different, this is 1 of 1. I got a whole bunch others of course. He says with a smile. Once Bee was done showing off the Pins he saw that grimace in her face and those devil eyes. 

What are you thinking? Whats going on in that head of yours???

She smiled and asked for pins to be shipped out to all the Crew leaders in the city. Not wasting a moment, Bee started to take the boxes to the car for delivery. As he was walking out, Bubbles calls his name. "Make sure you drop some Pins off at the Insomniac HQ. I heard Insomnia and Obito are looking for some TeamBubbles pins". She says with a laugh. Bee smiles and winks at her as he walks out the HQ to deliver the pins to everyone. 

Report Post Tip

Mr.Bee throw me one please, I'm a supporter!

Adrenaline recieved his shiny golden pin and put it with pride on his chest.

GoTeAm_BuBbLeS

Report Post Tip

The New York marathon was coming close to an end, at least for team Insomnia. Rumors were beginning to circulate around town that the Godfather that never slept had just been given the nod to carry 64 units of drugs at a time. From the look of things Bubbles was so preoccupied rallying others to team up with her that she was starting to fall behind. Just this morning he received a box full of #TeamBubbles pins at his doorstep. Insomnia was always a sucker for the underdogs, wanting to show his support for his best friend he places the pin onto his suit in honor of her. 

"Go team Bubbles!"

If there was one thing that the Godfather took serious it was competing against others. It didn't really matter what the competition was over, he just loved the thrill of a challenge as much as he did winning. Insomnia had a different method of finding supporters, such as placing anonymous hit lists and leaving death threats on peoples door if they didn't side with him.  

Insomnia had been drinking this morning, already drunk off his ass and it was only 1:00 PM. He was outside of his headquarters throwing sticks of dynamite at his fortifications when Yukihira came outside screaming.

"What the fuck is going on out here!?" Yukihira looks around to see who was blowing up the headquarters, shifting his focus towards the Godfather as he tosses another stick of dynamite against the reinforced front door.

"Seriously!? What the hell are you doing!? Your outside drunk in public while letting off explosions and don't think it will bring any unwanted attention?"

Yukihira stands there glaring at him for a couple minutes before cracking a smile.

"Can I join in? That actually looks like a lot of fun."

Insomnia slurs his words, mumbling something back to him before giving his left hand man the middle finger. 

"No way! Get your own!"

Smiling he begins to think of his good friend Obito and how much he would of enjoyed being here to blow some shit up.

"I just had the greatest idea! Go run inside and call Obito, lets have the three of us travel over to Manhattan and give Bubbles headquarters a good ole firework show!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $150,000 Tip

Yukihira grinned as he slapped on a #Team Bubbles pin right under his #Team Insomnia pin.

"You got it boss I'll get him over here ASAP!"

He contemplated throwing some dynamite at the forts too but thought better of it as Insomnia was in one of his moods. As soon as he entered the HQ he heard another loud BOOM!! and chuckled to himself as he quickly called up Obito. 

"Hey Obito, Yeah it's Yukihira our fearless leader Insomnia wants you to head over now we're gonna go pay Bubbles a visit in Manhattan! Oh I almost forgot bring some dynamite!" 

Yukihira grinned again as he hung up the phone grabbing a couple sticks of dynamite as he ran back out to join Insomnia.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Obito received a call when he was just going to sleep, when he fell on his couch he let out a groan as he reached over to pick it up and see who's on the other line. To his own surprise, it was Yukihira as he explained that Insomnia required him over to Bubbles' headquarters out in Manhattan and to bring dynamite, a giant smile came over his face like a typhoon and he was so happy. He did a heel click in mid air as he went to go get dressed and grab his firework and dynamite supply from his closet, his personal bodyguard Edward looked over in shock as he seen him dragging out supplies of firework and dynamite sticks.

"The hell are you doing?"

"Going over to pay Bubbles a visit, help me with this!" He stated reluctantly as Edward went over to carry a box.

"With fucking fireworks and dynamite?" Edward raised an eyebrow when he asked the question.

"But of fucking course, Eddy! Come on!" Obito motioned with his head.

The duo made their way out and drove over to the side of Manhattan to rendezvous with Yukihira and Insomnia. He carried the supply of dynamite sticks and fireworks and set them out on the floor.

"Get ready boys! It is fucking showtime!" 

Report Post Tip

The news had spread pretty suddenly out in Las Vegas. Reign had been informed via letter that Bubbles and Insomnia were in New York having themselves a friendly competition. As if their bags weren't already full enough.. now they're trying to stuff 65 units of drugs into a single bag. What the hell are they thinking?!?

Reign always says "Money is the motive, so get up and grind!"  so really this effort is quite commendable. 

It seemed to Reign that Bubbles may have the upper advantage. Women typically have more luggage and she'd always find a way to be able to shove some extras in another bag.. even if it was all supposed to be in one bag, she didn't care. 

As he stepped out of the car and into the driveway of Bubbles HQ.. Reign overheard shouting coming from the court yard. Quite the presence it seemed. Kind of made the hairs on his neck stand up because of the nostalgia of being back to his old stomping grounds and hearing the chants for Bubbles. Reign missed her a lot he came to realize as he snapped out of his daze. After shaking his head slightly.. he walks around the side of the HQ towards the court yard. 

BumbleBee, Obito, and Yukihira were standing in a circle at the gated entrance to the court yard as Reign walked up. "My friends, great to see you. I hope you are well." 

BumbleBee smiles at Reign and greets him with a firm handshake, followed by Obito and Yuki. "Which button would you like Reign? Team Bubbles or Team Insomnia?" BumbleBee asked. 

"Why don't I just take one of each.. that way there's not hard feelings, eh?" Reign says with a chuckle. He picks up a button for each contestant walking away from the group with a smile. As Reign walks in through the gate, he shoves the Team Insomnia button in his breast pocket and pins the Team Bubbles button to the lapel of his suit jacket. C'mon.. it's Bubbles HQ for crying out loud!!

He gets inside to the court yard to see all the others in attendance. Dollface was poking Lucky in the side with her finger and Briya was pushing Brancer into the pool. DemTitties and Olivia and Sofia were sitting on the side of the pool with their feet in the water laughing at the scene Briya had just caused by pushing Brancer in the pool. 

Everyone was having a great time it appeared. There were #TeamBubbles banners all over the place and it smelled like a brewery. Reign paid no attention to that. He headed over to the bar anyway. As he walked up he bumped into Bubbles. "Oh hey you!" he says to her. 

"Fancy seeing you here. Didn't think you'd show up." Bubbles said. 

"SURPRISE!!" Reign shouted then started laughing. "But seriously.. I think you could totally do this. Best of luck, hun!" he finishes with. 

The two raise their newly filled glasses and cheers to each other. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: NYC Marathon
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL