Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 10:16:05
Page:  1 
Stepping out Started by: Lola-Dubois on Apr 12, '18 02:52

With her club INIQUITY (known as The Den) in steady hands & doing well back in L.A, this Whisper Sister thought it was time to check out the competition...er, the sights...in another spot. She's heard the buzz surrounding Mud City, so this apple caught her eye first. She paid her cabbie & stepped out into the hussle & bussle, sliding right in like she belonged there.

After frequenting some boutiques in search of threads that compliment her chassis, Lola sought food & drink. Stopping in a nearby cafe, she ordered tea & chose a corner where she could see & be seen. After adding another coat of red to her lips, she pulled out her cigarette holder, slipped a reefer in & scanned the room for a light, hoping someone will offer to strike up a match or conversation.

Either would be welcome right now.

Report Post Tip

In for a stroll.. what am I seeing, or who rather? It is Lola, right, I am seeing correctly, I think.. Debating on going up to her or making a fool cause it isn't her.. oh well might as well, might make a new friend on the process . She was in this cafe, probably hunger or thirst getting the best of her, obviously.. she looked liike she had been shopping too, what girl does not like to shop? She was taking that beautiful red lipstick, you know the one that makes the men go mad, and the women green with envy....she slid it across her lips, then pulled out a um a smoke stick, or whatever you call it....it was more and more seeingly like Lola. I am practically on her six.

"Hi, Lola, isn't it right?"

Report Post Tip

Lola perked up at the sound of her name & flashed a sweet smile, holding her smoke out for a light.

"That's my name, don't wear it out. Would you look who it is! Sit down & take a load off. Hiya gorgeous, what brings you to Chi-town?"

Report Post Tip

Smiling, as yey I wasn't an idiot, at least this time! 

I said to Lola, Thank you as I attempted to sit down without tearing my skirt. I smoothed my pencil skirt before siding my right foot under the table then the left, my ankle almost rolling with the stilletos that make my legs look awesome. The table was quaint but enough room for at least two people comfortably. I reapplied my red hot lipstick too , blindly as I have done it so many times I could do it with my eyes closed, and one hand tied behind my back.

"I just felt the need to travel I guess.... chi town is a nice city.. It looks like you have done some shopping, is that why you are here then? I have been here a few times, and maybe this cafe too, I can't remember that though. The city lives up to his name as the "windy city." 

Report Post Tip
"Yeah I just came for a few days, to escape. Are you ready to go? I'm heading back to LA & I've got a proposition for you, but we can talk about it on the plane." 😉
Report Post Tip

"Ah, yes, okay, that would be great. I can't wait to hear about it ."

Report Post Tip

That afternoon, Lola purchased their tickets & they chattered away as they loaded their luggage in the overhead bin. Once seated, Lola smoothed out her dress & ordered her usual Martini, offering to pay for MJ's drink as well. She had winked at the pretty stewardess & took a sip.

"Perfection" she said. "Now, down to brass tacks. I run INIQUITY downtown & things are going well right now, however big plans are in the works & I may be expanding which means I'll need another smart & classy dame to help my boy Murray oversee things at the home office when I'm outta town. Since we run with the same crew & I like your style, I'm offering it to you. Would this venture be something you'd be interested in undertaking?"

She pulled out her reefer cigarette holder just as the NO SMOKING sign lit up, lighting anyway amidst protest in her immediate vicinity, raising her eyebrows & flashing a wicked yet fun grin towards MJ.

Report Post Tip
Grinning at what Lola was speaking of...the gears already turning..or churning.... I order the same drink Lola was having.. thanking Lola.

Tell me more Lola...waiting to hear more as I drop my bag.
Report Post Tip

A girl after my own heart, Lola smiled. She always loved see ambition & initiative.

"Well my place is multipurpose - something for everyone. I'd take you on as my apprentice & show you the ins & outs of club life. Together with Murray, an indispensable blue-eyed brute I hired as protection way back, will take care of everything if ever I'm out of town - filling the kitchen, solving any patron or entertainment issue, that kind of thing. Book keeping comes into play as well. What would you say to that?"

She sat back, smiled & glanced out the window to help give a very flustered MJ time to process & think on her answer.

Report Post Tip

Listening intently, thinking about everything as Lola said it.. I had never done anything like it before , but it was worth a shot, I think.

"sounds okay, I am an eager learner.It does sound like a lot of fun, this club scene as you called it, Lola."

Man, what did I just say yes to? Well there is always a first time..wait, that is not the right thing.. well, here goes nothing.. I raise a glass to Lola, as a toast to the new and up coming endeaver, for hopefully success!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stepping out
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL