Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 10:11:05
Page:  1 
A bright future Started by: DarGabrielson on Apr 22, '18 12:08

Scouting the area

A handful of Pine Siskins sat on telephone lines, observing as the car slowly rolled past below. It had been a fairly warm day and the setting sun threw an eerie glow over the neighbourhood. As an upscale residential area, activity was non-existent at the end of this Sunday late in April. Williams who had been driving, pulled over on the corner of the avenue as directed by Joy who sat with him in the front.

“We will take a quick look at things first.” Dar told Tony who sat with him in the back of the car. Him and Joy got out of the car simultaneously and rounded the corner. After about 50 yards the pair reached the mansions garden, which was lined with large conifers, no doubt blocking a tall fence from view.

“Keep smiling.” Dar whispered as they paced towards the two bulky men at the main gate.
“But I always am.” Joy returned playfully, before whispering more serious. “I’ll take the right one.”

While one of them was alert enough to mention that the pair had come close enough, both of the guards were too slow to their arms. Before they realised what happened they went down on their knees while being put to sleep in skilfully applied chokeholds. As Dar dragged the bodies out of sight, Joy signalled for Williams to drive the car up to the gate.

The meeting

After the car came to a halt, Dar opened the door for Tony to get out and informed him that all was clear, nodding towards the conifers were the bodies were hid.

“It’s going to be a good night for us, Tony.” Joy continued. ”While the man doesn’t necessarily expect you. You’ll find it easy to get inside. Do you want us to come with you?”

“No, that won’t be necessary.” Tony replied. “I will take it from here. I’ve been looking forward to tell this guy what business is going to be like from now on. Ever since we arrived in Seattle we have done nothing but build this city. This fella is apparently afraid for the chance that came with us. Well, he is not gonna like what’s coming next.”

With that Tony walked up to the mansion and disappeared inside. The other three waited in silence for fifteen minutes after which a series of gunshots and flashes was the signal for Williams to start the engine again. Briefly thereafter Tony got outside and calmly walked back down the path, putting away his Colt in his jacket and joining the others in the car.

“He didn’t really see eye to eye with me, but that came as no surprise.” Tony said during the ride back. “The man is gone and the city is fully ours now. Seattle’s future is bright and I can’t wait to further build what we started. Let’s get to the lounge and celebrate. Jasmine will be expecting us.”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Dar held the door open for the new Godfather to enter the Rainy Day lounge, while being greeted by Jasmine and others that had already gathered for the celebrations. A large table next to the dancefloor was made available and was topped with diverse treats and several bottles of Champagne, smuggled in from Europe.

Once people sat down, Dar shook hands with Tony and congratulated him on his achievements so far.

“Boss, it’s been a pleasure to have worked in your employ for a fair while already. Today marks a great moment for you, and for our city. You have done well throughout many changing times, and with that knowledge I can only look forward to the days to come for Seattle under your lead.”

“Now if you excuse me, I’ll go talk with the band to make sure they play some up-tempo tunes tonight. In the meantime, you’ll be busy enough with people wanting to shake hands. Take care with that.”

With that, Dar spun around and with a small detour past the bar, he met with the musicians to talk about the setlist for the night.

Report Post Tip

LooseChange made a stop in route to his shop. Him and one of his guards making a last minute run. Through the grapevine he heard of the new Godfather's celebration tonight, and definitely was gonna make a stop by to show respects. He looks over at Taga as they make their way over to the establishment. LC taking a long drag of the blunt as they pull up and park. They hop out and pause just for a sec to make sure the gear is tidy, and they are looking presentable. They look towards each other and point with a wink. 

LC: " you ready? "

Taga: "Yup, lets roll up in here"

They enter the establishment and first things first LC walks up to The Godfather TonyCastelli and pays his respects. 

"I always knew this day would come. Proud to hustle up under you."

not wanting to hold him up any longer due to the amount of friends, family, and associates that needed to great him, Taga and LC made their way around the room to mingle. 

Report Post Tip

A very familiar Auburn Speedster makes his way down the streets of Seattle towards The Rainy Day Lounge, moving slowly in the dark of night, seeming to prey on another victim. The big crowd of gangsters in front of the lounge looked back, some uneasy as to the intentions of the people inside the car. It came to a halt right in front of the lounge and to everyone's relief, a very gleeful Furd comes out of it, followed by Williams who passed the keys to the parking valet and said:

"Don't scratch it!"

Behind him, more cars begin to arrive and more people join in, JimmyCarolla, Mike_Krayz, Relwof, Whitey101 and a DrunkenNinja alongside a RobotFromTheFuture.

The group enters the lounge to find a great mood already set. TonyCastelli surrounded by people congratulating him and bringing him gifts, Jasmine rocking the uptempo on the dance floor alongside HarleyQuinn, Joy trying to pick from many dance proposals for the night with a glass full of wine on one hand and dynamite smile on her face while Klejnot tried to rescue her. The_Kid enjoying a drink by the bar next to DarGabrielson. And many others who escaped the captain's quick glance.

"All good fellas." Williams smiled back at his group.

Report Post Tip

It had been a long and tough fight literally and figuratively to get to where he was tonight. Tony was now the Godfather Chairmen of Seattle taking over not only the operations of Pioneer Square, but Seattle as a whole. There was a lot of people that helped get him there and he would never forget that. 

As everyone made their way into the Rainy Day Lounge he smiled and nodded at some people, shaking others hands quickly, and having conversations with some. It would be a long night of "congratulations" and "thank you"'s for himself and everyone as they celebrated. He listened to DarGabrielson thank you and congratulate him.

"Thank you Dar, you've been with me for quite some time now and helped me just as much as almost anyone with operations here in Seattle. We wouldn't be here today without the help of one another." He nodded at Dar as he made his way off to talk to the band.

Tony made his way around. Congratulating Williams again on his own success today. Tony made his way through many of his colleagues talking to them and sharing drinks. He thanked LooseChange for showing up and sharing in the celebration as he had been a new up and coming star in Pioneer Square with the work he was doing over at Atlantis. 

Eventually he found Jasmine and sat next to her. They just smiled at one another as she understood how tired he was and she let him be for at least a minute. They just sat there to people watch together and have a few drinks waiting for the next person to come over to talk to him....

Report Post Tip

Kid grabbed his orange juice, typical drink for younglings his age, and thanked the barman by leaving a fat stack. He quickly found TonyCastelli, surrounded by a bunch of people, and managed to steal the prolific mafia figure for a little moment.

”Congratulations brother!” he screamed over the music, hugging his old bossman. “I can’t think of anyone who deserves the title more than you, you put in amazing work and create bonds that, I hope, will last over these mortal bonds. You are without any question, one the best leaders this world has know!” 

Report Post Tip

Joy settles into the evening with her wine, dancing and socializing with all of Seattle and the rest of the mobster world.  She could get used to this, she thinks to herself as she makes her way around the place. Joy finds Williams and gives him her sincere congratulations, insisting he dance with her later in the evening.  She heads over to TonyCastelli and gives him a congratulatory hug. 

I'm so proud of you and happy for you.  I'm also extremely honored that you saw fit to take me along with you.  I will do anything to help you succeed, Godfather Chairman.  Joy smiles and hands him a bottle of his favorite Captain Morgan's private stock.  You've worked so hard for this, and all of Seattle is behind you and rooting for you.

Just as she is finished, she sees The_Kid approaching Tony and gives him a wink and a smile.  He had just gotten his promotion to Don, and was walking around on air.  All of Seattle was celebrating tonight, and it was going to be one big party.

Report Post Tip

As the night moves on the crowd gets thicker. It was good to see so many together in one place enjoying the forward movement of their city. It was perfect and the atmosphere was set. LooseChange walks over to the bar, and orders a shot of cognac. He waits for the tender to bring his drink as he waits scanning the room, just looking at everyone networking.

Taga: “this is a good sight to remember, gotta mark this one in the books.”

Taga says as the tender brings their shots over. They toast, then they take their drinks to the neck. They place their glasses down and continue to work the room, meeting all the various mobsters that make this great city. .

Report Post Tip

It was a day to remember. A rotten apple fell from the tree of Seattle, allowing the Emerald City to finally grow into a fully polished version of itself. TonyCastelli was running things now, and for this ol' salt, these were steady winds on well aimed sails. He caught a ride with Williams, on his beautiful car, certainly much more charming than his rum delivery truck. He couldn't be bothered to buy something else, as he was still uneasy around these "horseless carts". They served him a purpose, but he prefered to move with the wind and the tides.

"This be a much nicer vessel than mine, I'll give ye that." he joked with Williams, on the way into the Lounge. As soon as he say Tony, he grabbed into his jacket and picked up a bottle o' premium grog, something he had been saving for himself, as a reward for some mighty plunder. But some plunders are just too great to be ignored, and this felt right. Walking fast towards Tony, he handed him the bottle filled with liquor, appreciating how the golden label shined towards his eyes one last time.

"Ye deserve this one, Govern'er. Ye did us all a favour and you've been doing a dandy job." Furd hugged Tony, then nodded politely and waved through the crowd around the Godfather, making his way to the bar to pick up a couple of Whiskey glasses, one for him, another for Williams.

Report Post Tip

Romeo had heard about the news, the entire city was abuzz with it. But considering the circumstances of his last visit to the Rainy Day Lounge, he did not know if his presence would be welcomed by some of the members present there. Still as he was thankful to the boss for showing him clemency, and for taking a chance on him , he knew he had to pay his respects. 

He grabbed a mobster who seemed sober enough to remember his instructions. Handing him some cash, Romeo requested that he deliver the gift. A simple bottle of Vino Grande with a note attached that read

May your reign be long and prosperous signor, filled with purpose and plunder. And when it ends, like all things must, may you be in heaven a full hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Romeo

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A bright future
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL