Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 20:07:00
Page:  1 
A Mutual Interest Started by: Bubbles on May 04, '18 18:16

It had been a couple weeks but Bubbles had finally made it home. She wasn't expecting to be gone for as long as she was but one thing led to another and before she knew it weeks instead of days started passing. Pushing open the door to her office, she pushed her luggage through the door and kicked it off to the side. Giving her office a once over, her eyes fixated onto her desk. It was a mess, papers stacked almost higher then her lamp. She let out a sigh and mumbled to herself as she walked over to her desk. "2 weeks, really..."

Putting her keys on the desk, she stood there sorting through some of the papers. They were actually neater then she had initially thought. BumbleBee had been busy, he sorted each piece. Went through everything he could and took care of what he could on his own. Most of the papers were just records for her to look over and then file away. Though there was one letter that stood out from the pile. It stood propped up against the lamp, it was Bee's way of telling her this is one that you really need to look at.

Reaching for it with her right hand, she picked up the envelope. It was already opened but that was no shocker to her. She had given Bee the access to all her mails and it was a lot of them. The poor guy probably didn't realize what he was getting into when he was appointed her right hand or maybe he did, regardless he was good really good at his job. She continued with the letter in her hand pulling out the actual letter and began to read it.

Ms. Bubbles,

I'm sorry to inform you that we can no longer fulfill your orders at your lounge The Townsville, this also includes your partner Sho_Nuff down in Philadelphia along with many others. We have recently been pushed out of our own operations by the Irish. We tried to fend them off as long as we could but when they started setting fire to our personal houses and threatening our children we had to back off. If you want to make some kind of deal with the Irish to possibly keep your orders filled I can probably get you a meeting but they aren't the most friendly bunch of people. Hope this letter finds you before your supplies dry up.

Best wishes,

Sam Galanti

The rage filled her quickly, she had been doing business with her Atlantic City contact for as long as she could remember. There was never an issue, orders were always filled and the prices were exactly where they needed to be. The Irish moving in and taking over the operations down there was almost an act of war on her. At least this is how she felt. Without hesitation she picked up the phone and dialed down to Philly. It rang only once before the receiver was picked up.

"Hello?"

"Sho_Nuff, it's Bubbles... We have an issue, have you received word from Sam in Atlantic City?"

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff just sat back in his chair feeling exhausted, sipping on a cup of coffee.  Lily had just made a fresh pot.   Sitting in his brand new Headquarters of Goliath Entrepreneurs, in his new office, he was so excited but so overwhelmed.  He had set up so many businesses latterly but nothing compared to setting up your own organization.  He was so lucky that Aidan_OConnor and@Ralphieboy had come aboard.  It sure took the pressure off him and his longtime friend BigMoe.

It had been some long busy days lately and just as he thought he would finally get some rest last night but a situation can up with a disloyal person from Detroit.  Evidently, she was here in Philly and might cause some trouble.   I hung around making sure ours here in Philly weren’t in harm’s way.  After speaking to my good friend Serana also from Detroit she informed me that everything wasn't t under control, that it was only a matter of time before the drama would end.  She thanked me for my help and I finally was able to close my eyes for a couple of hours.

As I started to straighten up my desk, placing the picture of my deceased mother in a proper place the phone rang.  Damn this looks like it going to be my firsts call on my private line.  As he answered her heard Bubbles distinct voice and the minute I heard it I knew exactly what she was calling about.

Hey my lady, yeah this is Sho.

Yeah, I got the letter, it’s right in front of me.  I am sorry I haven’t called you but I’ve just been so busy.

I’m so glad you understand but I want you to know I have BigMoe on the streets checking it out.  I also have two new security people checking it out also.

Yeah, that kind of pissed me off too.  Why short us the shipment they send a letter letting us know.  It’s kind of ass backward to me.  Chef Mac secured a shipment in from New Orleans for me and I also sent a shipment to the  Townsville lounge.

Take a big sip of his coffee, walks over and pours a shot of whiskey in it.

No need to thank me it's was no problem at all.

The real problem is this Irish operation is a real tight-knit group.  BigMoe, Aidan, and Ralphie have all types of contacts out there and they really can’t get the 411 on things.

Yeah, I know.  Had we known Mr. Sam Galanti didn’t have the muscle to handle his fucking business we would have cut ties with him a long time ago.  But he was a decent man.  I liked him.

Roger that, he said in the letter If you want to make some kind of deal with the Irish to possibly keep your orders filled I can probably get you a meeting.  @Aidan_OConner told me he doesn’t even know the big man heading up this shit.  He tried to shake down one of his supposed to be men but wasn’t able to come up with anything about who and the whereabouts of the person or persons controlling shit.  Ralphieboy even took a  beautiful  Irish lady Aileen to see if she could use her persuasive charms to get some information. 

Don’t laugh we are working all angles.

Report Post Tip

Bubbles sat there on the other side of the phone just listening to everything that Sho_Nuff was saying. It seemed like he already had things under control, for the most part. He already had a new supplier and was directing shipments up to her bar as well. A dealer out of New Orleans of all places, who would have thought? She really didn't have any contacts down in the deep south but it was nice to know that she knew someone that did. It was always a plus having multiple options, it helped keep costs down and stood a better chance of keeping the FEDs out of their business.

He really didn't seem that worried about the Irish taking out their supplier in Atlantic City, mainly because of the other outlets that he already had lined up. Which was understandable and it made her feel a bit more comfortable in that regards but the situation was still a bit uneasy for her.

"See, here is my issue and this is has nothing to do with my relationship with Sam. The Irish have pushed their way into Atlantic City, with force. What's not to say Atlantic City isn't enough for them and they want to try and push into New York or Philadelphia?"

She stopped for a moment to let that sink in.

"I don't care if they have taken over operations in Atlantic City but I think we have to make sure they realize who runs the east coast. What do you say about you and myself have a face to face. Meet up somewhere and talk things over a bit more in detail?"

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff could hear the concern in Bubbles voice.

I hear ya, we can't have that shit happening.

I am having a special celebration for @HeniDucard on Sunday.  Why don't you fly in tonight or tomorrow?  I will have Aidan_OConnor, Ralphieboy, JohnnyTheMan, and Osiris, some of the best for this to be ready to discuss how we might handle this problem.  We need to get the manpower together.   Maybe bring your guys from New York in.  Take care of business and have a little fun also. 

How does that sound? 

Report Post Tip

Bubbles paused for a moment as she flipped through her calendar.

"I have a thing going on tonight out here in New York. A dinner of sorts with a couple local politicians. I can head down there to Philadlphia tomorrow morning though. I'll make sure to drag BumbleBee along with me, I won't give him the option not to come."

She took the phone away from her ear and cupped the receiver to try and muffle the sound as best as possible. Though her voice could still be heard on the other side of the line.

"BEE! YOU'RE COMING TO PHILLY WITH ME IN THE MORNING, SO MAKE SURE YOUR SCHEDULE IS CLEARED."

Putting the phone back to her ear, she continued the conversation with Sho_Nuff.

"Yeah, so we will be down there in the morning at some point. Where do you want us to meet you?"

Report Post Tip

Waiting patiently for Bubbles to return to the phone.

Sounds good my friend.   I will reserve your favorite room and hold a few extras open for those coming with you.  I will notify everyone on this end to be prepared to have a meeting tomorrow regarding all of this. 

You take care and look forward to seeing you tomorrow.  

As ShoNuff hung up the phone he thought to himself we really have to take of this and quick.

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff calls  BigMoe into his office.  When he arrived he asked him to have a seat and poured both of them a shot.

Moe how the investigation coming along with Sam Galanti?

BigMoe downed his shot.

Boss, I have spoken to that man several times.  He doesn’t have a clue who the people are shaking him down. All he knows it’s an Irish gang.  They have been sweating him for a while now.  He has been paying them money.  The only thing he knew about the man collecting is that he had a tattoo of a leprechaun holding a hand full of gold coins on his right arm.  He said the first time the busted into his office, put a gun in his mouth and told him he had to pay 1k a week protection money.

What the fuck where they protecting. 

Some of his shipments were getting highjacked.  He found out the same people he was paying were the ones highjacking his shipments so he stopped paying. 

Clever operation

I feel sorry for the man.  He’s an honest man and they have beat him up a couple of times. Then his sister’s house burned down.  The inspectors said it was arson.

Do you think they are from Atlantic City or just working it?

They just work it, Boss.  They ain't from there.

OK listen up. Godmother Bubbles will be arriving tomorrow morning to have a meeting with us.

I need to to get in touch with Aidan_OConnor, Ralphieboy,JohnnyTheMan, and Osiris counting on his fingers and let them know about the meeting.   I don’t know exactly what time,  make sure they are around the Complex somewhere tomorrow. Someone knows something about this gang and we have to find them.

I gotcha Boss.  I still have people down there working so maybe I will get word on something. Let me get another shot.

ShoNuff pours him another.

OK, Moe just keeps checking.  Maybe put a few more of your boys on it.  And until we get another supplier have Mac order us a few more shipments for here and New York.

Will do Boss.

Appreciate you, man. 

Moe leaves the office and ShoNuff just sits there wondering who these people could be. 

Report Post Tip
RalphieBoy knew he had to step in and help Sho_Nuff with the liquor problem after a few hours and many conversations with people in the old country I found out it was 200 cases coming in the New York harbor and it was headed for a F.B.I. event in Washington D.C. The ship arrived at 10:00p.m. by 10:20 the liquor will be offloaded and the crew will began to move freight from in side the ship to outside the ship on the pier and no one will be watching the shipment. I arrived at the harbor at 10:22 the shipment is there. Pulling up behind the load I jump out and begin to load quickly. I feel a huge hand touch my shoulder from behind. It's BigMoe right on time I talked to him earlier and told him to meet me and help me load this shipment
up. Tens later loaded packed and I tip my hat to BigMoe and he pulls off. I light a Cuban and start crying laughing at the big score we just hit. Plus wait til the F.B.I. event pops off and their whistles will be wet and dry.
Wonder what the boss will think.....
Report Post Tip

ShoNuff just had to laugh about the incident with RalphieBoy and BigMoe.

You guys just love to do your thing.  But the operation we had in Atlantic City was legit and we need to keep things that way.  This gang moved in on our operation and we aren't going for that.  We are going to find this gang and take them out.   What I really need you all to do is concentrate on ending their reign of terror.  We are going the have a meeting later with Bubbles and her people, put our heads together and see where we are going with this.

What I need you to do is think of every resource you have in Atlantic City and try and find out who and where these fuckers are.

I know it was a clean job, but we need to focus on this gang. 

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff thought to himself for a second then turned to @Rahpieboy and BigMoe.

But on the other hand, this might be a good thing.  There's a possibility that this Irish gang had something to do with this shipment.  Maybe it was theirs.  If so people will start asking questions as to who might have highjacked it. Keep your hears open to anyone asking questions about it.

Report Post Tip

I was just falling into a deep sleep when there was someone knocking on his door.  Naomi had just left to long ago and he thought maybe she had left something and coming back for it.  Sleepily I made my way to the door and it was BigMoe.  I opened the door and BigMoe just made his way in and into the kitchen.

What ya got to eat Sho, I am starving.

Moe, it’s 5:30 in the morning.  There’s plenty of shit in there to eat but I’m not fixing anything.  I’m going back to bed,

No, hold up Boss I have things to tell you. 

I watched BigMoe pull out a skillet, then went over to the refrig and took out some bacon.  As he started to fry the bacon

I just got back from New York and Sho I think you were right. Either it was that Irish gang shipment or the had the same intentions of hijacking it. But there are some pretty pissed people out there so I heard. Someone dropped the name Vincent or Maddog they call him.

We have to get @Aidan_OConner to New York.  A big burly brother like me can’t really get information unless I'm threatening to kill someone.

I just sat on a stool at the counter and listened to Moe.

This dude is ugly Sho.  My sources told me he allegedly participated in a kidnapping attempt that resulted in the shooting death of a child

<font color="#66CCFF">Damn Man.</font>

Yeah, they work out of the Bronx.

That bacon sure was smelling good about now. Moe grabbed a couple slices of bread,  made us both a sandwich and put t the plate in front of me.

Sho and I think the guy with the tattoo is named "Big Bill" Dwyer,

<font color="#66CCFF">Wow, for a big burly brother you sure can get some information out there.</font>

Man you know I got my means.

As we finished up eating the bacon sandwiches

Godmother Bubbles will be pleased with the information you obtained.  She got hung up in New York yesterday but arrived late last night.  We will meet sometime this morning I hope, if I can get a little more sleep. 

I left Moe in the kitchen and went off to my bedroom.

Report Post Tip

Aidan sat in Sho_Nuff 's office, listening to the explanation of everything going on. It wasn't difficult to gather that the stress of the situation at hand was great. Puffing on a cigarette, he leaned back in his chair and waited for Sho to finish.

"So lemme get t'is straight... Yeh had a business deal wit' someone named Sam back in Atlantic Cit'y, an' t'ey supplied booze ta bot' yehself an' Godmot'er Bubbles in Manhattan. T'ey've been run outta business by teh Irish. T'reatenin' teh chiselers an' burnin' houses sounds like t'em."

He sighed, shaking his head and taking a drag on his cigarette, blowing the smoke in the air.

"Anyweh, Sam go' run outta town... An' we're worried t'at teh Irish won' stop wit' Atlantic cit'y, hi?" Aidan grinned as Sho nodded his understanding of it so far.

"Okay t'en... An' Big Moe come up wit' some tattooed wanker wit' t'eh name Dwyer, workin' outta teh Bronx, hi?"

Again Sho nodded in agreement. Aidan grinned even wider, puffing on that cigarette one more time before snubbing it between his fingers.

"T'en I suppose I should be gettin' meself ta New York an' meetin' up wit' t'is Mr. Dwyer. See if'n we cannae make 'im see t'ings our way. Or maybe we'll take o'er Atlantic cit'y ourselves... Wha'daya t'ink about t'at, Sho?"

Aidan chuckled and dropped the butt of his cigarette in the trash bin near the door.

"I go' me a few t'ings ta iron out, an' t'en I'll get meself on teh nex' plane ta New York an' see if'n I cannae sort t'is out. Nae yeh worry yer lit'le 'eads about it. Tell Godmot'er Bubbles t'at' Aidan O'Connor be on it."

Aidan was out of his seat and through Sho's door before he could even say anything, a resounding slam of wood on wood as the frame cracked slightly. Seemed Aidan was ready to take some anger out on someone... Something was itching up his backside... Maybe it had to do with that mess from FionaBelfry . Maybe these guys had something to do with that as well. Maybe they wanted to expand into Bella Vista from the Bronx. Little did they know, Philadelphia was no pushover, and they would pay dearly for their mistakes.

Report Post Tip

ShoNuff fumbles through some papers and gets frustrated.

Damn you can never find shit when you need it.

Yeah, that's about right Aidan_OConnor.  Seems like we are dealing with a ruthless bunch here.  I know with your contacts you are the man for the job.  Just find out what you can and get back with me.   I will let Bubbles know we are still working hard on it and getting closer to finding these people.  You know as always I really appreciate you. I agree they must pay dearly.

As Aidan leaves he turns back to the stack of paper to find what he was looking for.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Mutual Interest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL