Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 11:40:22
Page:  1 
Let's make a deal. Started by: Burnett on May 23, '18 06:54

Burnett was driving a Hacker-Craft slowly through the Venice canals. No not the ones in Italy but the ones in Venice, Los Angeles. Built in 1905 by some developer they sounded like a good idea at the time but now Twenty seven years later they were uglier than the ones in Italy, smelled like shit and there were now fewer of them after the city of Los Angeles voted to pave over most of them and turn them into  roads. Burnett wasn't here to take in the sights though he was here on business.

As the boat passed under a walkway right on time he heard two thuds. The first was the bag of cash and the second was the angry Mexican carrying a Tommygun to whom it belonged to. He aims the gun at Burnett but Burnett hits the gas making him fall and the bullets go shooting up in the air. The Mexican almost fell off but was still holding on Burnett tries to shake him off the boat and finally he falls off and into the blades of the boat killing him. Burnett breathes a sigh of relief thinking that the hard part done but he was wrong he looked back and saw two more boats chasing after him. Great more pissed off Mexicans.

They were no longer in the Venice Canals but were now heading towards the Pacific ocean. Burnett took out his Colt 1911 and started shooting at them. He managed to shoot the driver of one of the boats in the head sending him out of commission but he still had the other boat to worry about. Burnett slows down and waits for the other boat to catch up. Waiting for the right angle Burnett jumps onto the other boat. They both stumbled around hitting each other no guns, no weapons, just fists.

Burnett hits him with an uppercut but the goon responds with a shot to the kidneys. The goon rushes forward swining wildly at Burnett but misses. Burnett counters him with a right hook that knocks him out cold. Burnett would show mercy but if the goon lived he would go back to his boss he couldn't have that so Burnett picked up his Colt 1911 and shot him in the head twice. He takes the boat and the money and heads back to shore.

He was meeting with a partner of his who told him about this job Angelo. He wasn't a big cat but If you wanted to do a deal in L.A. in one way or another you'd end up having to do business with Angelo. Burnett and Angelo had been working together for a couple of weeks now. He had slicked back hair, a black blazer and was smoking a cigar sitting on the hood of his car.

"You got the money?"

"Yeah I got our money. But where the hell did those other guys come from? You said that these guys were trustworthy. That they wouldn't doublecross you."

"They didn't. I did. Why give them the drugs when I can keep the money and the drugs for myself?"

"Sort your own shit out if they come back. I'm done with you if all you want to do is run around like a cowboy."

"I doubt they come back. Anyway I have a job for you."

Angelo hands Burnett a file with a name on it. Carlos Strozzi. He was a big distributor here in LA who moved around a lot of weight for a lot of people. Angelo wanted Burnett to get friendly with Strozzi so that they could steal his shipment.

"Fine I'll do it. But you better pay me double."

Report Post Tip

After weeks of trying to setup a meet with Carlos Strozzi it finally happened. Burnett's reputation of selling drugs on the streets of Los Angeles was starting to get noticed by a lot of people both good and bad he'd gotten ripped off, shot at, and even tied up and that was just last week. The folks at the FBN were also paying attention on what was going on in Los Angeles and would have probably had a room full of files on Burnett by now. Either way he was finally meeting with the big bad wolf, Carlos Strozzi.

He was driving in his 1932 Cadillac V-16 convertible with Angelo and they drove past tennis courts and mansions. Carlos Strozzi lived in a penthouse in the Beverly Hills hotel and they got the impression that they were dealing with a different breed of criminal. They arrived in the lobby and then went up the elevator. It was pretty easy to spot which room Strozzi was staying in with the guard in front of the door. He pats both Angelo and Burnett down and then opens the door. They were both unarmed a situation that made Burnett feel uneasy if shit were to hit the fan he didn't think he'd make it out alive.

They are greeted by the smell of Marijuana and the sweet sounds of Duke Ellington and his Orchestra are heard playing on a very expensive record player. It was a pretty nice suite with a beautiful view of Los Angeles from the balcony. Carlos Strozzi is dancing and singing along to the song while also playing with firecrackers. He was wearing only a robe and looked drunk. He was definitely not the guy Burnett was expecting.

"So you're the guy who's making it rain in this city."

"And you're the guy who's making half of LA believe that you're a scary ghost."

Strozzi just laughs.

"Now lets get down to business."

Burnett opens up a briefcase filled with hundred dollar bills In total there was probably about $50,000 in that briefcase. Money that he earned doing an honest days work, by dealing drugs of course. Strozzi's eyes light up when he sees it all but Burnett closes it immediately wiping the smile away from Strozzi's face.

"I'm a very busy man. I want thirty keys and I want them by the end of this week. If you can make that happen great if not I don't want to waste my time."

"Don't worry. I always deliver on time."

"I always worry when It's my money involved."

"I'm the one taking all the risk here. If something goes wrong it's my ass that ends up dead. So far I always make sure that I'm covered and the product is worth every dollar."

Then men shake hands finally agreeing on the deal.

"I'll be in touch when the product is in town."

Angelo and Burnett leave the suite and get into the car. They both breathe a sigh of relief that they got out of there alive.

Report Post Tip

"He's moving now."

Burnett was looking through some Binoculars at the Port of Los Angeles. He saw Strozzi and his men all holding Thompson sub machine guns and meeting with another group of men probably the suppliers who were all also holding Thompson sub machine guns. They had gotten tipped off that the shipment was moving today and were waiting for the perfect opportunity to rip it off from Strozzi. They were outnumbered and if they wanted to pull this off they had to wait for Strozzi and his men to load up his trucks full of coke and then wait for the perfect moment to hijack the trucks. Angelo found some hired muscle to bring along for the job. They weren't just some hoods straight off from the street. James Zito and Stan Jones. James was a skinny guy with a beard and Long straight hair. Stan Jones was bit more burly and had a curly mustache.

They didn't look like the type of people you'd think are dangerous criminals but both of them had very long rap sheets that included Murder, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and made you wonder how they were still able to remain free men or not sent to the chair. They were all hiding in a milk van nearby that they stole from some milkmen in Santa Monica earlier in the morning with Zito and Jones dressed to look the part.

"Alright remember the plan. You two hop out of the van and pretend like you've got a flat tire. While me and Angelo go hide out in the bushes. One of the drivers tries to help and be a good Samaritan and probably get some free milk out of it. Jones will then offer the driver a bottle of milk and smacks him in the head with it that's the signal and we then hop out of the bushes and steal the trucks."

They wait about two more hours until finally all of the trucks are all loaded up and start moving. They looked like normal trucks and belonged to Shark trucking company. It was probably a front but they employed lots of normal civilians who didn't know what exactly they were carrying. The trucks were probably headed to one of Strozzi's many warehouses in the city. Burnett looked at his watch. Showtime.

The trucks did what he predicted they would do the first truck stopped and the driver hopped out with the driver of the second truck paying no mind to what was going on and listening to the radio. Zito and Jones played their parts well. They told him that they had gotten a flat tire on their way back to return their milk van at the office. The driver helps them replace the tire and then Jones offers him a bottle of milk smacking him in the head with it. Burnett and Angelo hop out of the bushes and Angelo runs towards the second truck and kicks the driver out. Burnett hops into the first truck and they both drive away.

Angelo knew a guy named Frank who owned a garage over in Crenshaw and it was the perfect place for them to hide the trucks and the drugs for a couple of days to wait for the heat to die down before they decided what to do with the coke. They park the trucks and congratulate themselves on a successful job.

"We did it!"

"We're fuckin rich man. We just need to find a buyer now."

"I know a couple of people. Maybe we can set something up. If we can't find a buyer we could just sell it all back to Strozzi."

They both laugh.

"He's probably pissed by now. I think it's best we lay low maybe get out of town for a couple of days."

"Agreed."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Let's make a deal.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL