Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 01:49:24
Page:  1 
Rat in a cage Started by: Artur on May 26, '18 13:59

There he was, looking through the fence at the dockyards again. He stood there almost every morning since he was a young boy. Artur was an orphan, he had no idea who his parents were or where they are. He'd been living on the streets scavenging for food since he was old enough to walk Beside Artur stood his best friend, and probably the reason no one really messed with him on the streets. Max Seeger was a big boy, a little bit of it was chub, but a lot of it was muscle and no one wanted to see him do more than flex those muscles. Max and Artur escaped from a foster home together and the two of them had been making mischief ever since, anything that looked fun or got them food was on the table any day of the week as they walked around town. Every morning was spent looking out at the dockyards though, both boys wanted very much so to join the navy and tour the world. Living off the streets was just temporary until they where old enough.

The day carried on much like any other day, a little bit of mischief to pay for meals. Artur was the brains, Max was the brawns of the operation. As the day was moving on towards evening the real fun starts for the duo, it's easier to steal from shops at night after the store owner goes home to be with his family. It's like taking candy from a baby, tonight Artur decided to hit up an electronics shop. Living on the streets they had no use for any of this stuff, but they understood its value well enough to know it was worth the risk. Artur picked the lock letting himself and Max into the store for a little late night shopping. They were looking to carry out a few items tonight so TVs were off the table. As they were trying to decide which items to take they heard police sirens getting louder. Something must be going down in this area, they decided to just nab something quick and scram, little did they know the police were headed right to the store they were currently at. As they exited the front, booty in hand, the cops rounded the corner in their car and shouted for the team to halt.

Naturally, the two dropped their loot and booked it around the corner, cars have troubles keeping up with pedestrians not going down the sidewalk. Artur hopped a fence and continues running till he thought for sure he had lost his pursuers. Turning around he expected to have a good laugh with Max over their almost arrest only Max wasn't there. Artur leaned casually up against the wall to catch his breath and wait figuring his friend just couldn't match his pace but would arrive around the corner shortly. After waiting for what seemed like ages he gave up and figured his friend must have gone a different route to escape pursuit.

The next morning he was back at the dockyard looking through the fence again, only he was alone. Max didn't show up that morning either. Max took a casual stroll by the local jailhouse and that's when he saw his friend. Max was looking out of the jail yard at him, as Artur noticed his friend he hung his head, guess they were not as free as he thought. His friend was now a rat in a cage waiting for the trial that would convict him of thievery.

Report Post Tip

Twist was walking down a city street when he had seen a breaking and entering taking place.  He decided he was going to sit back and watch, maybe even go in after to see what may be left behind.  Sirens wailed out into the city streets and Twist just knew they were coming to the local shop.  He decided to cross the street and hide in the shadows of a dark alley.  Once the sirens got closer he seen two children running out of the electronic shop with arms full of goods.  These children looked homeless and it really touched Twists heart because he remembered when he was in their shoes.  

Directly after the kids ran out of the store the police were there to try to snag the duo up and bring them to jail.  The smaller one took off as fast as lightning. The bigger one was pretty much caught instantly. The police stayed in pursuit of the smaller child leaving the store unattended. 

Twist runs over to the goods that had fell from the kids arms and scoops them up.  After retrieving the stolen goods Twist goes back to the alley and found a pillow case in the dumpster.  He packed the case full of the items, threw the bag over his shoulder and walked down the street looking for the boy that remained out of police custody.  

He looked all night for the youngster but couldn't find him anywhere.  Twist thought to himself maybe he ended up getting caught.  By this time the sun was up and birds were chirping.  Twist decided to go look around the local jail.  Still holding the pillow case he seen the smaller of the two looking into the jail at his friend. Twist approached the young man with a smile, which he always has due to his mask.

Twist hands Artur the pillow case full of the stuff he was trying to steal the night before.  The clown gracefully takes a bow and turns away and strolls back down the street looking for mischief. Thinking to himself that was my good deed for the day.

Report Post Tip

Artur stands in shock for a second as the clown hands him a pillowcase. After the man walks away he shakes himself clear and looks into the pillowcase wondering what he was just gifted. Shocked again he looks from the pillowcase to the man's back and then back into the pillowcase. He turns and leaves the scene himself pillowcase in tow with a mournful look at his friend Max still stuck inside the jailyard. Perhaps he can use the money from the contents in the pillowcase to free his friend, a very interesting day this was turning out to be. Artur went down to his usual spot to sell his goods without prying eyes, towards the afternoon he had either sold on the streets or pawned off what was in the pillowcase and decided to head back up towards the jail. Fearing being recognized he paid another street urchin to approach the jail with the bail money and stood back in the shadows to make sure the kid did his job.

Rat in a cage no more, his friend Max met him about a half an hour later. An apologetic shrug was all he could muster for his friend as they turned and went down to a local diner to get something to eat.

Report Post Tip

after the child took the pillow case, Twist wondered around for the next few hours wondering what to do. He called his bodyguard from the payphone and had him meet Twist at the dock. When the bodyguard arrived Twist was talking with the tall Native American bodyguard about a possible heist that was being in the works but the problem was that he needed a few more people. One for lookout and one for driver. He knew that his bodyguard RedFoot and himself could handle the stick up alone. RedFoot had a idea hon who he could ask a long childhood friend. So after the bodyguard called the possible driver he told Twist that he would be meeting them at the dinner.

While eating at the diner the old friend of the bodyguard walks in and takes a seat with the couple. Twist hands over a envolope containing all the details of the heists and the job duties of the driver. The guy was in shock with a immediate response!

”He’ll no RedFoot you know I’m trying to stay on the straight and narrow! I thought we were coming up here to catch up on old times not discuss a robbery with a ugly creepy clown, I’m out of here.”

Twist took the disrespect hard and began to go crazy in his own head.  He started slapping his head trying to get the thoughts of nursing the disrespectful friend of his bodyguard.  When Twist threw the chair from behind him and began to go after the man , the front door to the dinner opened and Twist seen the two kids that were robbing the electronic store the night before.

Twist gets RedFoots attention and points at the two thief’s.  

“There just kids boss, you really want to bring them in on the plan?”

Twist nods quickly and directs RedFoot to invite Artur and max to their table.

”Hey youngsters I don’t know why my boss chose you but he wants me to invite you to sit at our table and discuss business?”

Report Post Tip

As Artur and Max walk into the diner they notice a scene developing, one that quickly involves them for some reason. The strange man that gifted Arthur the items he tried to steal the night before was in the diner and without a word pointed towards him. After which another man approached him and Max and asked them to sit down at a table. Figuring he kinda owed it to the man who helped him get his friend out of jail he nodded and walked over to the table, Max following in his wake still unsure what was happening. Artur picked up the thrown chair and sat in it after placing it in front of the table. Waving the waitress over he had food brought out to the table for them and then waved her off to give them alone time. While waiting for his meal Artur gave Max a sidelong look and then nodded his head at the clown waiting for the man to continue.

Report Post Tip

As the young men sit down at the table Twist and his bodyguard look at one another. Twist whispers into his bodyguard s ear which caused a reaction that was in pleasant.

”What do you mean you are going to switch me and Artur?”

Twist stood up and pulled his arm back like he was going to slap RedFoot in his head.

”Ok ok I got it boss, sit down young men we need to go over the plan!”

RedFoot pulls pictures and papers out of the envelope.  The papers were notes on all the traffic going in and out of the bank. Also had open and close times and times when everyone took breaks.  In the pictures were security guards and there family.  Also a blueprint of the bank and a key to a safety deposit box.

”Ok well since either one of you can drive looks like I turned into the driver!  Max you will be placed on the corner on 2nd street with the walkie talkie.  You will be the look out if you notice anything specific or out of the ordinary say something over the walkie. Also you will be disabling the payphone so nobody can make a call.  Artur you will be going in with Twist the main goal is to get to that safety deposit box not money.  We need the contents of that box.  I will park the car and walk around the building placing max at the payphone, then I will cut the alarm cord in the back, then I will walkie you 2 to go in.  I will get back to the car and wait for the police call on the scanner.  When that call comes in you two will know it’s time to hurry!”

Twist threw a mask at Artur and nodded.  

Report Post Tip

Artur couldn't believe what he was hearing, a big part of him wanted to get up from the table and walk away. He'd done some small mischief, coning old men stealing purses nothing serious. This man wanted him to steal from a bank, that was big mischief. They'd probably never let him in the navy if he went through with this, on the other hand, he did kinda owe the guy. And the guy didn't look very interested in taking no for an answer considering he had already tossed a mask at him. Surprisingly enough he'd managed to catch the mask without looking like an oaf. Looking down at the mask he noticed it was a clown face, similar but not the same as the one the man was currently sporting himself. It was almost comical but it would do the task of hiding his identity he figured. With a nod of his head Artur made up his mind, but first, he needed to ask a few more questions. Looking between the bodyguard and the clown he asks in a low voice, "Where is this bank?" Then he asked, "What's the split?" Finally, he asked,  "When are we doing this?"

Report Post Tip

Twist and RedFoot seen the concern in the kids face. Not knowing weather or not they should disclose the location right off the bat Twist gave RedFoot the nod to disclose.

”For the location Artur we are talking downtown Las Angeles, I know it seems pretty unbelievable but it shouldn’t take longer than 3 minuets in and out like we said we need on deposit box and that’s it.  As far as payout we won’t be getting any cash out of the bank but my boss Twist here is willing to pay both you and max 100,000 each. 50,000 each now and 50,000 each after.  When is a good question we are thinking in the next day or two.  You guys are down right?”

This was a stressful time for the boys, looking at one another they finally figured the payout would be worth it.  Beside the clown looks like he was quite a pro at crime.  After the kids gave Twist the nod Twist patted RedFoot on the shoulder.  RedFoot had Artur and Max follow him out to the car. Pulling out a few cigarettes and lighting them for the teens.  RedFoot gets the packages ready and hands two envelopes to the boys with 50,000 a piece in it.

”here’s the first payment I will need you guys to meet us here at 9oclock AM tomorrow and we will get started.”

Artur nodded and the boys walked off happy with the initial payment.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rat in a cage
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL