Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 12:34:32
Page:  1 
In Bocca al Lupo. Started by: JackMezzo on Jun 01, '18 23:27

Sat on a wall outside the Pharmacy, Jack swung his legs like a child, though dressed much more appropriately for his role. He felt his mind wander, considering the choices he'd made in his life. Where he'd been, and where he was going.

- • -

In the mouth of the wolf. That's certainly how he felt. Let alone whatever good fortune it suggested, Jack was instead feeling the literal translation of the phrase at this moment.

Small enough to fit inside a kitchen cabinet, the apparent shelter it provided could not shield him from the defiant roar of his mother as they broke down the door. She didn't scream, or whimper, beg or cry. She knew what this moment was, what was to happen, as would Jack later in life.

The report of gunfire. She took their bullets, eventually stumbling backwards, dragging herself toward her son.

Jack saw the jet black spirals of her hair press up against the door as it closed, blocking out the last of his light. On the other side his mother sat slumped, her back against the cabinet, taking her final breaths. 

Silence, for a moment. Then footsteps.

They moved her body to the side and soon she lay motionless in a macabre state of peace. The door opened. 

Tearful and quivering, Jack peered out at the figures stood over him. Stoic and menacing, the handful of assassins stepped to the side to let another though. He dropped to a crouch and looked directly into Jacks eyes. A pause, then he spoke. Emotionless and unyielding.

"I don't like lucky people, kid. To me lucky people have a particular... advantage."

His accent was thick and commanding. He gestured with his hands as he spoke.

"I'm also not in the business of killing no kids. However, let us says you decide to seek a little, eh, retribution for what has happened here. I need to be assured that you ain't the type to get lucky, capisce?"

Jack remained silent and motionless. The man removed a coin from inside a tailored jacket pocket and held it up. it gleamed in the light of the breaking dawn. The reflection of his mothers pooling blood was clear as the rising sun.

"Now you're gonna pick a side, then I am gonna flip this coin, and we are gonna see just how lucky you are."

Jack indicated to the side facing him. The man stood. He nodded towards the boy, the coin flipped. His mouth uttered those words.

"In Bocca al Lupo..."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: In Bocca al Lupo.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL