Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 21:54:43
Page:  1 
Achivements Started by: Somnyoneshoe on Jun 16, '18 19:26

Why are there no achivements for forum activity?

I know posts are a hard thing because the legth and contents of them can be very different, but still. Maybe it could be so that like you can tip, you could "approve" a post and once say 10 people did so it counted towards achivement.

Report Post Tip

Isnt it enough that all who write much in forums get good enough in credits?

Report Post Tip

I think it is quite alot of credits you get and yeah maybe abit on the extreme side if you post alot, i just think achivements are good for setting goals. Atleast i use em that way. So i would like to see achivements for posting.

Maybe if you could implement the idea of others having to ok your post could be applied to forum credits aswell limiting them abit??

Report Post Tip
Why not put this in the suggestion forum? Not that I agree right enough. I think there are more than enough rewards already
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Oh come on, you could say that about anything... example:

"Isn't it enough you got a +1 to your gun when you shot rogue, do you need an achievement too?"

"Isn't it enough you got a boost to your stat when you _______ , do you need an achievement too?"

Point is this:  you're doing something on the site and you spend time on it = achievement. 

Also, you don't get credits for posting unless you have forum VIP and not everyone who posts on the forums has that so, I kinda see his point.

Also - yes, this probably could be moved to suggestions.  It's not a bad idea.  I could see achievements given for  

1.  Giving tips. 

2.  Your post getting tips.

Maybe other things too.  *shrug*

I'm just here to watch people whine and complete my daily hustle. 

Report Post Tip

If achievements are implemented for the writing /rp aspect of this game,   I don't think activities that are based on your "friends, clique, group" sending you tips for your post is beneficial (that  would be abuse of the system and really has no merit on writing itself.)  ,  same as an achievement for getting tips( easily abused by clique groups). Just my opinion.

Possible Role play achievements: 

1. Create a character ( maybe have a character creation form and you get an achievement reward for filling it out).  

2. can have various achievements based on length of posts. ( 500 words, 750, 1000, etc.)

3. various achievements on amount of posts although this would need a sort of guide line or it would be easily abused with junk posts and spammy crap. maybe ( 1 post, make 10 post with a post being defined as a min 500 words)

4 can have achievement for rping others ( maybe  1 person would  e stage 1 , 3 people stage. etc.)

5. A series of achievements for participating in rps or starting rps maybe two separate achievement for these.

6 achievements for business district maybe some mimic streets such as the length achievements, amount achievement, starting X amount of threads, participating in x amount.

Just some ideas to bounce around or stimulate other ideas.

Report Post Tip

Every single one of those ideas is prone to abuse.  Especially any that are for the word count, as that will simply encourage people to add things that add no value whatsoever. 

Bill Gates once said:

Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.

The rewards for posting are already vast, you get credits if you have VIP (which isn't hard to obtain) and you can even earn hustle points.  There is no need to add arbitrary achievements to gain further rewards.

Report Post Tip

I think that achievements should be an event and not be that you have to click specifically on the achievements to get the reward.

Report Post Tip
Quality>Quantity, this and the credits with VIP forum ‘spamming’ give more incentive to post tons of short content rather than a few well-developed threads

I generally support anything that rewards writing... but I think forum achievements would be a horrible idea. Look at what happens with the daily hustle and the outside forum.

Are the outside forums a new place for wonderful discussions? Or are they mostly full of crap that people post to get their +1 Daily Hustle without reading anyone else's?

I feel like any attempts to reward street, OOC, and business district posts based on quantity would severely decrease the quality that is currently there. 

Nitesprite, I really enjoy your idea of story-based/writing based quality achievements, but I feel like that would be very, very hard to track and reward. 

I can absolutely get behind writing being rewarded with XP/credits (in addition to the rewards of doing it for its own sake), but I'd be very, very concerned to see forum-centric achievements. 

GavinAndTaraByrne, no doubt for the exact same reasons as myself.  I can't see a single justifiable reason to implement anything that provides achievements for posts, given that there are already so many rewards as it is.  

If anything, given the nature of families, you could just implement achievements for anything.  Paid your taxes?  Achievement.  Bought a BG?  Achievement.  There is no value behind those types of mediocre achievements.  

I would like to know what defines well-developed threads. Would it be the threads that are nothing short of a chapter and the Author? My view is all thoughts shared regardless of opinion are just as interesting and important.

The idea if 10 people tipped thus approving a thread, earns an achievement, is of no interest to me.

Report Post Tip

I could easily get 10 of my friends to "tip" my posts and then send them the money back with a little extra as a thank you. 

Way too easy to manipulate the system... 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Achivements
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL