Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:00:51
Page:  1 
The Kiwi That Never Sleeps Started by: Spaceman on Jun 21, '18 08:41

New York.  A train ride away from Leo Spaceman's stomping ground in Philadelphia, Spaceman had traveled many a time during his interning days - always finding cadavers or seedy medical assistants for his "experimental" practice.  Spaceman wasn't here for personal pleasure, however. With the city unoccupied by a stable crime presence, the risk of mindless, zombie-like goons overrunning the city grew each day. 

As such, the Spaceman found himself in a cafe that overlooked a strip of Brooklyn mixed-use development space, opposite Jemaine_Clement.  A whimsical man with a gift for music with an accent that betrayed the occasional bout of ruthlessness in his line of work, Clement was now the proud owner of a small sliver of land that sat across from them.

"As part of the restructuring process for the city of New York, Manhattan will have some friends from Los Angeles take over management operations there.  Brooklyn will now be administered by yourself through.. let me see what the legal name for this."

Spaceman pulled out a few sheets of paper from his messenger bag before locating the business license.

"..the New York New Zealand Office of Tourism, hereby referred to as NYNZOT."

Spaceman raised an eyebrow as he darted a look towards the office space and back to Jemaine once more.

"What?  Why? Do people even know where New Zealand is?  Actually, don't tell me.  I'll go in with fresh eyes."

Spaceman took a final sip of his espresso and pulled out a single dollar bill and left it on the table as the two men made their way out of the cafe.  Undoing the knot that had tied @Rubix to the side of the cafe, Spaceman scratched Rubix's chin and crossed the street with him to Jemaine's new office. A grand opening banner hung wide inside the interior as the two entered the property, adorned with Kiwi-themed paraphernalia and brochures for tour packages as a musician played acoustic guitar in the corner of the office, a bodyguard for Jemaine watching on, stoically.  Spaceman unhooked the leash from Rubix's collar, allowing him free passage to roam the building.

Perhaps the grand opening could have had a little more foot traffic.  In another life, Spaceman may have even been tempted to hire actors to give the opening a little more buzz - but a subtle presence was nothing to sneeze at, either.  Jemaine signaled Spaceman to the back entrance, revealing a large mail room filled to the brim with packaging, adhesives and a dizzying array of paper varieties as well as tools.

"..and the money's here.  Customs doesn't have a clue what we send or slip by.  Passports, birth certificates made on a fly.  Oh.."

Jemaine pulled out of his coat pocket a small book that he handed Spaceman - a passport for the Dominion of New Zealand.

"In case you need to lay low."

Spaceman nodded as he placed the passport in his pocket.  It wasn't Barbados, but it was something.   Spaceman ventured out with Jemaine to the main entrance, where the music had come to a stop.  The guitarist locked eyes with Jemaine as he timidly began to speak.

"S.. sir.. I was just wondering if I can take a break?  It's just.. I've been here since 7 in the morning and other than your security detail and you two, no one has walked i-"

"I paid you for twelve hours, and I'm going to fucking get it. Play!"  Jemaine shot back, as the acoustic guitar abruptly started back up again.

Spaceman shook his head as he looked out at the view of Brooklyn with Jemaine.

"You'll do well here.  There's a lot of work to do."

Report Post Tip

I certainly look forward to the challenge. I cant thank you enough for giving me the opportunities you did in Philly. 

Jemaine smiled and embraced his Boss warmly. Half a second later he turned and ushered Space to come with him through the new building. 

Come, this idea is genius. I've got people inside the DEA and they have no idea what were up to.They think that we've genuinely opened a new office for tourism. Thing is, we're going international from here. This is the best bit, have a look at my new office!

As he finishes his sentence he pulls back a curtain with his arm to show a very small room with a desk and a chair cramped behind it. 

How do you like that? Pretty impressive isnt it! Space did his best to fake an impressed smile at the modest room which had damp on the wall and a poster of New Zealand that read "Come visit us, down underer!!" 

Very good Jemaine, maybe once you get going you can get somewhere a bit bigger aye? Anyway, I have to be back to Philly. He turned to head back down the stairs as Jemaine looked at his back with a confused face. 

Yea, let me show you out. As they pass the main hallway a bodyguard with a guitar slung over his shoulder offers Spaceman a crate. 

A little gift to say thank you my friend. Jemaine explains as Spaceman takes the crate. I've also arranged a few nice things for you and the family back in Philly for when you return. 

Thank you once again, I cant wait to meet our friends from Los Angeles and start rebuilding this great city. 

Report Post Tip

Expansion is always a positive step. We have the opportunity to experience new leadership, and with the interests of Philadelphia and Los Angeles under one roof, a new dynamic.

Mr. Clement, you've been a pleasure to do business with within the city we know as Philly, now I'm keen to see what you achieve on your own.

Saluti!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Jemaine! Its an amazing opportunity and i have hopes you will do good to New York. 

Cheers for both you, and your upcoming family.

Report Post Tip

Jemaine, I'm so glad to see you get this opportunity! I look forward to working with your people in New York as well! 

Report Post Tip

Cheers Star! Thanks for stopping by :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Kiwi That Never Sleeps
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL