Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 00:31:48
Page:  1 
Lake Shore Rail Road - Come On Ride the Train! Started by: Isabella_Luciano on Jun 20, '18 02:14

Connecting Cincinnati to Toledo to Detroit to Chicago... Lake Shore Rail Road was one of the most cost effective (and comfortable) ways to travel.  On this particular day, Isabella and her Father Salvatore_Luciano were taking the train from Chicago back to Detroit after a visit with Godmother Marie Luciano (formerly Lucania.)

Isabella is dressed in a summer dress, reading the newspaper's business section while her father looks out the window at the passing scenery.  A young train attendant comes to ask if they'd like something to drink - an advantage of moving between districts and not having a per glass fee... drinks on board were 'complimentary' and so not restricted by prohibition's steely grip.

Isabella ordered a gin and tonic and nudged her dad.  "Do you want something to drink, Dad, it's going to be a long ride home?" 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lucky sat looking out the window. He had just left his new bride and was already missing her. He felt Isabell nudge him and he refocussed on the present and what was going on. 

Lucky looked at the attendant and ordered a whiskey before turning his attention to his daughter. 

"Anything interesting in the paper?" he asks her. 

Report Post Tip

"Was just reading about this railroad actually."  She says very matter of fact.  "Seems they just got a new CEO.  Despite the depression, or maybe because of it, they are pulling bigger numbers than ever before.  Seems more folks can swing the cost of train travel than buying automobiles and no one wants to transport goods via ships when you can use trains more cheaply and get it there faster."

She accepts her gin from the woman and tips her well.

Report Post Tip

Lucky takes his glass and sips his drink, it was not as good as he was used too but wasn't too bad. 

He sits and listens to Isabella speak and his mind already thinks of ways to exploit them and make money off the train company. He wondered if they used unions, how he could steal things being shipped. 

"ah makes me think of how we can use that information," he says 

Report Post Tip

She folded the paper.  "Do you think it's a stereotype that Sicilians are rash and hot headed... or do you think there's truth to the fact that maybe we sometimes act and speak without thinking?"  It was a deep question, but they hadn't had time for such conversations up til this point.  Usually it was 'tell me about your life'  or 'make me some damn money'  ... well, she supposed in part this was leading up to the later, but it might be nice to pretend to have a normal discussion with her dad for a bit.

Report Post Tip

"Well I think its a stereotype," he says with a smirk

"Now I do fit that description to a T though."   

"But I think it has served me well and that I have control over it. Why do you ask?" he asks her

Sal sat and took a drink from his glass and then lit a cigarette. He was puzzled what his daughter was getting at. 

Report Post Tip

She spun the newspaper towards her dad so he could read the article.   

"Oh... I think maybe I take after you just a little.  I hope you don't mind?  I'd like to pick your brain a bit, since I have you all to myself for a few hours."

Report Post Tip

He took the paper and read it. Looked at Isabella then at the paper and then back at his daughter. 

"When... how... what?" he said confusingly. 

"Wow. and of course you can pick my brain," he said to her. 

Report Post Tip

"Well,"  She lowered her voice, "I didn't get the shares from my REAL grandfather.  I only recently discovered who he is and where he is... Elias' gift to me for my birthday."  She smiled fondly remembering.

"This old man was a sweet gentleman I got to know after I looked up the share holders of the rail road.  I mean, I saw them in the paper and how much money they were clearing and thought... I need to get in on that action.  Well, and I figured we could always use a train to move our stuff."  she shrugged.

"So I made friends with this old recluse and ... a will change or two later and nature took it's course.  I didn't expect it to happen so fast, but the doctors assured me that he died peacefully and perhaps having someone in his life again helped him let go.  It was all rather sweet compared to how I normally work."

She laughed an sipped her gin.

"I was going to tell you last week but with all the stuff that happened concerning Elias and ... well, I just didn't.  When the newspaper got ahold of me and wanted to do a story I figured you'd have to be told.  Then the party and the wedding happened and there wasn't time.  So... that brings us to now."

She sighs.  "I want this to be my legit legacy as much as possible, the thing that I hope to leave any kids I might have one day.  It could be worth millions upon millions of legal dollars and weirdly enough, it's the most legal thing I've ever owned... albeit I see uses for it that don't involve the most honest of work."

"Problem is board member #12, the one who wants me out.  I don't know how the hell to deal with him.  What if he turns the others against me over time... I thought about getting rid of him but that seems messy and I don't want to have messy things anywhere near my connections to this.  Especially with my face tied to it so publicly now.  I guess young women owning multi-million-dollar businesses draws attention... go figure."

She folds the paper up.  "What do you think I can do about him and to protect my position?"

Report Post Tip

"Well I normally just make the disappear it quick but can draw attention since you have my last name," he says to her. 

Lucky sits back and thinks for minute going over different ways to handle this problem. 

"Well I have money..." he tells her. 

"I have an idea too." 

Report Post Tip

She sits forward excitedly.  "An idea... I like the sound of this already.  What's your idea?"  

Report Post Tip

"Well I can use my power and money to buy that guy out," he says still formulating the rest of his plan. 

"Hint that he may not Actually have a choice in the matter," he says slowly 

He sat back and thought for a minute on how to approach this and handle it. He did not care about killing the guy but he could tell Isabella was trying to avoid it. Doesn't mean he couldn't threaten. 

Report Post Tip

"That would mean we'd be in business together... I mean, we already are of course, but legit so!"  She smiles brightly.  "I would very much like that.  If you can get that old bastard to let go of his shares Dad that would be the absolute best!"

"I've got such plans for expanding what we do here ... I think we're going to make a mad fortune in rail!"

Report Post Tip

Isabella boarded the 8:15am train from Detroit to Chicago.  She had plans to meet Godmother @Marie_Luciano for lunch and discuss the idea of a baby shower with her.  Someone had to plan it after all!  She would have left such things in the capable hands of @JolieBebe but with her so busy these days she didn't feel right asking it of her.  No, this was a matter for family.

Settling into her seat she made a drink order and began to read her newspaper.

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo made his way out onto the road and was looking for some cabs, but nothing was available at that time. He kept on walking and found the Lake Shore Rail Road was just close by and went there by the time he finished his smoke. He bought himself a ticket and the station was empty as a desert, only difference was the wind was blowing but had no sand to accomodate it. 

He sat down on the bench and waited for the train and as he heard the horn from far away, he got up and juggled his coat and waited for it. It stopped and he got in and off he went in search of his food. 

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo thought it be better to take the train rather than drain himself in that humid weather as he was wearing quite a bit of clothing to cover up his baby also that rides with him all the time. He got to the counter and ordered a First Class Ticket and boarded the train. 

He sat down and enjoyed his cigarette and seeing everything go by him in seconds...Was somewhat satisfying at times, just the wind hitting you and nothing bothering you. He wondered why the flights wouldn't have windows??

Before he knew it, he reached the station and made

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo's flight was descending down when the flight had some turbulence and disturbed both Joey and Lorenzo's talk. Lorenzo was breaking down to him how he had to fly down there and take care of a few CAs that were fired and had to be put 6 feet under. 

Later down during the day a rogue had gunned down a Sponsored member and they were hunting him down. Everyone was advised to return to their respective cities for the extra protection and watch out. 

The hostess came back with the final set of drinks for them and they both gulped it and returned the glasses immediately. The airhostess smiled at Lorenzo as she left and Joey knew what happened there also. As it was becoming a thing for Joey to keep sighting each time. 

As the flight touchdown, Lorenzo got into the car immediately and asked to be taken to the Complex straight away. 

Report Post Tip

He stopped down at the train station as he had a kid meeting him for a drop-off from BigMoe and was supposed to be the new grade of coffee beans. He saw the kid sitting next the ticket counter, just beneath it. He went over and whistled and the kid walked over to him as Lorenzo walked by. 

He immediately took the parcel and gave the kid some cash and he went back to his car

Report Post Tip

Skad lit up his new cigarette...The ones he had before were the ones he got before he came into the states. He liked the strongness level of it and was right on point. He was yet to try the Cigars yet and wasn't sure when the occassion or time for them would come, but they were in the backbench awaiting their times...

Meanwhile Skad decided he'd check out the greater district and saw there was a Train Station nearby. He walked in and saw the place wasn't really occupied and was a quiet one...

He made his way to the ticket counter and saw an old gentleman sitting there with the hat on and reading the newspaper. Skad slowly knocked on the window door...."Oh, good evening, sir, how can I help you?" 

Skad "I'd like a ticket towards for the next couple stops please" The ticket master gave him the ticket and Skad greeted him and made his way to the platform. He sat down and he heard a noise from far away...Could see the train lights and got ready...

The train stopped for a brief moment, and he made his way onto it and sat down. This train had drinks/snacks on the house and was a gesture they wanted their customers to enjoy. The train person came over and asked if he wanted anything...Skad refused and asked for a glass of water if possible and just looked out the window and enjoyed the trip...He hadn't been in a train this empty...Was almost like a midnight train where there wasn't a single soul on it. 

Report Post Tip

Quadir didn't feel like driving to Cleveland he choose the train instead.  Quadir took his seat and on the train with Day-Day seating next to him and Cheeta across from him they were talking about the boss in cleveland and how they needed them to take on some of the slot machines that the Philly mob wanted to spreadout among their friends.  Quadir was into slot machines himself but if you own a few and you got suckers looking to catch a break these things made money.  Qadir wanted to unload 300 across the city there.   

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Lake Shore Rail Road - Come On Ride the Train!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL